Has anyone ever asked you if your designer bag was a fake??

^^LOL unplugged. Good one!! :lol:

Originally Posted by zvezdana
I just wear things I really, really love.... whether it cost $5, $500 or $5000.

I agree 100% That's my way of looking at it too. Personally, if I love something, I don't care about the price or what anyone else thinks. :flower:

unplugged66 said:
I wouldn't normaly say anything but it just pissed me off someone with a fake designer pouch giving me attitude. So I stopped and I was like "No you see here is the difference, where you piad what $25.00 for that fake pouch I paid $650.00. Atleast if you are going to carry a fake don't pretend it is real." She got all embarassed and walked away so quickly. How rude.

LOL! Some people have the strangest attitudes. She probably didn't expect feedback!

I have actually encountered some strange attitudes from people on things other than handbags - people have told me "there's NO way you can afford that/have that/own that" attitude regarding my stuff. Unbelievable and mean :blink:

I've had a few people with balls ask if my LV papillon is fake (real words 'is that real?). Why? Because there are so many fakes out there. I don't mind being asked, it's not a big deal for me.

i've never had anyone ask me, but i spot a million fakes a week. especially in the suburbs where people are very wealthy, but have no taste. i work at banana republic and people think they're god's gift for blowing $2000 on clothes each week there, yet they sport an endless array of fake LV and coach bags. it's really quite sad, but i guess if the circle of people they hang with can't tell the difference, it really doesn't matter.

sometimes i'll have clients look at our bags and make comments like, "$300 FOR A BANANA REPUBLIC BAG! it isn't even coach!" and i feel like saying, "neither is yours..."

LOL!!! the siren, I also live in an affluent area and I see so many fakes.

I saw a fake LV Speedy and you know, I don't really care if it's fake... but you should have seen the haughty attitude of the woman toting it around! She was pouting and literally looking down her nose at everyone else... thats what I noticed first! the snooty b*tch! then I saw her ugly fake bag! hahaha! she was carrying it on her forearm in that manner like "oooh, look at my bag!"... and she was looking to see if anyone else was looking at her, lol.

the sad thing is, it was a fake you could spot from across the entire fresh produce section! it had like 4 colours... highlighter yellow, highlighter pink, highlighter blue... plus the flowers and the LV's were the same colours next to each other and the inside was beige.

it was really hard not to laugh in her face with that haughty attitude of hers.

i was wearing my gym clothes (sweaty leggings, tshirt, nike shox, heh) and my.... dun dun dun! PUMA mini backpack, heheh :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
ugh. i hate snooty women who base their worth on their bags. it's pathetic.

usually with the superfakes, you can tell by the woman's mannerism, imho. stylish, wealthy women usually have great haircuts that fall nicely even when messy, and their always mani/pedi ready. they're just very kept, you know?

Whether your bag is real or fake, and whether you paid $100 or $1000+ for it, an accessory does not make you any better than anyone else. When will people learn?

No one ever asked me if a real bag was fake - since my only "real" bag is a vintage Celine evening bag. But I have had the opposite, kind of, happen. :lol:

This girl, an acuqaintance, once asked me "Is that a Bayswater!" looking like :shock: and with a strong tone of "I can not belive you have that bag" in her voice.
Here comes the funny part: the bag I was carrying is a no-name birkin-inspired style from a department store. But it doesn't have a lock on it and It looks nothing like a bayswater. At all. ^_^

Of course everyone does not know what a Bayswater looks like, but she was the one who dropped the name. And if asked she would definitley claim to know her designer bags. :innocent:

I've never had anyone say "is that real?" to me..but i've certainly had people imply that my bag is fake and "check for it's authencity". IMO, they're being extremely rude.

Once, I was carrying my Vuitton monogram canvas "croissant" bag which I had just bought a few days and during dinner w/ a group of high school friends, one of them says "wow, you've got an LV..can i see it?" She opens my bags looks in it to inspect it or something...but unfortunately for her, I still had a tag in the bag tucked into the inside pocket (i must've forgotten to look in there) I usually wear clothing/bags that are quite minimalist and not showy or adorned w/ the logo/designers name all over it...so perhaps she thought it was fake...

the same thing happened to my mom..where my uncle's wife asked to look at her fendi..and she also, like my "friend" opens up the bag to inspect...my mom is also someone who doesn't like to purchase showy items (like mother, like daughter:D )....My mom didn't say anything..but I was so pissed..especially when that lady is giving us such a snotty look whehn i know she also carries some real and some fake bags:angry:

being brown, some ppl think my bags, jewelry, and even my marriage & kids(they didn't take after me too much) are fake.LOL! what are you going to? thankfully everyone who counts knows the truth. real real real, no fakes. not a snobbisme, i just think it's insulting and theft to the original designers.

