Balmain S/S 2015 Paris

Yeah it's vulgar and nouveau riche tacky but I give it a thumbs up.

"One of the most popular photos from Balmain’s last collection didn’t focus on any of my designs: it was a shot of Rihanna, seated next to me at the after-party, and she looked amazing in her transparent top. Was I jealous? Of course not—I was inspired!" says @olivier_rousteing of the inspiration for the #BalmainSS15 collection

balmainparis

I'm surprised that there are already so many complaints about the collection because to me this is a big step forward for him. For every tight/stiff look there seems to be a look that has a softness and fluidity that he -- or the house, since Decarnin revived it -- has never shown before. The pants aren't second skin tight, there's a variety of skirt lengths, some of the jackets have a more forgiving shape, he cut back the surface decoration quite a bit and he did soft, full skirts/dresses for the first time ever. It's not all perfect, and it's not for everyone, but it's major progress for a house that not so long ago had a super narrow focus (short, tight, embellished dresses and rigid shoulder pads).

As for the Kardashian comments I find them kind of comical. She's riding Balmain's coattails, not the other way around. Let's not get it twisted now.

I completely agree about looking into the finer elements of the collection, instead of disregarding it as inspired by/for the Kardashian clan.

Structured with bold colours and graphic elements - it's a step in another direction. So what? Is Olivier supposed to reproduce embellished denim minidresses for the rest of his time at Balmain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dianarimar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->