Has anyone ever asked you if your designer bag was a fake??

i never dress up for my bags instead my bags (and shoes) DRESS ME UP :smile:!!

thats how it has always been and i must say, carrying eveything i own with confidence, noone has ever looked twice to see whether it might be a fake bag i am carrying just because i am not dressed accordingly.

however, i would not have a problem if someone did waste their precious energy to think that i might carry a fake... thats their problem.. as long as they stay away from me ; hehehe :wink:

:P This post is so funny!!!! And the " rent" site WTF??????????? Can people be dumb enough to rent a bag???????????

Yassira

man, i saw a lady in my work tonite with a nasty, REALLY bad LV knockoff speedy 25....i was trying so hard not to say anything and so i bit my tongue....until i watched her walk out the door. it was SO hard!! i wanted to scream after her and let her know..........it was so tacky!

Someone asked me if my Dior Golf was real, its just annoying because i couldnt carry a fake bag!

i encounter an awkward insident the other day. i was at best buy standing at the check out line when i spotted a fake paddington behind me. it was such a bad fake! the weirdest thing was that i was using the paddington that day but for some reason i didn't feel like bringing it in bestbuy cause i just had to do a quick stop by and left the bag in the car. i just imagine if i had the paddy with me. Oh that would suck. good thing i didn't bring it out cause that was just be too weird. :ninja:

I was holding my Marc Jacobs quilted leather handbag at Orange County's
Balboa Island little boutique street, and I was in this cute little vintage store and this woman comes up to me and she's like "omg, that chanel bag is cute, but it seem's kinda off is it real? where did you get it?"
and I was actually kinda shocked, I can see why a person that doesn't know
handbags very well could say the MJ one I had looked Chanel-esque and
I laughed a little and was like, "oh no this isn't Chanel, it's Marc Jacobs. I got it at Neiman Marcus in Vegas a while back" and she's like, "ohhh, yeah, they're good too" and she smiled and walked away. bit odd :shock:

I've been lucky that no one has ever made questioned my bags..I just don't know how I'd react. I'm sure I'd be pretty annoyed but I would definitely try to be nice about it and just say something like "oh it's the real deal". I've gotten people staring at them but never saying anything.

I do hate the ugly fakes though. I especially hate when I'm walking past those carts at Century City Mall filled with fake bbags, paddingtons and spys and my husband says "Honey, don't you have those bags?" He knows how to get me riled up.

It happens to me twice when I was wearing my Paddington!!
The cashier at Forever 21 was complimenting me with a nice bag and was starring at it...Then she asked oh is that real? I nodded my head and she's like wow doesn't it cost a lot? over 1,000?? I smiled and I left... don't know how to reacte... another time happened at a japanese market, cashier again, oh I like your bag is that Isabella Fiore??? ummm I said no its not and I smiled and she's like ohhh ohh I remembered its the Chloe then.... I nodded my head and she's like how can you buy this, its so expensive... umm.. How?? I smiled and left... again I didn't know how to reacte.... I don't know if its the size I got was the vanity case and people kinda doubting it if its real! OH wellz...:blush:

does anyone else find it hard to say something when they can tell that someone is carrying a fake? my friends always have to keep me from saying anything (not necessarily to the person, but in general:(lol: .

EskimoGirl said:
does anyone else find it hard to say something when they can tell that someone is carrying a fake? my friends always have to keep me from saying anything (not necessarily to the person, but in general:(lol: .

It's usually people who don't know/ don't care about their bag being fake that I see. It would be pointless to say anything, because it's not a status symbol to them, just a handbag. I think people who are rude or arrogant, whether they are carrying an obvious fake or even a genuine designer bag, are really silly. If you're in a combatative mood, though, there would be no more fun than calling some snobbish person's bag a fake, even if it is real. You know they'd go apesh*t about it, which would be all the more amusing for the person making the accusation.

