Hugo Boss Black S/S 2009 : Toni Garrn by Mario Testino

Well...I guessed we have to wait until next pic came out. The first pic always give something to talk about. Either it's good shot or not.

wow, this looks really good.
thanks for posting Marcel

lovely, better than last season :wink: Thanks for posting Marcel :flower:

She's gorgeous but it's a very weak shot, I don't like the photoshopped background...

I'll wait for the others ads but I expected more from Testino+Toni since he said she could be the next Claudia S.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, I'm inclined to think the "dead face" thing is a Hugo Boss issue rather than a model one. I've noticed it for a while now. The house digs Lobotomy chic, I guess :ninja:.
Hahha so true, i dont get it, Toni looks stunning but ya awful expression.

I blame Testino more than Garrn... he has a habit of taking the most beautiful girls and making them look bland and boring

love everything about this ad, the scenery is great & Toni is looking perfectly.

Can't say I love 'everything' about this.....as I can take on board everone's negative comments and see their point. That said I really like it, actually like the background and Toni although looking a little bland looks beautifuly bland and that is kinda her appeal.:D
Boss ads are quite often hit and miss and this falls somwhere in between but more on the positive side.:D
Looking forward to seeing more as the theme may turn out well.B)

I don't think it is a runway image photoshoped onto a background because then what the hell would be the point of employing Mario Testino's services? Catherine McNeil's last two seasons were dull but her F/W07 ads were flawless and Julia's ads before that weren't lifeless either.

Julia's advertisements have not been shot by Testino. Testino only started shooting the mainline, the Black line with Catherine but used to do Hugo by Hugo Boss.
Luca Gadjus was shot by Peter Lindbergh (and one by McDean) and there were some incredible Louise Pedersen ones by Mert and Marcus.

Craig McDean shot S/S 2005 and S/S 2006, S/S 2007 by Mikael Jansson and no idea who shot F/W 2006 with Julia. ^_^

^That's not the point I was trying to make, someone asserted that Hugo Boss loves the blank look but I don't think it does I think it has more to do with Toni because other models shot by different photographers for the brand didn't result in a girl looking lifeless. I wasn't commenting on who the photographer was I was refering to the fact that the ads aren't always this dull. Also that if it was a runway picture it's not like Testino shot it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toni looks so blank and plain. I have seen it numerous times in her print work. :doh: It's just a shame that we will have to see this same blank face in 7 campaigns.

i love Toni to bits...
but i'm not feelin the luv for Testino's shot.
:(

I actually like the retro feel of the background... to me its like the picture on the lid of an old puzzle box and Toni looks like Lady penelope from the Thunderbirds puppets, you know? .. but even though I like the retro -styled art direction, even the lady penelope puppet emotes more than Toni does in this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->