Haider Ackermann - Designer, Creative Director of Canada Goose

I guess... but to me (as a Canadian?????? lol, like @GERGIN) all I see is a brand full of overpriced parkas with a giant logo on the sleeve. I can't even fathom why someone would buy a coat from them, ok sure the status of it... but other than that, they're utterly tragic. As someone who lives somewhere where practically their coats MIGHT be useful (where it can get to -30C), nah... I couldn't imagine ever buying them.

Oh my god, Canada Goose upsets me more than I realize...

He was absolutely amazing 10 years ago. Not sure I would still call him "relevant", so I believe Canada Goose sounds ok

So he is picky for big interesting fashion house but don’t hesitate to rush over for this kind of job. Bye then 👋.
Word! Seriously don't get it. I am so confused! He would have killed it at Givenchy or Dries, but the truth is I love his namesake label. This all sounds like a joke!

but Haider? 🤢.. he makes the corniest numbers.
LOL! But then again, Chemena's boho ruffles at Chloé are so 'edgy' and 'badass', right? 😂 I try respecting different pointviews, but describing Haider's numbers that include lots of leather and rock n' roll style as 'corny' makes me soo confused about certain people's definition of the word. Or maybe I am just living in a reverse world where in reality florals, lace and pink organza aren't the epitome of kitsch and the definition of cliché of a schmaltzy person, but the coolest thing since guitar rock. 🙃 Hey, but each to his own.

Who's calling Chloe badass? What?
Let me spell it out for you: There is something so deeply ironic and amusing about worshipping Chemena's work at Chloé (in a whole thread), which is the embodiment of a kitschy person and then calling Haider's work "corny". Get it now?
And please, mind your own business.

Let me spell it out for you: There is something so deeply ironic and amusing about worshipping Chemena's work at Chloé (in a whole thread), which is the embodiment of a kitschy person and then calling Haider's work "corny". Get it now?
And please, mind your own business.
Mind my own business? This is a public forum. I asked who's calling her work "badass"? Literally, do you not comprehend peoples posts and just reply to whatever you think you read? Because there seems to be a pattern with how you compose your posts here.

To be fair, apart from the JPG gig, none of his latest efforts (if we want to call them that) were really on par with his talent: Fila, Maison Ulliens...and now Canada Goose. It's obvious that the guy doesn't have a queue of suitors outside his door and, well, the bills have to be paid one way or another.
I'm afraid that, in the wretched times we are living in, his taste is considered somewhat too niche for the masses of moneyed basic-brains "luxury" brands chasing these days.

I read this early this morning and thought it said golden goose till now ☠️ onward and upward 🙏🏻
exactly me... tbf i visited a canada goose store and it wasnt so bad but was shocked at the prices specially for them being quite unknown. Hopefully haider can justify these pricing.

exactly me... tbf i visited a canada goose store and it wasnt so bad but was shocked at the prices specially for them being quite unknown. Hopefully haider can justify these pricing.

I'm not sure how well-known they are globally, but it's a well known and sought-after brand in the States - at least where I've lived. As someone else said, I'm sure Moncler is the goal.

Where I live, it’s mostly a brand worn by fashion victim international students… the same ones who run to local food banks and claim they can’t afford food. 🥴

I'd say the clientele does lean heavily towards students (from Asia) and finance bro types, from what I've seen.

If I were heading to the Arctic and could only choose Canada Goose or Moncler, I'd choose Canada Goose. Sadly no more coyote fur, though. lol

I thot they were still using the fur? It’s just gonna be “reclaimed” now whatever that means

If I were heading to the Arctic and could only choose Canada Goose or Moncler, I'd choose Canada Goose. Sadly no more coyote fur, though. lol
… couldn’t be me admtting to that around Canadians, aka. the snobs of all things polar, bet they look down on your alternative, too.

Do I have a Canadian Goose jacket? no, but have I considered it?…

Literally, do you not comprehend peoples posts and just reply to whatever you think you read?
Ad hominem, baby! open membership levels..

I thot they were still using the fur? It’s just gonna be “reclaimed” now whatever that means

You're right haha I thought they stopped with coyote fur altogether but now apparently not. They've changed their ways and now instead of buying fur from trappers they're just.... reclaiming the fur from... dead coyotes? Who knows lol

… couldn’t be me admtting to that around Canadians, aka. the snobs of all things polar, bet they look down on your alternative, too.
It's hard to not be a snob when you could get frostbite or hypothermia!! It literally snowed two weeks ago where I live... it's rough. 🥶

Unrelated, but I'm surprised there isn't a photo op of Haider visiting the polar bears in Churchill, Manitoba. It's like theee tourist destination to see a polar bear in the "wild". (Spot the Canada Goose jacket in the shot.)

1715814446687.png
youtube

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iphone4321
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->