Hugo Boss Black S/S 2009 : Toni Garrn by Mario Testino

tocceve

Reaction score

scanned by me from Vogue Germany January 2009.

Sorry for the wierd scan, but I was so excited about this.

Thanks for your scan!:flower:
She looks somehow expressionless in the pic. But I like the background!

She is absolutely beautiful but she is without expression on it :(
I hope that on the next shots she gets more beautiful and with a facial expression.

looks like a fake with bad edit (background has nothin` common with a girl)

^ Yeah. Like a runway shot, photoshopped by adding a background :ermm:

As pretty as she is, she kind of looks like a Barbie to me.

Very blank face. Don't like it. If this is a sign of how she's going to look in her ten other campaigns, then we're in for a long winter/spring.

Is it me or does Toni look like she was shot in front of green screen and later photoshoped on top of the back image?

Did they actually use a runway shot? Sure looks like it, you can tell from the arm swaying that she's walking. In that case I don't think we can blame Toni (except for being generally boring). How lazy. :huh:

^^That is most likely the case yes.

I don't think it's a runway shot, the styling is different and it was definitely shot by Mario Testino and I don't think he is photographing at runway shows.

It was probably his idea to take a picture while Toni is walking on that round with the wind in her hair but I have to agree that it didn't really work. I know this is a weak Toni shot but that's the way Hugo Boss ads are and Toni really improved her expressions lately which you can see in Tush and Vogue Italia.

Yeah, I guess. But I don't see the point of artificially creating a typical runway shot, for an ad where she isn't even supposed to be walking (unless she just climbed up that ravine). Is it supposed to look like a sloppy runway-to-advert photoshop job, as some kind of intentional concept, or what?

It's not very appealing either way. And Toni looks like a dead fish, as always.

Also the setup is killing me. This is really just nitpicking, but I can't stand it. Her body pose looks like she's walking and with the wind in her hair I think they tried to show her as walking. But then that railing is immediately behind her, so she couldn't have been walking from that direction. LOL, ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just worried that car might hit her.

^^That is most likely the case yes.

I don't think it's a runway shot, the styling is different and it was definitely shot by Mario Testino and I don't think he is photographing at runway shows.

It was probably his idea to take a picture while Toni is walking on that round with the wind in her hair but I have to agree that it didn't really work. I know this is a weak Toni shot but that's the way Hugo Boss ads are and Toni really improved her expressions lately which you can see in Tush and Vogue Italia.

yes, I'm inclined to think the "dead face" thing is a Hugo Boss issue rather than a model one. I've noticed it for a while now. The house digs Lobotomy chic, I guess :ninja:.

I don't think it is a runway image photoshoped onto a background because then what the hell would be the point of employing Mario Testino's services? Catherine McNeil's last two seasons were dull but her F/W07 ads were flawless and Julia's ads before that weren't lifeless either.

It’s hard being girl most wanted but somehow Toni Garrn manages. First the emotive and sexually charged Bergman themed editorial in Vogue Italia and now the spoils of campaign season. For Boss Hugo Boss, Mario Testino reveals another layer of the Garrn mystique. Looking every bit the Hitchcock blonde Toni struts along a steep mountainside with poise and confidence. The world is hers and it’s only the beginning - stay tuned for 7 more Garrn-centric campaigns this season.

Source: models.com

OMG...!!! 7 freaking campaigns for this girl just because Testino is working on her...Seriously, I dun like her. She keeps taking boring pictures with the conventional 'model' look.

Well, they couldn't have made it look more like a runway shot had they tried. The photoshop effect's far too obvious not to be intentional, but I don't understand it either. What a waste of resources.

But it's Hugo Boss. Whatever. Thanks for scanning, Marcel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->