Hairstyles how-to's

*Post copied from Long hair one lenght hair thread and moved here*
What do you do, with your long hair, not to be "hair-boring" ?

my favorite thing to do when i had ultra long hair was a long fishtail braid, or even one on each side of the head. they are so beautiful and ethereal when done messily:

LongBlondeFishtail200.jpg
hairboutique.com

here are some instructions on how to fishtail..
.. and here are some instructions for the inverted fishtails in the image above.

Last edited by a moderator:
never thought it would be clear enough! so i'll give it a try again.
fish braids:
it is unbelievable difficult to do it over all the head. if you do a ponytail it's easier, good for practicing.. you divide the ponytail in two parts and then take a little bit from one side and gather it with the other, and so on. the more thin is the bit you take, the more intricate looks.
here's a image-aid
Fishboneplait.jpg

www.newfordtransit.co.uk

and check out this site, it's filled with crazy braided hairdos! http://www.calebcrump.com/calebs_braids2.htm

^above post copied to this thread from the Braids thread :flower:

I love Kristen's hairstyle in this 2 pictures. It's so bright and that wavy hair is just prefect! How can I achieve this look? Thank you! :flower:

56156135ofhungryghosts1110200811135.jpg

005wed55ne5.jpg

please credit the first picture isupporthil

^ sorry the first picture is from the same website as the second one except that i cut the bottom

Does anyone know specifically how to achieve these styles? It looks like it may be a no-brainer but I'm not particularly good with hairstyling.
ellenvonunwerth_011.jpg
2003_09_07_021.jpg
gallery.vanessaparadispics.com

Thanks in advance :heart::blush:

^I tried doing that and it turned out more spiraly than beach wavy.
Ok so Ive tried everything suggested. Ive braided it and went to bed, I sprayed it with surfer hair stuff and I tried curling it with my CHI and none of it works:angry:
Seriously what is the secret to getting waves like there:flower:
normal_55579438942008104611AM.jpg

http://shenaegrimesonline.com/

For anyone intersted - there is currently a 'how to video' on how style your hair in a perfect pony tail by Howcast in the rotating Cover Story window :flower:

I tried for so long to learn how to do the beachy waves and could never get it, and now I finally understand how to do it but I just got my hair cut so it's just a bit too short at the moment :rolleyes: lol

I love the hair-style at E. Y. Wada ,and it doesn't look so difficult like other runway styling:

12.jpg

03.jpg

wwd.com

mbfashionweek.com

any idea how to do this ? I know it looks so simple, but I often tried curlers and everytime my hair looked weird :blink:

Attachments

• e.y. wada.jpg
    e.y. wada.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 26
I love the hair-style at E. Y. Wada ,and it doesn't look so difficult like other runway styling:

any idea how to do this ? I know it looks so simple, but I often tried curlers and everytime my hair looked weird :blink:

It looks like those curls are done with heat - either with large tongs or with straighteners.

How do I get my hair wavy like this? These imo are the "perfect" beach waves. Is there any way to style my hair like this with a curling iron? Thanks in advance :flower:.

celebutopia via Emilee

Anyone got tips to get this style?
Got the cut already, but the styling is a bit harder (especially since I have curly hair, curlier then the model) .. :innocent:

It looks almost like a waterwave.. ^ Fewormany please credit the image :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->