Peter Dundas New Creative Director of Roberto Cavalli

It's going to be a mess, but it will be better than Cavalli himself.

This is great news! I love Peter and I can't wait too see what he'll do with a big budget house like Cavalli.

I was sad because he left Pucci, but he fits perfectly for Cavalli!
Pretty sure he will make a great job. Can't wait :smile:

I will miss his work at Pucci, but Cavalli's collections have been mediocre lately, so I'm excited to see what Dundas' vision will be for the brand.

:rofl:

I don't have any recollection of his previous stint at Cavalli ... I guess it'll be interesting to see what he does ...

Really? His time at cavalli was when cavalli was actually really exciting and he was there during some of the most memorable and dare I say iconic collections.

The Chinese vase dress that's going to be at The Met exhibition.

Spring/summer 2005 definitely had an impact. The styling, swimsuits, etc.

I'm happy about but is it really a upgrade to go from Pucci to RC? Is RC that much of a step up?

I would have love to see him at gucci.

:rofl:

I don't have any recollection of his previous stint at Cavalli ... I guess it'll be interesting to see what he does ...

He was really instrumental in the success of Cavalli. The brand became a thing in 2002. They started to have amazing casts, the VP team supported the brand...etc.

Some of his iconic contributions for the house:
Roberto+Cavalli+Fall+2005+uGHdDPdxrywl.jpg
Roberto+Cavalli+Fall+2005+p96KWuK2rS_l.jpg
Roberto+Cavalli+Fall+2005+xWF9hnA5VJ6l.jpg
Roberto+Cavalli+Spring+2005+thBiClnYqwhl.jpg
Roberto+Cavalli+Fall+2004+nIA48IB6IY7l.jpg
Roberto+Cavalli+Spring+2003+A_IniFEdWN_l.jpg
Roberto+Cavalli+Spring+2005+90jY1mYzt2Gl.jpg
Roberto+Cavalli+Spring+2005+IR2-7BR1jgjl.jpg

stylebistro

Really? His time at cavalli was when cavalli was actually really exciting and he was there during some of the most memorable and dare I say iconic collections.

The Chinese vase dress that's going to be at The Met exhibition.

Spring/summer 2005 definitely had an impact. The styling, swimsuits, etc.

I only remember one exciting (to me) Cavalli collection ever ... it was Poiret-inspired. Don't remember who the designer was ...

I think I do remember the blue and white dress ... perhaps that is the Chinese vase dress you're mentioning? Maybe some consider these items above iconic ... some of them are in my view unspeakably tacky (yellow dress with hip cutout). I think that's getting in the way of my appreciation ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicolelisa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->