Has anyone ever asked you if your designer bag was a fake??

pucci_mama

Frozen irony.
Reaction score
It has never happen to me, but i do have friends that this has happen too.

I can't believe how rude!:shock:

So has this ever happen to you? What did you do? How did you react?

Let's discuss.:flower:

Oh gosh. Yes it has. I didn't get mad or anything, but it was rude in a way. :doh: The problem is that there are too many fakes that look almost identical ( but the quality it so crappy ).

ha ha ha... well I have had someone assume my Multicolore Speedy was fake....

Picture it...
Las Vegas 2003
I was at the Sephora in the Dessert Passage Mall at Aladdin, and some Southern looking lady comes up to me

Lady: Where did you get your bag...?
Moi: ...South Coast Plaza, in Orange Cou-...
Lady: Oh, so its real? Sorry I thought it was fake..

I was out of breathe and out of words to say..

It is quite annoying...

If they have to ask, they're obviously not well informed.. I wouldn't take it to heart so much.

never and if I was carrying a fake I wouldn't mind if it was phrased like "I love your bag where did you get it" rather than "is your bag a fake". I can't even imagine a total stranger having the nerve to ask the latter. I once asked a woman if her bag was by chloe (it was one of the mesh hobos that I had been looking for and I wanted to find out where she got it) and it turned out to be a no-name bag she bought at macys. no idea if I offended her, but I would hope not.

Luna said:
If they have to ask, they're obviously not well informed.. I wouldn't take it to heart so much.

exactly. as long as they're not mean or rude and are just ignorant, it's their problem, not yours.

LilyGirl said:
never and if I was carrying a fake I wouldn't mind if it was phrased like "I love your bag where did you get it" rather than "is your bag a fake". I can't even imagine a total stranger having the nerve to ask the latter. I once asked a woman if her bag was by chloe (it was one of the mesh hobos that I had been looking for and I wanted to find out where she got it) and it turned out to be a no-name bag she bought at macys. no idea if I offended her, but I would hope not.

that is actually a compliment I think...

"i love your bag, where did you get it?" is not really a thing one would say if you think it was fake, anyway?

Unless it's a monogram Louis Vuitton.:lol:

It's like... guess?:ninja:

Well.. I'd never ask someone if anything they were wearing was fake... I'm just a bit more respectful with my words... Telling them you love it and asking where they got it is a bit more courteous.

Whoever had/has the audacity to ask if your bag is fake needs a foot up their a**.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope so! I so love bags and am infinitely curious about bags I see all the time, but I never have the nerve to approach the owner for fear that she won't appreciate the instrusion for one reason or another.

I only ever received the LOOK(is this real type of thing) from a woman when I was carrying the cambon tote apart from that a lots came on for the paddington lately where most were asking 'Is that a Chloe' bag'.

Luna said:
Whoever had/has the audacity to ask if your bag is fake needs a foot up their a**.

:lol:

this guy commented once on my bag...we were out at a kind off grungy bar and i had come straight from work, so i was dressed nicely. he said something about my outfit and then something like, "look at you with your fake marc jacobs bag!" kinda half-joking, but then he looked at it and saw the engraved "marc jacobs" on the buckles and zipper...

you should have seen his face...i didn't even have to say anything...

pucci_mama said:
"i love your bag, where did you get it?" is not really a thing one would say if you think it was fake, anyway?

Unless it's a monogram Louis Vuitton.:lol:

It's like... guess?:ninja:

I actually have had a number of people ask me where I got my balenciaga because they have no clue about designer bags and it could be from the gap for all they know. as long as people are nice, I'm always nice back.

and I want to ask people where they got their bags if it's not designer or a designer I don't recognize (happens a lot) or if they're carrying bag that I've been looking for and can't find (like that chloe).

I talk to people all the time about bags... i'm a freak.. people must think i have problems... turns out that Bebe bag I got a few months ago.. they also sold a similar bag at Kitson... I looked stupid, but when i asked the girl where she got it... she was nice about it :wink:

Basically no one in my area knows a thing about designer bags, so they would never know to ask if it was fake or not. But one time, I think it was last winter, I did have a girl I talked to sometimes in one of my classes at school ask me if I had gotten my Balenciaga in Chinatown, I guess she had just been to new york and seen knockoffs that looked like it there... I just had a private mental laugh and told her no, it was a gift.

i have been asked whether my bag was fake or not. i didn't care much, because like luna said, they were obviously not very well informed. but i do not want people to think i wear fakes. not because i want them to know that i can afford real designer bags, it's just that i'd rather wear a cute no name purse than a fake.

I can see this happening more with balenciagas than any other bag because they've become so popular and replicated (and the replicas are good). a year ago I never saw a single person with one and now I see a couple a day. and I admit I'm tempted to ask some women if theirs are fakes but only because the colors are so unusual (and since I'm no balenciaga expert I don't know every color they made). but I don't.

The most replicated one I must say is Louis Vuittin. The fakes are soooo bad though!! I've seen one with WV instead of LV. :lol: :lol: :lol: Haha, I cracked up.

Handbags no (not yet) but it has happened with jewellery. I was at a party and was wearing a Chanel cuff bracelet. Quilted black leather and the lock is the interlocking C's. Someone, who I didn't know, asked me if it was "really Chanel"...

kimair said:
:lol:

this guy commented once on my bag...we were out at a kind off grungy bar and i had come straight from work, so i was dressed nicely. he said something about my outfit and then something like, "look at you with your fake marc jacobs bag!" kinda half-joking, but then he looked at it and saw the engraved "marc jacobs" on the buckles and zipper...

you should have seen his face...i didn't even have to say anything...

This man at a grungy bar knew what a Marc Jacobs bag was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->