Haute Couture Clients

89.- Oceania - Australia - Joe Zhao

B4NjakS.jpg

e7h9xFQ.jpg

00rjXIx.jpg

94.- Europe - Russia - Lolita Osmanova

She got married wearing Zuhair Murad Haute Couture. Lady Gaga performed at her wedding.

dDINQY1.jpg

AOz5FnZ.jpg

zVHptYU.jpg

c6KJb6T.jpg

What has always striked me with Couture clients and that maybe sums up the real « social » aspect of the whole thing is that it doesn’t seems like those women have a personal style. I think what we admire about Les Grandes Dames de la Couture was that they had their own aesthetic. I couldn’t imagine Daphne Guinness in Elie Saab. She can maybe love more classic or eccentric designers but somehow she will find pieces that fits her aesthetic.

Sometimes with a lot of clients, it seems like they are disguises. They are wearing brands and things that will make them acceptable or more serious. And a lot of them doesn’t seems to know their bodies too…

That being said, the Asian women are the top. They wears those pieces with allure. Princess Caroline will remain my favorite Couture client ever but there some good things too (and a lot of bad ones).

Having money and access to things has never been linked to taste. It’s the case in every social categories…
It’s even possible to look tacky in Yohji Yamamoto.

I’ve always wondered what are the prices/price points for Vauthier haute couture and various other haute couture houses. I have an idea on Chanel and Dior (now), but as far as for Valentino under PPP or Dior under Galliano and the smaller couture houses, I have no idea. Do you have some insight ?
One season I was tempted to make the jump for Couture on a Alexandre Vauthier look. It was an amazing blouse, maybe Givenchy inspired and if I remember well the whole look was around 10k.

Today, it’s easier than ever to charge for 10k or more. Clients are richer and somehow are not sensible towards high prices anymore. Today in most of the houses, a simple day look is around 10k. You are treated royally and have the « luxury » experience and you call it day.

The most I’ve spent on a piece of RTW was around 6500€. I’ve still that psychological block of spending more even tho I know in terms of craftsmanship and all it’s fabulous.

But when it comes to HC, it will always be Chanel HC for me and it will definitely be a specific look designed by Karl that I know I can wear again and again and pass it one day. But the thing with choosing an archive look is that you have the temptation to also experience the latest innovations in terms of fabrics. The tweeds from 2001 are different from the ones of 2022 for example…

There’s also the option of buying a vintage HC piece at an auction and have it altered by the petites mains at the house but it’s maybe less personal in terms of experience…

What has always striked me with Couture clients and that maybe sums up the real « social » aspect of the whole thing is that it doesn’t seems like those women have a personal style. I think what we admire about Les Grandes Dames de la Couture was that they had their own aesthetic. I couldn’t imagine Daphne Guinness in Elie Saab. She can maybe love more classic or eccentric designers but somehow she will find pieces that fits her aesthetic.

Sometimes with a lot of clients, it seems like they are disguises. They are wearing brands and things that will make them acceptable or more serious. And a lot of them doesn’t seems to know their bodies too…

That being said, the Asian women are the top. They wears those pieces with allure. Princess Caroline will remain my favorite Couture client ever but there some good things too (and a lot of bad ones).

Having money and access to things has never been linked to taste. It’s the case in every social categories…
It’s even possible to look tacky in Yohji Yamamoto.

One season I was tempted to make the jump for Couture on a Alexandre Vauthier look. It was an amazing blouse, maybe Givenchy inspired and if I remember well the whole look was around 10k.

Today, it’s easier than ever to charge for 10k or more. Clients are richer and somehow are not sensible towards high prices anymore. Today in most of the houses, a simple day look is around 10k. You are treated royally and have the « luxury » experience and you call it day.

The most I’ve spent on a piece of RTW was around 6500€. I’ve still that psychological block of spending more even tho I know in terms of craftsmanship and all it’s fabulous.

But when it comes to HC, it will always be Chanel HC for me and it will definitely be a specific look designed by Karl that I know I can wear again and again and pass it one day. But the thing with choosing an archive look is that you have the temptation to also experience the latest innovations in terms of fabrics. The tweeds from 2001 are different from the ones of 2022 for example…

There’s also the option of buying a vintage HC piece at an auction and have it altered by the petites mains at the house but it’s maybe less personal in terms of experience…

Very interesting ! Thanks for the info, @Lola701 ! Those prices aren’t so bad.

99.- Asia - Kuwait - Fay Al Kharafi

Daughter of businessman Loay Al Kharafi.

She married Shaikh Fahad bin Nasser bin Sabah Al Ahmad, the grandson of the Emir of Kuwait.

For the wedding she wore Christian Dior Haute Couture and for her pre-wedding celebration she wore Chanel Haute Couture.

MWpfNAn.jpg

DQNxLqR.jpg

0DTcIOb.jpg

6dvaVNS.jpg

LmOQWgB.jpg

ksm4bbX.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti