How do you make your skin smooth and flawless? #3

I've been reading online about the ratio since mentioned here, really interesting. I think I've been consuming too much Omega 6 - almonds, other nuts, some processed gluten free foods that are high in oils with omega 6, and not enough Omega 3 sources like fish. I'm going to up my intake of the latter and eliminate the heavy Omega 6 sources for awhile.

Oh no... I think eating meat is a large part of the Paleo diet though - animal fats are actually essential to your "survival" on the Paleolithic diet. I'm not sure how healthy a combination of cutting meat, carbs, and artificial sugars might be for your health. You also have to avoid all soy products... I'm definitely no nutrition expert, but I'd seek one before you think about starting Paleo as a vegetarian. (And also, I know there's no weight talk allowed, but I think I should warn you that this diet also constitutes weight loss - just in case this is something you'd rather not have)

My skin has gotten so flawless though! :wub:

How does omega make it worse? :smile:
I'm also a vegetarian and since I started taking omega 3-6-9 my skin has got a lot better!?....

I don't know the specific mechanism of why it would or wouldn't. It would depend on how one's body assimilates it. Everyone's different.
However, yes, I am one of those people that gets instantaneous eruptions w/ fish oil. Other omega's like flaxseed are not that bad for me. I am, however, not sensitive/allergic to fish. :unsure: Weird.

Plese advise me. I have an average skin, not-too anything. A bit reddish, have occasional pimples, a bit dull, not radiant enough, used to be combination skin, but now I started working in a boutique so from the dry air my skin is getting dry. And when you touch it it's not so soft anymore.
I occassionaly take better care of myself, and maybe my sking gets slightly softer, but there is nothing i can do with it being reddish, not radiant and with uneven skin tone. I started thinking that maybe I should start using some sort of serum? But I am only 24 and it seems to me like they all are more for a bit older skin. Idealist from Estee Lauder seems just what I need from the description, but I am not sure if I am not too young for it. The sales assistant of course tell me I am not, but being a sales assistant myself I dont 100% trust them.
So, I would love to hear your advices on what should I chose for my skin or if you think that using a normal serum is not too early for me.
but I really need to do smth, because my skin may look fine, but never perfect

100% Pure Cold Pressed Sweet Almond Oil has considerably reduced redness on my face. It's approx £2.50 on amazon, so it's not going to be much of a loss for you even if it doesn't work on your skin :smile:

Witch Hazel has been the best thing I've ever incorporated into my regimine. It clears out my pores so intensely I'd assume I was using beta hydroxy acids or something. I use the 100% alcohol free (so it's not drying at all) and keeps my acne at bay.

I also use Emu Oil a lot and it is wonderful. I apply my serums + witch hazel on my face (I pat it on) and then apply a thin layer of Emu Oil on top of it. Emu Oil is one of the few oils that actually sinks super deep into your skin, so whatever is under it, it will take with it on the ride. But yes, it is actually from an Emu so if you're vegetarian/vegan, I'd avoid it.

As for redness, green tea / cucumber is great for keeping redness at bay. I unfortunately don't have a product to recommend since I make my own anti-redness facial spray for day usage (i'd list it, but it isn't easy to put together), but I believe there is a witch hazel out there that is 100% alcohol free that does have cucumber extract in it, it's name just eludes me at the moment.

^ I use witch hazel too and haven't had a blackhead since. I highly recommend it.

I use the Thayers Rose Petal & Witch Hazel toner which is alcohol free and also contains aloe vera. They also have a formulation with cucumber instead of rose petal :flower:. Here's a link to the Thayers site: http://www.thayers.com/store/?main_page=index&cPath=3.

^ That's exactly what I was thinking of. I use the Rose Petal version as well! :flower:

I keep it in a little spray bottle mixed with other extracts and use it during the day. It's a lifesaver!

^ I agree a definite staple in my medicine cabinet :flower:.

Out of curiosity what do you mix it with?

I just ordered that Thayers toner, hope it will work out as good for my skin as it did with yours :smile:

I like to add cucumber extract and green tea extract as a way to help the redness in my face. I mix it together into a spray bottle with a few drops of emu oil mixed in.

I get all my extracts from Garden of Wisdom (google) specifically the Matcha Tea and Cucumber Powder.

I just wanted to give me skin a break from all the meds I've been putting on it. I looked up a natural treatment to soothe skin from picking. Here's the steps:

-Apply a bit of olive oil on your skin and massage it in an upwards motion for 2-3 minutes
-Lay a hot damp towel on your face to cleanse it
-Apply a natural honey mask and leave it on for 15 minutes
-Remove again with a hot damp towel
-Then soak a cotton ball in lemon juice and apply like a toner concentrating on affected areas.

My skin looks amazing and radiant and feels really soothed.:D

I just ordered that Thayers toner, hope it will work out as good for my skin as it did with yours :smile:

I hope it works for you... however I must caution if you are currently suffering from breakouts this isn't going to be a cure-all. Let alone help with your existing acne. But it will help prevent future breakouts along with the use of other acne fighting products :flower:. With all that said its a great staple to include in your beauty routine.

I may just be a unique case but when I use Witch Hazel it seems to help atleast encourage my acne breakouts to subside much quicker. My skin is super reactive so it's not uncommon for a couple times a year for me to mess up my pH level because I'm always trying out new products.

Anyone currently using a straight oil to remove their make-up? I found this product on shen-beauty that uses virgin coconut milk + green tea (yes, my obsession continues) and I'm contemplated to click the checkout button.

^ I often use jojoba oil and coconut oil as makeup-removers. Takes off everything, even stubborn eye-makeup :smile:

I hope it works for you... however I must caution if you are currently suffering from breakouts this isn't going to be a cure-all. Let alone help with your existing acne. But it will help prevent future breakouts along with the use of other acne fighting products :flower:. With all that said its a great staple to include in your beauty routine.

I don't really suffer from acne anymore, just these annoying blackheads on my nose. So I hope it will some-what work for those :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Oops sorry I thought you might be using this for acne. But yes it will do wonders for your blackheads. Just give it some time.

i use children's soap for washing my face every morning and night.
i don't use make-up everyday
i try to use only natural and homemade products like: apple mask, honey tonic and etc.

i am hoping someone can help me!
i have all these, what i am assuming are whiteheads all over my chin. when i squeeze them white stuff pops out (i know i shouldn't but then i get rid of them, although they come back :ninja:). i use a glycolic scrub and cleanser plus the clarisonic, which i thought would elimintae this problem. my diet is pretty good and i drink heaps of water, but theses spots wont go! any ideas?? :flower:

^ I used to have those on my chin as well but when I stopped cleansing with water they went away. At least that worked for me :smile:

Mario Badescu products are the best imo......specifically, drying lotion, buffering lotion, and silver powder. I have pretty good skin but will occasionally get a pimple or two and the buffering lotion is amazing!!

^ I've heard such great things about the Mario Badescu drying lotion. I've personally never used any of his products though.

I use the Olay pro-x acne mask as a spot treatment sometimes and it works pretty great. It has 10% sulfur and can make a blemish disappear overnight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonic boom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->