Balmain F/W 2015.16 Paris

So it's not just me who sees gucci. It looks like gucci with a bit of Haider Ackerman. The fringe pieces are nice, but most of the pieces don't work and the color palette is jarring in some looks. Great cast though

Please, make it stop! This is vile! The colors, the references, the silhouettes-just complete trash.

Well.. props to him for going more of a conservative route. Nevertheless, I still find it hideous. Fabulous cast though.

There are some truly hideous pieces in this collection. And it seems like a recycling of last season, on top of the other labels that appear to have been inspiration. But that cast! OMG

Words out of my mouth- what is with all those frills?

But the runway cast is infallible!

Is Kim Kardashian designing these? Like... really. What a hell is that?

^I thought the same :rofl:, and she will wear the entire collection, for sure :rolleyes:

I guess Balmain customers really really really love brightly-colored genie pants.

Also, I think we might have a winner for Worst Soundtrack of the Season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessarily any excellent designs here, but his show is the very last glamorous, stompy, sexy show on the entire month's schedule and I appreciate it for that.

Versace, Gucci, and the uncanny ability to make VS Angels look like tubs of lard. Hideous!!

He should spend less time sucking his cheeks for his instagram selfies and focus more on his work because this is one giant mess of a collection !!

He should spend less time sucking his cheeks for his instagram selfies and focus more on his work because this is one giant mess of a collection !!
My thoughts exactly! I dream of the day Christophe Decarnin makes a comeback.

Not necessarily any excellent designs here, but his show is the very last glamorous, stompy, sexy show on the entire month's schedule and I appreciate it for that.

I agree with you on that point, but man, oh man. Was he drunk when he chose that color palette? This is just flabbergastingly hideous. :ninja:

His only customers are the Kardashian clan so I'm sure they designed half of this too lol.

I believe this is his best collection so far. Nothing that hasn't been seen before though. Tacky!

Some are kinda raunchy, fitting that Adriana Lima was in the cast.

I adore this! this has to be my favourite collection he has produced to date. I loved the clashing colours.

I particularly love the coat on Jessica Stam... WANT!!

I like about half of this and hate the other half, but I'll give him all of the credit in the world for really taking Balmain out of its super limited niche and building upon it. He's doing things that are ballsy and experimental without entirely ditching the label's image, and that's become more and more rare these days. That said I think his pre-fall iteration on these themes worked much better. Some of the shapes here just ain't working for me and skew too retro.

The fringe, however, is giving me life. I'm also digging the color palette. It makes me think of YSL and definitely stands out amongst the muddy browns, tepid nudes and dishwater pinks that have become the norm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->