How Do U Wear Cowboy Boots?

robbie

Reaction score
hi all
i'm trying to buy a pair of boot and i'm quite curious if i can suit cowboy boots as well,so any advise / example pictures would be greaaaaaat!!! :wink: hope u guys can help

in the dark

:lol: i kid, i kid

Just be confident when wearing them, if you truly like them just wear them! thats all that matters!

I saw a pair of fabo white with blue birds custom ones in the NYTimes Men's Fashion of the Times. If I had those I would wear them with jeans tucked in, a mantaylor, a little scarf/ascot around the neck (probably an Hermes twilly). I don't think I would wear cowboy boots though, it just isnt my style.

cowboy boots are just one of those fashion items that you really have to have a certain look to pull off...i've seen it done, but if you are the least bit iffy, you might consider another trend

Originally posted by MJCouture@Mar 18th, 2004 - 9:21 pm
I saw a pair of fabo white with blue birds custom ones in the NYTimes Men's Fashion of the Times. If I had those I would wear them with jeans tucked in, a mantaylor, a little scarf/ascot around the neck (probably an Hermes twilly). I don't think I would wear cowboy boots though, it just isnt my style.
ya i was thinking to tuck the jeans into the boot..but just dunno what kind of jeans would be better

and the other problem is i'm quite short after all..lol around 5'7.5,thats the problem .. trying to find some example of wearing that kind of boots to see if i could have a try haha :lol:

i think it's a VERY bad idea...tuck them in?>>>>eeek....i don't know where you live, but being in NYC...i think those things belong in the country or on a ranch...not in an urban setting...

sorry, but that's my honest opinion...i love pretty much every other type of boot, though... :flower:

I own a pair of black cowboy boots, they are super pointy, and they dont have all the crazy ornaments, just plain, kidskin leather, which I loove!.. I wear them with long, lean jeans, that only shows a bit of the pointy toe... and I once wore them with cropped jeans but that was a no no :lol:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Mar 19th, 2004 - 11:57 am
I own a pair of black cowboy boots, they are super pointy, and they dont have all the crazy ornaments, just plain, kidskin leather, which I loove!.. I wear them with long, lean jeans, that only shows a bit of the pointy toe... and I once wore them with cropped jeans but that was a no no :lol:
see, now that sounds much better than tucking... :wink: that actually sounds very sexy...

leave it to ale.... :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 19th, 2004 - 11:50 am
i think it's a VERY bad idea...tuck them in?>>>>eeek....i don't know where you live, but being in NYC...i think those things belong in the country or on a ranch...not in an urban setting...

sorry, but that's my honest opinion...i love pretty much every other type of boot, though... :flower:
er...really?! :doh: i dunno..cause i have never got one before.

i have this idea because i always wear underground boot /iving in HK militarty boot..and i'm living in Hong Kong before so that isnt special to see if someone tuck their jeans into their boot.. / . \''

still couldnt find any pictures >~< :(

By not showing much of it. Really. :smile: :innocent: I don't really like 'em on an urban setting. It's best saved for the ranch or something.

If I had one though, I'd wear a bootcut pant. They just seem to work together. Like this one from an article about Galliano's menswear.

efgall3.jpg

cowboy boots = texas = gw bush = :sick:

none for me, thanks.

of course, you could always wear them "ironically" but as mentioned above, that is a bit tricky to pull off.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Mar 19th, 2004 - 4:19 am
cowboy boots are just one of those fashion items that you really have to have a certain look to pull off...i've seen it done, but if you are the least bit iffy, you might consider another trend
so true!
you gotta be ultra stylish to pull off that look :wink:

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 19th, 2004 - 11:50 am

I have never acutally tried the tucking thing, because I have never actually owned cowboy boots, because I don't think I could pull them off in any capacity. I don't think anyone looks good in them, but I have seen guys wearing them tucked in and they didn't look like they were from north dakota, it was in Chelsea :wink: .

Cowboy boots are not as bad as they used to be considered. I love them....I have a pair of black and pink ones that I bought in TX they are fabulous. I do not wear them tucked in I wear them with a pair of bootcut jeans.

Hum ... you may ask Ty Murray (U.S Nat'l Rodeo Champion) ...or his girlfriend (singer Jewel) may give you a couple of tips (though I'd stay away from the HUGE belt buckles) :lol:

Originally posted by softgrey+Mar 19th, 2004 - 12:00 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Mar 19th, 2004 - 12:00 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro@Mar 19th, 2004 - 11:57 am
see, now that sounds much better than tucking... :wink: that actually sounds very sexy...

leave it to ale.... :flower: [/b][/quote]
One of the few people I can imagine actually pulling it off... :mohawk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->