Has anyone ever asked you if your designer bag was a fake??

My solution is this: if a bag is overexposed enough to have knockoffs make, the real one is tacky too.

Don't carry an it bag, and you won't have to worry about people asking if it's real.

true, but it shouldn't deter people who really love the monogram from carrying it. that's like saying "oh well jeans are the new IT trend, so i'll be damned if i'm caught dead in a pair of jeans" yah know?

i know my bags well, and can tell outright, usually immediately if a bag is the real deal or not. i also love th LV monogram, and the fact that many poeple have fake bags, does not deter me from carrying my monograms. I know what i have, i love them, and i never feel selfconscious of carrying one. Actually i've had a few people comment n my LV's and then start a conversation of fakes, and they're usually quite surprised i know so much about how to tell the real deal from the fake. They're almost intrigued....and if i can share some of my knowledge, i will :flower:

usually you buy a bag before it becomes truly 'it' and gets replicated!! everything gets replicated nowdays just go on ioffer tell me which bags are not replicated??

I think it's a bit of a silly statement.

There's the entire Mulberry line, for example. And brands with super popular styles that do get knocked off, like Balenciaga, also have less common models that don't. I don't use purses though, so I don't know what there is out there.

yes a chanel porte-mon-bil. the girl's an idiot so it didn't bother me

I never buy designer bags. That's because I can't afford them, and I prefer to spend my money on various pieces of clothing instead ONE thing.

That said... I own a LV speedy 35. It's vintage, inherited from my grandma. No one ever asked me if it is original... I think it's because the fakes are usually speedy 25 and they're new. I also never feel conscious wearing it, I treat it like every other bag I own.

That said... Can I ask a question?

I'm Italian, and here you can find a lot of fakes. Only in the street markets though, and it's illegal.

I never understood how in the US the stores can make replicas... Maybe the laws are different.

My question is... Can I trust Us websites that make replicas? Are they good?

I found this site (http://www.aaareplicas.com/). I love, love, love the design of the Hermes Birkin. But there's no way I can afford that, not until I'm 40 and wealthy :P.

So I was thinking to order a replica (it's 300 euros). Also because here in Rome I never saw a Birkin. Nobody knows what it is, and the few that know it don't know the absurd price of it.

I don't want to go around and say that is an original one, but I want one identical to the original, well made, because I love it.

Suggestions? :flower:

^ i understand where you're coming from, and i feel the same way
it's sooo ridiculous and out of reach that so few can afford the real deal anyway!!

i too really do like the shape...it's a great basic tote
but honestly, i would never do something that actually said hermes etc on it
i'd go for a guilt-free, unbranded replica if i were you
i sent you a pm... :wink:

I've only had one person ever ask me if a bag I was carrying was 'real'...it was so silly to me that I started laughing :lol:

britishkiller said:
I never buy designer bags. That's because I can't afford them, and I prefer to spend my money on various pieces of clothing instead ONE thing.

That said... I own a LV speedy 35. It's vintage, inherited from my grandma. No one ever asked me if it is original... I think it's because the fakes are usually speedy 25 and they're new. I also never feel conscious wearing it, I treat it like every other bag I own.

That said... Can I ask a question?

I'm Italian, and here you can find a lot of fakes. Only in the street markets though, and it's illegal.

I never understood how in the US the stores can make replicas... Maybe the laws are different.

My question is... Can I trust Us websites that make replicas? Are they good?

I found this site (http://www.aaareplicas.com/). I love, love, love the design of the Hermes Birkin. But there's no way I can afford that, not until I'm 40 and wealthy :P.

So I was thinking to order a replica (it's 300 euros). Also because here in Rome I never saw a Birkin. Nobody knows what it is, and the few that know it don't know the absurd price of it.

I don't want to go around and say that is an original one, but I want one identical to the original, well made, because I love it.

Suggestions? :flower:

there are actually a lot of italian designers that make really well made bags very close in style to, lets say for example, hermes. i would rather go with a well made italian bag in the "style-of" rather than a knock off. there are just too many bad things associated with the construction and business of counterfeit bags, and there's such quality in manufacturers where you are from....it seems a bit silly to order a US replica. There was a member here that posted in the 'new bag purchases' thread and she had a bag custom made in italy very close to the structure and quality of a hermes. i'll see if i can find it and perhaps you can PM her for more info on where she purchased it from and the like...:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->