Me, I'd likely say my real bag was fake just so someone would leave me alone about it. But I'm a big weirdo...:innocent:

well, i have a somewhat different experience.

I was carrying my prada messenger bag, when a lady and her 10year-old daughter came up to me and asked where I got my purse. Before I could answer, she prompted, "Costco?" ARGGGHH :sick: I told her at the prada store and left. :doh:

eek.. cosco. that's not very nice.

sadely for me, a few times. only when i carry LV monogram bags. i don't know why, maybe cause there are so many fakes out there :huh:, or prob cause im a college student... :flower: it doesn't bother me though.

Hi I have a quick question... Does the Louis Vuitton brown cherry blossom pochette come with a bow?

seahorse said:
well, i have a somewhat different experience.

I was carrying my prada messenger bag, when a lady and her 10year-old daughter came up to me and asked where I got my purse. Before I could answer, she prompted, "Costco?" ARGGGHH :sick: I told her at the prada store and left. :doh:

Actually Sams (a warehouse store similar to Costco) carries Prada and Fendi. Not the latest styles but they are sold there.

I see fakes all of the time! They are for sale in the stores here. A lot of people have them. I know that they are fake. I would never ask anyone though, or point it out. I actually think that some of the fakes are kind of cute!

had a lady in a vintage store ask me that in line, she like "excuse me, can i ask you something??? whispers* is that reeeeeeaaaal?" and i said "yes it is".....she looked at her husand and was like....."see, its like that one i bought!" apparently she had purchased an Lv and some chanels from some old lady at a garage sale....i told her about this website, and how to tell with the little details, but i fear perhaps what she thought was a super buy may have been fakes anyways.....somehow, because mine was real, she thought that made hers at home real. by all means, i hope they are! what a deal....i thought it was sooo funny because she got all giddy and asked "can i touch it".....it was a lil weird, but i do hope she comes here and enlightens herself....she seemed nice enough

My friend got a spy bag for Christmas, and on New Year's eve, she said a group of women were paying alot of attention to her bag. And she actually heard one of them say aloud that her bag was fake. She felt it was racially motivated, becuase they were all white--and they "just couldnt believe" that she had a real one. But her bag came straight from Neiman Marcus.

I took my new paddy out for the first time and saw my family. My dad asked if he could borrow the padlock to put round the gate at his workplace. :shock: He had better have been joking or i may disown him!

Interesting topic. I love designer bags but cannot afford them because with the exchange rate being what it is here it would cost me a small fortune. However I do own nice, leather no-name bags and people always remark how beautiful they look. Louis Vuitton recently opened a branch here in South Africa and already fakes abound. I have never been tempted to buy fakes until last week when I saw this lady I know carrying a fake Fendi Spy, which looked quite nice. I know it's a fake because she stocks clothes and accosseries from China and sells them here for a profit. She would be shocked to know what the real Fendi Spy costs. My question is should I go ahead and buy the fake Fendi from her? How does it feel to know you are carrying a fake? A lot of people here wouldn't know the difference but I would.

EskimoGirl said:
I see at least 10 fake Coach bags a day, normally the women carrying them are so haughty, Im like ''YOUR BAG IS FAKE." I saw a woman browsing through our store with a fake Dooney tote, I didn't even know people knocked off Dooney, it's not that desireable.

DP_woman said:
My friend got a spy bag for Christmas, and on New Year's eve, she said a group of women were paying alot of attention to her bag. And she actually heard one of them say aloud that her bag was fake. She felt it was racially motivated, becuase they were all white--and they "just couldnt believe" that she had a real one. But her bag came straight from Neiman Marcus
OMG! That is so sick. My sister gets really dirty looks from people when she carries her bags, it's really crazy how people get over a HANDBAG. At Nieman's the SA's know her by first name and still the WASPie women give her dirty looks. That's a little insane when you resent people for having a bag because they are of a different race, and most people say that racism isn't prevalent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->