Hunter Wellies

I love how Ashley Olsen wore them...swoon.

ashley_olsen300.jpg

credit: missyclarabelle.blogspot.com

Did anyone buy the polish cream for Hunter wellies? Saw it both on ASOS and Topshop.

I was considering buying it as my boots lost their original polish and no matter how hard I scrub them with water and soap, I can't get rid of white marks.

Aby, I’m in your same situation. My Hunters looked just as glossy as whatever2’s but now have the white marks; I’ve tried with a tires polisher pand they look like new again but only for a couple of days, after that the white dust reappears again…
Has anyone tried the Hunter Boot Buffer? Is it better to remove the white marks than the Hunter UV Tech Boot Polish?

Am I the only one who doesn't fit into Hunter's boot ???

Am really ashamed to say that but I've been waiting those boots since a long time now and I went to try them the other day and my legs are too fat to fit in them !! I'm a size 4 for Christ sakes :blink:

You think I just got a bad batch or other than myself are in this situation ?

Not Hunters, but other boots which are quite similar to hunters:

(trendycrew, whatisjameswearing, thesartorialist)

The third guy looks as though he is wearing Marc Jacobs rain boots.

I'm wearing my brown Hunter wellies with Hunter fleece socks right now!
These new fleece socks are so warm and comfortable!

I have the wellington boots in high gloss black, and for a couple of weeks they looked like this:

glossblackhunterwellies.jpg

garden4less.com

But now they look more like this:

hunter20before20and20af.jpg

forum.purseblog.com

My question is: I'm planning to buy the carnaby model (as in the picture below), but is it just as easy to get white marks on that model? Anyone who owns a pair of those that could tell me?

huntercarnabyboawellies.jpg

garden4less.com

Try Loeffler Randall's Back Zip Rain Boot.

They're amazing, chic, and not bulky at all --a problem I had with Hunters.

x

Im dying for a pair of lace up ones but cannot find them anywhere

I have the wellington boots in high gloss black, and for a couple of weeks they looked like this:

garden4less.com

But now they look more like this:

forum.purseblog.com

My question is: I'm planning to buy the carnaby model (as in the picture below), but is it just as easy to get white marks on that model? Anyone who owns a pair of those that could tell me?

garden4less.com

The white marks are actually wax from within the boot, so they'll all get them. You can buy a special spray or sponge polish from Hunter that will get rid of them, but a normal silicone based shoe polish will sort them out just as well.

29e5439642.png

I just bought the Original in black
(not glossy)
hunter-boot.com

^I Bought those last week aswell for a trip to dorset on monday, with the weather as it is in the UK i've worn them most of this week, they are extremely comfortable and warm and so worth the money.

How do they run?
I am looking at getting a pair of the tall, original in black (not glossy) - normally a UK 3 - 3.5, should I get them in UK 4 so they are comfortable with thicker tights/socks?
Thanks! :smile:

^I got my normal size 11 and there was more than enough room for thick socks, infact i wore them with 3 pairs of thick socks, so i would probably go for your normal size.

This morning I found the following pictures at thefashionisto.com:
Salieu Jalloh, Henry Watkins & Ambrose Carter by Benny Horne in Thom Browne for Wonderland

Attachments

• thombrowne-wonderland2.jpg
    thombrowne-wonderland2.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 3
  • thombrowne-wonderland3.jpg
    thombrowne-wonderland3.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 3
  • thombrowne-wonderland4.jpg
    thombrowne-wonderland4.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 0
I've been lusting after the Original Gloss pair in Graphite, even though I think beige looks better and would be better for the Spring rainy days. I really wish I could justify paying so much for a rain boot.

I can not get over how much I love my hunters!! I just have a pair in plain black but they are honestly the best money I've ever spent!

Ah, Hunters are the best of the best! I've been wearing them for as long as I can remember, having grown up in the countryside, and my parents and grandparents have always donned a pair of Hunters. I currently have three pairs, all in the classic shades of green, navy and black. I wear the green pair the most... though to be honest I get a good amount of wear out of all of them; I wear them every day, I'd say, for everything from mucking out the horses to walking the dog to going shooting. For the latter they really are brilliant, in my opinion, even though many people seem to opt for Le Chameau (which are very comfortable but, nevertheless, I will stand by my Hunters!).

I would like to get a pair of red or silver Hunters at some point, but then again I feel like the colour would be wasted on me; wellies, for me, are a necessity rather than a fashion statement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
us4848
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->