Pieter Mulier - Designer, Creative Director of Alaïa

Yet another tour of this man's godforsaken concrete prison:
No wonder why Blazy ran screaming.

I actually enjoy how his apartment is not over-decorated and overtly eclectic with clashing materials and surfaces like Nicolas Ghesquière's which looks by far too 'designed' for my liking - I would get a headache in his' and this one exudes a sense of calm, with a spectacular view and a lush garden balancing the raw concrete. To me, minimalism, redux and materials like raw concrete don't equate coldness but it's obvious this space is inhabited by a person with a cerebral mind!

^ yeah the interior aesthetic is not to my taste but I respect that it reflects his (as opposed to being entirely the vision of some wanky interior designer or trend) and it does look actually lived in, the books look read and not just chosen for how they look on the shelf in a photograph, etc.

Recent red carpet appearances for Mulier's Alaïa:
IMG_20231206_135320.jpg
IMG_20231206_135402.jpgIMG_20231206_135548.jpgIMG_20231206_135628.jpg
Source: Alaïa's Instagram story

They were dating ? Good lord I cant even imagine how chaotic that relationship was.

that icey cold and detached home that looks un-livable says a lot about his character and mindset. Im sure dealing with him was cold and detached as well. When I was 20 a home like that wouldve been the coolest thing. Now ? I would need to spend a lot redoing that home. Namely tiles. I hate concrete walls and floors like im some sort of prisoner. Id cover the inside and out of the home with tiles a-la southern europe. Id prob do exuberant gold veined marble and green marble to spice the otherwise bland space up.

I actually enjoy how his apartment is not over-decorated and overtly eclectic with clashing materials and surfaces like Nicolas Ghesquière's which looks by far too 'designed' for my liking - I would get a headache in his' and this one exudes a sense of calm, with a spectacular view and a lush garden balancing the raw concrete. To me, minimalism, redux and materials like raw concrete don't equate coldness but it's obvious this space is inhabited by a person with a cerebral mind!
I hear Raf has pooping issues… so the rumor goes

lol is this rumours mad libs or something
seriously, when did tfs sink this low? I get some members forget to take their meds and feel entitled to bombard tfs with daily dumb s*it (just look at the Balenciaga LA thread and the two-troll circus there), but poop/fart jokes just to make a point about a designer whose work you don’t like? it really lowers the quality of this forum and only makes this place more seductive to similar, intellectually-challenged trolls that aren’t even going to stick around because you can only scream so long for attention..

When I remembered tFS has an ignore feature the other day, skimming the forums became much easier without reading the comments of those two trolls, specifically.

Exactly this. I’ve utilized it more in the last week than in my previous 14 years of membership here.

When I remembered tFS has an ignore feature the other day, skimming the forums became much easier without reading the comments of those two trolls, specifically.
True. I usually just wait for these to f off (they always do) but still.. even if I don’t see it, how embarrassing to post among the idiotic poop posts, the Kardashian obsession, the ‘LVMH is winning, I just noticed today’ empty posting.. let’s keep this place decent and less like a dumpster that shelters the tiktok and ig rejects..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->