Haute Couture Models

Mr-Dale

Unveil Yourself....
Reaction score
There are several models out there who solely or most prominently seem to limit their runwaywork to the haute couture shows. Or they only seem to be popular among the couture houses. They're what you might call the last survivors of the salon models who were nothing but couture models. This thread for their appreaciation and also for the appreciation of those oldschool couture or salon models.

One girl that comes to mind is Anna Chyzh (Next)

00270m.jpg
00060m.jpg

Christian Dior S/S 07 Haute Couture | Valentino S/S 08 Haute Couture

style.com

Another girl is Alexandra Agoston-O'Connor (Next) Although she does do the rtw seasons she never is any big shows except for Dior and Galliao. During the couture week, suddenly all the big guys can't wait to book her:

00390m.jpg
00120m.jpg

Jean Paul Gaultier S/S 08 Haute Couture | Christian Lacroix S/S 06 Haute Couture

style.com

Then there is Agnes Zogla (Next) She has only appeared in Valentino shows and is apparantly one of his most recent muses. She was in his last RTW show, but sadly not in the S/S 08 couture show.

00400m.jpg
00250m.jpg

Valentino S/S 06 Haute Couture | Valentino F/W 06.07 Haute Couture

www.style.com

brilliant thread. Shalom Harlow springs to mind, mindblowing in dior everytime.

Ahh I must've overlooked her! Thanks Spiral...

Here is Anna Chyzh getting some heavy appreciation by Valentino near the end of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yj0I9zkx9M

I didn't know he loved her so much that she is actually 'allowed' to get her picture taken with Valentino, Eva and Claudia :shock:

I've noticed that too Mr. Dale.

Some models who aren't regularly featured in the prominant rtw shows (Chanel, Gucci and Versace), but are usually at Haute courture shows are:

1) Milagros Schmoll: She's always at Jaul Paul Gaultier, she was in the perfume commercial so I think JPG loves her. She's also at Dior Haute Couture.
2) Patricia Schmid : Same as above
3) Lisa Cant is usually at Haute Couture shows for Chanel, and at Chanel Resort, it seems Karl likes her ethereal look.
4) All designers, Haute Couture or otherwise, love having Natasha Poly model their designs.
5) Melody Woodin, again for Dior.

^Yup, they seem to be 'housemodels'...just like Agnes for Valentino. However, I think you are mistaking Milagros for Morgane, because Milagros has never been in a Dior couture show :flower:

I would say Ai Tominaga is gradually becoming strictly a haute couture model, although she does appear in the rare RTW show.

Christian Dior HC S/S 08 and Elie Saab HC F/W 07.08:

00040m.jpg
00180m.jpg

style.com

even though she does some RTW, i would consider Tiiu Kuik a couture girl.

Spring 2007 Couture Elie Saab

00400m.jpg

Spring 2007 Couture Christian Lacroix

00110m.jpg

Spring 2007 Couture Armani Privé

00360m.jpg

style

^Yup, they seem to be 'housemodels'...just like Agnes for Valentino. However, I think you are mistaking Milagros for Morgane, because Milagros has never been in a Dior couture show :flower:

Isn't Morgane Galliano's fitting model? ^_^
She always looks so spectacular in his shows :woot:

Isn't Morgane Galliano's fitting model? ^_^
She always looks so spectacular in his shows :woot:

Yup! One of them :D In one of those vids on Dior.com about the creation of the FW0708 couture collection we see Morgane, Viviane Orth and another girl who I think is Yevgeniya Kedrova as his fitting models. And in the FW 0708 Galliano show video, we see bits of the fitting of that collection and there we see Morgane as well!

Thana kuhnen actually looks like she was made for haute couture especially in the galliano Dior and jpg shows

^ exactly, Thana is awesome, she was born to do haute couture. she looks the best with dramatic make-up and clothes.

well, Magda isn't doing HC only, she walks many RTW shows

Georgina Stojiljkovic, Hanaa ben Abdesslem, Michelle Buswell, Morgane Dubled, Kelli Lumi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonic boom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->