Has anyone ever asked you if your designer bag was a fake??

^Wait...so girls think that your real bag is a copy of a fake bag? (I haven't read this whole thread, sorry.) If so, that's hilarious and very sad at the same time. :lol: :unsure:

AlexN said:
^Wait...so girls think that your real bag is a copy of a fake bag? (I haven't read this whole thread, sorry.) If so, that's hilarious and very sad at the same time. :lol: :unsure:

Yes, they think so.:lol: But not a copy of any fake bag.. but a copy of a Friis bag (which is a brand that used to make their own stuff but now is apparantly dedicated to making bags "inspired" by designer bags. And - since I live in a country where there are hardly any stores that carries designer bags, most girls haven't seen the real deal, just the Friis copies, and therefore believe them to be original Friis (as Friis amongst many girls is considered a really cool handbag brand (duh, because they stole all their designs from designer bags) :lol:
Like with the Mulberry Roxy, Friis also has a "roxy" and girls all the time come up to my friend who has that bag saying oh is that the Friis bag? (and then give the evil my-friis-bag-is-better-than-your-bag-look because it isn't)
so, yeah.. that's the story!:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
yes. i was on the subway and 2 girls sitting infron of me were openly discussing my balenciaga bag and it's authenticity.... i just stared back at them. people can be so rude! :flower:

^ Ughhh my friend came over yesterday and saw my Balenciaga box and Bbag and was like oh how much is it? I didn't want to go into details so I said ohh it dented my wallet significantly...She said to me, "you know they are only $30 at Aldo right?"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

maraschin0 said:
^ Ughhh my friend came over yesterday and saw my Balenciaga box and Bbag and was like oh how much is it? I didn't want to go into details so I said ohh it dented my wallet significantly...She said to me, "you know they are only $30 at Aldo right?"

My saving grace is no one knows what balenciaga is up here...it's kind of a fishing village on an island. I do get compliments on it, but probably think it's from Wilson's House of Leather. Even then, it's considered high-end. :lol: Although, I did see a horrible bbag fake at Costco...This odd candy green with gold hardware. Sometimes you wonder if they don't realize it's a fake, or know that it is and think others do.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Then you are lucky! There's so many highschool girls here with their $30 Balenciaga knock offs from aldo. Mostly in chocolate brown, pink, or fuschia...

The other day I saw this woman at Lord and Taylors....in her fifties, she was wearing faded jeans, a big hooded sweatshirt and running sneakers....and was carrying a LV bag.......

I was like, even if that's not a fake (I didn't get a good look) at least have some respect for LV by dressing a little better :doh:

The reason why I'm over my Balenciaga is because every other 15-year-old here has a $30 knockoff :yuk:
I bet a case of Coke that they all think that mine is as fake as theirs. :cry:

When I told my mom I was thinking about getting a LV she was like, why don't you just save money and get a fake?

I just about had a heart attack :shock:

I was like, " I'd rather go without a LV than walk around carrying a fake :angry: "

I couldn't live with myself knowing I had a fake:cry:

someone once told me my diesel belt was a fake when i was waiting in line at the pharmacy. I was like "what????" How weird is that?

VainJane said:
I was like, even if that's not a fake (I didn't get a good look) at least have some respect for LV by dressing a little better :doh:

i agree that it's a good idea to dress nicely, mostly out of respect for yourself. but i must admit, there are times, like today when it's rainy, when i just feel like being in sweatpants and a tshirt and still slinging around my purses.

laurence- what did you say? i really can't believe anyone would be so rude as to tell you your belt is fake. i would've said something like, "darling, just because you have no clue what a diesel belt really looks like, doesn't mean you have to try and make me feel bad about owning one."

maraschin0 said:

god...some ppl just don't get it. yeah, a cheap, plastic, ugly, bad smelling fake is only 30 dollars, sure. a beautiful, authentic, delicious-smelling, gorgeous, wonderfully distressed real one is considerably more B)

^ THANK YOU!

Exactly! I would rather die than buy one of those Aldo ones...They are so so weird... Instead of the buckle at the bottom, they put in zippers and tassles. LOL so instead of only tassles on zippers, there are extra tassels on each bottom corner. SOOO ugly, it's like tasselmania... And the pleather is just as sick. Sure, the bag is slouchy, but it just looks like a mess.

Last time I was in Hong Kong, my friend took me to this ladies shop and after looking through an authentic Louis Vuitton Catalogue, I ordered a speedy 40 (great size to take as plane luggage). Needless to say, I parted with $200.00. This bag is perfect, it has been taken to L.V. and authenticated by the L.V. staff. It goes back every six month to the L.V. store for a cleanup! I would never pay more than $500 for a fashion bag.

I have to say the bag was custom made, it took 3 days for me after ordering to get it. This lady used to work for Louis Vuitton! :-)

Recherche77 said:
I have to say the bag was custom made, it took 3 days for me after ordering to get it. This lady used to work for Louis Vuitton! :-)

could you post details as to where? that sounds enticing... thanks.

It has happened to me too, first time was with a cherry blossom LV pochette in pink. The girl not only asked if it was a fake but when I told her it is an original she insisted by asking "Are you sure?", "Where did you get it from?" The other time was not with a bag, but with my Hermes leather belt, again the person kept on insisting. It really feels rude and it makes you feel stupid in a way, cause you have paid for the real thing and noone seems to realise it.

woodstock said:
could you post details as to where? that sounds enticing... thanks.

Sure I will try and find out, I am not familiar with Hong Kong so I will need to ask my friend... I am from Australia, and My girlfriend works in Hong Kong. I don't think you can call and order them.... you have to go there in person, And on some of the leather pieces you actually end of paying around $1000.00. :woot: But it is much better than paying $7000.00!!!

EskimoGirl said:
i agree that it's a good idea to dress nicely, mostly out of respect for yourself. but i must admit, there are times, like today when it's rainy, when i just feel like being in sweatpants and a tshirt and still slinging around my purses.

Me too...I only have good bags,so even if I'm dashing down the road to a corner store in jeans and trainers,or off to the gym in sweats,chances are I'm wearing an authentic designer bag.I almost always dress well when I go out,but sometimes it's just not warranted.

I don't really have anything to prove;I don't care if anyone looks and thinks "must be a fake bag,dressed like that." I know who I am and what I have:lol: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->