i don't know her
Reaction score
theimpression.com
Gucci Creative Director | Sabato De Sarno
Photographer | Osma Harvilahti
Stylist | Luca Galasso
Hair | Ramona Eschbach
Makeup | Petros Petrohilos
0BF5B87D-C099-4746-BFB2-06F652DA5159.jpegF7E29A65-C2F3-49B4-A015-08510ECECA2E.jpeg96408845-F013-4150-B8D5-EC57500972CC.jpeg4FB5C8FB-0732-4238-AA30-2B444D7E058A.jpegB6B8B25E-B5C8-4105-B4A5-5168840FF24C.jpeg6F8F3205-5229-4265-B304-AEAD2A69D86C.jpeg98EE7D73-D74E-44F1-849D-802F34AE75AC.jpeg

Lovely photography. Would love to see these images in print.

All these campaigns they have been releasing are not cohesive and say absolutely nothing about the brand's identity. They are throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks, and so far nothing has made an impact. Less really is more.

Apart from that Daria Werbowy campaign, it’s clear that Sabato is very weak at producing strong and dynamic imagery as an Artistic Director.

Everything he’s done looks such a watered down concept of what is currently out there…

To be honest, this Barbour collab looks better than his Gucci. Like everything is so dry and sterile. I was rooting for him but god, it's impossible to do so.

God another Gucci campaign. All these different perspectives and off shoots for Gucci with none of them sticking. Sabato's tenure has been exhausting and it hasn't even been a year yet.

To be honest, this Barbour collab looks better than his Gucci. Like everything is so dry and sterile. I was rooting for him but god, it's impossible to do so.

To be honest, Gucci Continuum or Gucci Vault products have been more interesting than mainstream Gucci for the last two years now.
The latest drop is much less lame than the corporate merch.

Gucci with all these conflicting campaigns, seems to be emulating a "Fast Fashion" approach to product releases.
From Daria's Jewelry campaign, KenBunny Travel collection, Billie's plant based bags and Gucci Ancora; It all feels like a biweekly collection drop from Zara and H&M with differentiating themes.

I wonder if this is all intentional to make the collections diversified and buzz-generating.

Gucci with all these conflicting campaigns, seems to be emulating a "Fast Fashion" approach to product releases.
From Daria's Jewelry campaign, KenBunny Travel collection, Billie's plant based bags and Gucci Ancora; It all feels like a biweekly collection drop from Zara and H&M with differentiating themes.

I wonder if this is all intentional to make the collections diversified and buzz-generating.
Imho they are lost - confused about what to do - so they drop a lot (of aesthetics and merch) and see what merch stick, who are the new customers, and how to attract the former ones. They are definitely in a test-and-trial era. It's the right time for them to launch-test new bags because their competitor LV is releasing them faster than rabbits can sh*t.

I love this even if Gucci as a brand is currently giving bipolar.

I love this even if Gucci as a brand is currently giving bipolar.
I’m pretty sure you love it because it looks like Raf Simons. It’s the familiarity that is throwing people off. If there want the bamboo bag, it could have easily passed for one of his campaigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->