How do you make your skin smooth and flawless? #3

who makes up stuff like that? it is just crazy.

:lol: the peole who make the lip treatment!
My lips are always better when I don't use anything! If you start using something on them too much they gets use to it so when you stop...hello cracked lips! :blink:

I find that elizabeth arden 8 hour cream is a good quick fix for dry lips.

^ I use the tinted lip treatments from EA (which contain the 8 hour cream) and I love how moisturizing they are.

Sorry.......me again!
Does anyone know the best way of getting rid of red marks left after spots? Mine seem to last months! :S

I am sworn by nuxe crème etincelante.

For dry lip, i am also addicted to nuxe reve de miel.

Yep, i do love nuxe. They're good for me and they smell delish.
Posted via Mobile Device

Enzyme masks/exfoliator and steam together keeps my skin clear and smooth. I also make my own concoction of honey and finely ground soybeans and bamboo grains. A recipe I picked up from an aunt of mine who has fantastic skin at 68.

I can only dream of a flawless skin right now. I've got such a bad skin, I guess it's because of the cold weather that we had here in Europe.

I've got some spots on my chin and some on my cheeks. My skin was never in such a bad condition.

Does anyone have similar problems and what have you done?

^^^ Ugh, same situation. I'm in Canada and winter's cold. It dries my face out so much. I find the patches of dry skin cause more pimples, so in the morning I try and remove the flakey patches with a warm wash cloth. So far I haven't had any more pimples. But my face is still dry. I feel like the only thing that will help is the warmer weather :rolleyes:

My skin is like that as well. Every winter for the past 3 years. This winter I've just given up and only focused on giving my skin enough moisture with Physiogel Creme which seems to somewhat work. At least it's not flaking and spotty! The past couple of days my skin have started to get a bit better since the weather seems to be turning around. Hopefully it will keep going this way!

Last edited by a moderator:
Plese advise me. I have an average skin, not-too anything. A bit reddish, have occasional pimples, a bit dull, not radiant enough, used to be combination skin, but now I started working in a boutique so from the dry air my skin is getting dry. And when you touch it it's not so soft anymore.
I occassionaly take better care of myself, and maybe my sking gets slightly softer, but there is nothing i can do with it being reddish, not radiant and with uneven skin tone. I started thinking that maybe I should start using some sort of serum? But I am only 24 and it seems to me like they all are more for a bit older skin. Idealist from Estee Lauder seems just what I need from the description, but I am not sure if I am not too young for it. The sales assistant of course tell me I am not, but being a sales assistant myself I dont 100% trust them.
So, I would love to hear your advices on what should I chose for my skin or if you think that using a normal serum is not too early for me.
but I really need to do smth, because my skin may look fine, but never perfect

^ I'm 23 and use the Estee Lauder Idealist serum - the pore minimizer one - and swear by it. I wasn't in the market for a serum but when I was at the Estee counter buying a new tube of foundation the sales associate gave me 2 deluxe samples of it and now I can't live without it.

Full disclosure here I would describe it more as a primer serum. Meaning that it makes my skin baby soft because of the silicones and it does wonders for my skin when I use it but haven't noticed any long term effects. Although I've only been using it since the fall so it may take a bit longer to see results.

One other thing I will add is the reason the SA suggested I try it is because I was explaining to her that even though my T-zone is oily, it also can get really dry and I tend to get flaky skin on my nose and forehead - not such a great look with foundation. But the idealist contains chestnut extract which is a miracle worker. My skin never flakes - even in the driest weather.

I would recommend trying it out first. Some people's skin can breakout from silicone based products (mine usually does but not with the idealist). Ask your SA for a couple samples so you can try it out for a few weeks. And I guarantee that you will notice a considerable difference once you stop and will run out to buy the full-size. Or at least that's what happened to me :P.

I stoped using birthcontrol pills and after that my skin is a mess. i get huge pimpless and dont know how to get rid of them! i dont want to start using the pill again. i think i get blemishes because of the hormonal change??? right? does anyone know any help?i am 27 and with pimpled face, not attractive one!

^^ I've heard that fish oils can help balance hormone levels. :smile:

Nita-karoliina, it is likely you can control the hormonal acne by adjusting your diet. Some big contributors can include too much omega-6 oils (actually, too high of a ratio of o-6:o-3), indigestion (due to gluten, fructose, and/or lactose), and/or glycemic load (too many sugars, not enough protein or fat). I suffered from severe cystic acne for 16 years and used birth control to manage it. But 6 months ago I went off birth control, made some drastic changes in my diet, and have absolutely no acne. I suggest doing some research and experimenting, but given my own experience and that of others I've talked to, I believe diet really does have a huge effect on skin.

Evening Primrose oil in capsules + zinc helped me a lot with my hormonal acne :smile:

I think it REALLY depends on the person. I'll share my secrets. I had terrible skin a month ago, and I would always break out persistently. I always misattributed it to cigarettes and alcohol (not implying that you should smoke/drink). But recently I started on the Paleo diet (to sum it up, no carbs or artificial sugars) and my skin has gotten so flawless! I only use a thin layer of foundation now because my face is paler than the rest of my body. My concealer has just been rotting away in my drawer... :D

Kini, can you elaborate on the ratio b/w omega 6 and 3 oils? I've been having skin problems lately and realized I do consume quite a bit of omega 6 foods (avocados, nuts, etc). Thanks, very interesting

Nita-karoliina, it is likely you can control the hormonal acne by adjusting your diet. Some big contributors can include too much omega-6 oils (actually, too high of a ratio of o-6:o-3), indigestion (due to gluten, fructose, and/or lactose), and/or glycemic load (too many sugars, not enough protein or fat). I suffered from severe cystic acne for 16 years and used birth control to manage it. But 6 months ago I went off birth control, made some drastic changes in my diet, and have absolutely no acne. I suggest doing some research and experimenting, but given my own experience and that of others I've talked to, I believe diet really does have a huge effect on skin.

thanks so much for your help! i eat omega-3 capsules every day. so could it really worsen my skin? i am also vegetarian plus i am a poor cook. I think i do eat too much sugars..

How does omega make it worse? :smile:
I'm also a vegetarian and since I started taking omega 3-6-9 my skin has got a lot better!?
I agree it has something to do with a poor diet to, cause when I cut out sugar i don't break out at much.
I'm going to try that Paleo diet thing! :D

thanks so much for your help! i eat omega-3 capsules every day. so could it really worsen my skin? i am also vegetarian plus i am a poor cook. I think i do eat too much sugars..

Eating too much sugar can be a b*itch to your skin. I cut off sugar 2 years ago and when I tried rice cookies with a bit of sugar I got dramatic pimples. After so many years! Try to narrow your diet first and then try to get rid of sugar. One, nasty killer.

Hope your skin gets better :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->