Hunter Wellies

My question is: I'm planning to buy the carnaby model (as in the picture below), but is it just as easy to get white marks on that model? Anyone who owns a pair of those that could tell me?

When I got mine they already had those marks :ninja:

has anyone seen the silver wellies? every site i check only has size 5 or 6

I honestly prefer the original version over the Jimmy Choo one. I think the 'raw and unpolished' look is what makes them good!

I am moving to the UK in a few days and due to the wet weather I don't know if I should buy a pair of this boots.
What do you think about dark olive Hunter for men?
Maybe "too much"?

^If you know you'll be spending loads of time outside/in the country or whatever then I'd say go for it. I've never lived in the UK but I've spent a lot of time visiting family and I've always wished that I had a pair when visiting the fam. We once went to a concert which ended up being in the rain and I really regretted having to borrow my aunties wellies which were a size too big. So I know that if (more like when) I move to the UK I'll certainly be buying a pair. And personally, I like the olive Hunters on both men and women. To me they are a classic. :smile:

I'm wondering if a pair of tall black (regular not glossy) could be worn as a winter boot instead of just a rain boot. Obviously when the weather gets bad (snowing and such) it would be deemed appropriate but what about on those chilly fall days with no perception? Would that be weird?

she got my first pair. love them because they don´t look too much like wellies.

image4xl.jpg
asos.com

They are beautiful lifesavers that have been through many a hellish torrential downpour with me.

Have em' in black.

I grew up in the English countryside so, when I go home, Hunters are an essential in either classic green or navy. The general consensus in the countryside is that the only acceptable Hunter colours are black, green and navy. Red, maybe, for the summer! I hate the coloured Hunters and the Jimmy Choo line... not appropriate for country wear! People need to stop trying to make wellingtons more 'fashionable' – it's not possible!

I do think Hunters are a bit overrated, though. Le Chameau's boots are much more cosy... great quality and rather understated.

I have a pair of the graphite glossy ones - very practical when it rains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->