OTOH, it makes me feel safer sometimes too(about the bags ,etc.) re: crime. i wear my things everywhere but i have sort of a low-key hippie/imports/jeans/artsy style that it doesn't come off flashy, more subtle. maybe a mess at times, i dunno.

it's fun to have balance 'something old something new' be a bit natural. i think it attracts less negative attention and questioners/accusers.

also where you are..Marin some areas of SF, ppl assume real more than areas like the East Bay. In Paris, contrefacon/counterfeits, a lot of ppl i know are against logos too, even real ones, so the fakes are a real laugh, but not in a cruel way. its also more policed/illegal there than here.

hey, i was just reading some of this and i noticed alot of people saying, they've stalked:wink: people who didnt look like they were the type to wear an euthentic, and in the end they were carrying the real thing.

i work at a 'posh' sunglasses shop, and i can honestly say, you can never clasify people as a "type" because ive sold $600+ sunglasses to lady's that look like there still wearing half thier pj's :lol: maybe they just couldnt be bothered making an efort that day:rolleyes:

i think its the same with bags... not everyone dresses emaculately every single day, but that doesnt mean your not aloud to wear the bad you love!

sorry if ive gone a bit off topic...

i've only ever owned 1 designer bag and thats the speedy 25 which i'll never get sick of. when im out with it i can tell some women (especially the ones who are also carrying one) are checking it out to see if its a fake or not. but i've never been asked, maybe 'cause its vintage. i reckon the more newer the bag the more it seems like a fake. also i've been given those snooty looks from women carrying designers and checking you from head to toe. its very annoying.. especially the other day when this teenish girl who is also carrying an lv but hers were obviously a fake (with this very off-putting star shape pattern on her lv, very similar to those christmas snow decorations). also its very funny how my bf gives me the *check that bag out* look.. we stare at it till when the women leaves and then comment on it after.. ^^

Yea I sometimes stalk girls caryring balenciagas trying to figure out if its real or fake :smile:

But I have been asked if my chanel was fake once and it was so I said yes lol but a close friend. Btu that was back when i was younger and had no income...now I wouldn't walk aroudn with fakes again :/..

I wore my MJ Stam without the chains while shopping and this woman loudly told her friend "That's the bag I want" and her friend said " It's beautiful but it's a fake". Her friend asked how she could tell, and her friend said " Real ones come with chains, hers does not". I just thought that was amuzing. The two of them followed me around Barney's until I left the store, so obvious that they were checking the bag out to see if it was real or fake.

^^^^ HOW RUDE!!! :angry:

Admittedly, I have a very short fuse lately, but I would have said something!!! It would have warranted a death stare and at least an "OH REALLY?!!" from me :lol: Maybe because I have to save for my authentics and think about what style and colour I really really want, so I would have taken it a little personally and felt a little affronted! lol.

I recently went to this massive jean sale (http://www.thewarehousesale.com) and I have never seen so many designer bags, both real and blatantly fake, in one place in my life!

I wore my authentic putty Stam and I was looking, but I didn't see any other Stams which was surprising, considering it was San Francisco. I expected to see at least one other one? I only saw one horribly fake white Paddington... the leather was really gross and plasticy looking and the padlock was way too big and the girl seemed exceptionally pleased with herself and her paddy. I was really curious about whether she knew it was fake or not... hmmmmm. I came to the conclusion that SF is definitely a Gucci town. I saw so much Gucci monogram, every second woman seemed to be carrying one. I saw a lot of Balenciaga, but only one that I was definitely sure was real. It was a gorgeous small white one that with heavily distressed leather, GORGEOUS. I was never that into Balenciaga, but now I kind of want one, heheh. I loved the white, but I think I want one in a really fabulous, stand out colour.

It was really cool because I saw so many bags that I have been curious about, but never seen in stores or on another person. Lots of obscure Gucci styles, that's for sure! :P

Last edited by a moderator:
My fiance's cousin loves my Louis collection. Each time she sees me with a bag she hasnt seen before (not to say I have that many just that we seldom see each other) she asks- "Is it real".

I gotta be polite, I will soon be in that family...

Luna said:
I talk to people all the time about bags... i'm a freak.. people must think i have problems... turns out that Bebe bag I got a few months ago.. they also sold a similar bag at Kitson... I looked stupid, but when i asked the girl where she got it... she was nice about it :wink:

Me too. I am always looking at bags people are carrying and I often compliment them. I am always curious where they got it, who makes it, but I never ask if it's fake or imply it's fake. I just have a general curiosity about handbag shopping. If I see a "designer" bag or something I think might be a designer bag, I might ask, "Oh I am curious, where did you get it because I rather like it," if I am already in conversation with the person. Usually, the reply is, "Oh at TJ Maxx," or "Oh it's a fake" because most people I come into contact with are just regular middle-class sort of people, not high-end at all. Though I am acquainted with a handful of rather well-off people and they always have beautiful bags that they got during a vacation in Paris or Boca Raton or something.

i was hanging out at the mall last friday with my close friend, who was carrying her cream paddington, and one of these group of girls came up to us while we were at abercrombie, they looked at her and then looked at me head to toe! i was carrying my chanel 224... the "leader" was carrying this very fake dooney and bourke hearts bag... she said "did u get ur at purse walmart??" and all of her friends laughed.. my friend was furious.. she said this is a CHLOE PADDINGTON with a price tag of 1300 dollars.. im sorry that ur cheap FAKE bag is so.. well cheap...and fake..of a mere 150 dollar bag!! it was funny to me... after they walked out 'hastily' my friend was like 'i was about to pull out all my money and wave it in her face'... i think she had like $650 in her bag...

Recherche77 said:
By the way $1800 is Australian Currency... and yes the denim is correctly distressed around the edges!!! I was amazed!

may i ask you where you got it from? thanks

funny thread.

I always assume people are carrying the real thing. Once I was at the markets and they had a Louis Vuitton bag. I asked my friend if i could take a look at the inside of her LV wallet to compare and she laughed, telling me it was a fake. :-P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->