Haute Couture Clients

This thread, btw, continually reminds me of anecdotes like this... from Kurt Vonnegut: "True story, Word of Honor: Joseph Heller, an important and funny writer now dead, and I were at a party given by a billionaire on Shelter Island. I said, “Joe, how does it make you feel to know that our host only yesterday may have made more money than your novel ‘Catch-22’ has earned in its entire history?” And Joe said, “I’ve got something he can never have.” And I said, “What on earth could that be, Joe?” And Joe said, “The knowledge that I’ve got enough.” Not bad! Rest in peace!"

There's something disturbing and stomach churning about seeing couture off the runway and out of magazine pages... on real people! It could keep me up at night if I were willing to dive deeper into why I find it to be this way. Although, I don't feel this way when I look at couture on clients from like... the 1980s and before. Weird.

208.- Europe - Germany - Duchess Marie-Thérèse of Württemberg

She wore Christian Lacroix Spring 1990 Couture.

NvnMZvW.jpg

FfsPTdN.jpg

Credits: instagram.com / icon-icon.com

209.- America - US - Madelaine Brockway LaGrone

She got married wearing a Christian Dior Haute Couture gown.

5KoVUQb.jpeg

eFYU9VU.jpeg

DFuNWmH.jpeg

0rvPJXq.jpeg

5ShVqzE.jpeg

iF16gFM.jpeg

GXbey1s.jpeg

i4e1FOk.jpeg

Credits: instagram.com

210.- America - US - Paula Stroud Brockway

exZp08H.png

OsGHoeD.png

sWc28UH.jpeg

eyApeTD.jpeg

Credits: instagram.com / vogue.com

Its very interesting how they touch on Dior's affiliation with the Nazi's during France's Occupation by making dresses for their wives via Luciean le Long, and it was seen as a huge black mark on his career...

Where as Mr Fertitta and His wife Jill has given over $10Million to the Republican party in 10 years, notably $750,000 to Donald Trump's 2020 Campaign and nobody bats an eyelid.

Its very interesting how they touch on Dior's affiliation with the Nazi's during France's Occupation by making dresses for their wives via Luciean le Long, and it was seen as a huge black mark on his career...

Where as Mr Fertitta and His wife Jill has given over $10Million to the Republican party in 10 years, notably $750,000 to Donald Trump's 2020 Campaign and nobody bats an eyelid.
Chanel, Dior, Hugo Boss etc. - this is the problem when the elite/uber wealthy old money types are your clients for exorbitantly costly couture pieces. Do people honestly believe that amount of amassed wealth, carefully safeguarded throughout generations, is purely (or even largely) the result of good ol’ fashioned hard work and luck? One thing history demonstrates is great fortunes were made at the cost of human life/suffering.

Oh and speaking of blood money, there’s this ~*fashion girly influencer~* popping up on my feed who, despite having no fashion taste and discernible talents to speak of, landed an internship at Dior at the ripe young age of 20. Turns out she’s German nobility, so go figure. Now she runs PR trying to justify her family’s history/wealth because she got too much exposure, and people started looking into her background.

But of course, you can’t strip these people of their precious clothes/prestige/validation in the high fashion microcosm and that problem remains.

Last edited:
210.- America - US - Paula Stroud Brockway

exZp08H.png

OsGHoeD.png

sWc28UH.jpeg

eyApeTD.jpeg

Will admit, she kind of makes this work but I think that just highlights who Virginie's Chanel really flatters or is best suited to.

Helped by the fact that butterfly dress with the white tights looks like an abomination. Just the tights alone with what I think is a lil boot scootin kitten heel is already wrong in of itself.

Chanel, Dior, Hugo Boss etc. - this is the problem when the elite/uber wealthy old money types are your clients for exorbitantly costly couture pieces. Do people honestly believe that amount of amassed wealth, carefully safeguarded throughout generations, is purely (or even largely) the result of good ol’ fashioned hard work and luck? One thing history demonstrates is great fortunes were made at the cost of human life/suffering.
🗣️ did u hear my covert narcissism I disguised as altruism like some kind of congressman

Chanel shud make the pledge to only take money from people who sell weapons to gay black queer voices by 2050

i wonder where these Chanel couture clients are getting their couture fix now? It seems most of them go for the most high fashion looks which are nowhere to be found in the recent shows. Definitely some of them has probably moved on somewhere else, maybe schiaparelli.

Didn't she get that just to wear to the show? Too much embroidery for her budget to buy it
So Dior loaned her the dress? like most celebrities?
Sorry, i didn't know that

211.- America - Brazil - Giovana Bartelle Velloso

Daughter of Pedro Grendene Bartelle, a Brazilian businessman and billionaire. He cofounded Grendene, one of the world's largest sandal manufacturers.

t5Vo7bk.jpeg

Syw7FmT.jpeg

Mvh4Fqz.jpeg

v3i16eV.jpeg

kKRDZUI.jpeg

LaMQySm.jpeg

URrfT0L.jpeg

6T3DQlv.jpeg

Daughter of Pedro Grendene Bartelle, a Brazilian businessman and billionaire. He cofounded Grendene, one of the world's largest sandal manufacturers.

t5Vo7bk.jpeg

Syw7FmT.jpeg

Mvh4Fqz.jpeg

v3i16eV.jpeg

kKRDZUI.jpeg

LaMQySm.jpeg

URrfT0L.jpeg

6T3DQlv.jpeg

I really can’t believe someone paid for this, without any modification!
This is next level lazy and tacky!

I really can’t believe someone paid for this, without any modification!
This is next level lazy and tacky!
If she buys chanel just like us buying Zara, perhaps she doesn't care. the white dress on her is quite lovely.
Regardless, I found it easier for older women to pull of couture looks.
The Dior gown above also looks breathtaking.

t5Vo7bk.jpeg

Syw7FmT.jpeg

Mvh4Fqz.jpeg

v3i16eV.jpeg

kKRDZUI.jpeg

LaMQySm.jpeg

URrfT0L.jpeg

6T3DQlv.jpeg

the elite in Brazil is so fascinating theres no in between you either have somewhat chic, lowkey and extremely cultured ppl like the moreira salles clan (r.i.p elisa gonçalves), the l0taïf heiresses, anyone from the buarque de hollanda family or you have nouveau riche looking old money.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mai hue
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->