Isabel Marant

misschaoura

Reaction score
She's not exactly a star...but I think Isabel deserves a thread that focuses on her own perfectly relaxed personal style (rather than her designs that can only be described as the epicenter of French cool girl fashion). She always has a very distinctive bohemian chic vibe about her with simple hair, clean make-up free face and beautiful separates...
I love her!

marant1.jpg

main-1.gif
imarant.jpg

source: uk.ykone.com/designers/bio/isabel-marant

Last edited by a moderator:
britvogue-1.jpg

britvogue2.jpg

source: metiersf.blogspot.com

spring summer 2010 backstage Isabel Marant with a list of models including Natasha Poly, Carmen Kass, Sasha Pivovarova and Isabeli Fontana

DSC_01232.jpg

mai.gif

tumblr_kuf4ispUJw1qapa1lo1_500.jpg

marant.jpg

source: fashionsoundart.com

Cool thread:D, Id never seen a pic of her before, she wears her own designs very well, great style, I want all her clothes:heart:

i like that doesnt wear makeup all the time. she seems unpretentious.

New York store opening dinner party for Isabel Marant

An elated Isabel Marant toasted the opening of her North American flagship store with a dinner at Kenmare that went very, very late and involved more than the requisite number of smoke breaks. "People kept on telling me, Oh we are waiting for you, we are waiting for you, but I didn’t realize how much people were waiting for the shop opening until I was here,” explained the designer. She smiled and added, “Coming my from my little Paris, I am so touched!”

2-1.jpg

original1.jpg

isabel-marant-dinner01.jpg

isabel-marant-dinner13.jpg

original.jpg

10_6340689499993710232232753_19_ape.jpg

source: http://www.dailyfrontrow.com/scene/article/new-york-or-bust

^what a lovely couple!:blush: and thank you for all the pics you're posting :flower:

Isabel Marant takes elle team on an antiquing adventure in Paris

The sudden influx of effortlessly-chic women appearing on our shores isn't just the result of Europeans taking advantage of the weak dollar. Isabel Marant, the quintessentially Parisian designer who has outfitted It Girls from Lou Doillon to Rachel Bilson, can also be credited for elevating Stateside style with her elegant-but-edgy pieces. Marant took ELLE.com on a tour of Paris, showing us her favorite neighborhoods, discussing her style icons, and explaining why every well-dressed woman should own a travel dictionary.
Slide-001.jpg

Marant, who got her start designing basics for herself and friends while she was still a teen, has barely changed her aesthetic; "For me, the most important thing is more about the attitude and having a kind of elegance that is natural."
Slide-002.jpg

Being dubbed the designer for chic Parisian women isn't something that Marant dismisses. "People often speak about me as being the representative of the French girl on the street," explains Marant. "It's true that my aim was to dress up everyday girls who want to feel pretty, but don't want to feel overly sexy or over-dressed—a girl who's a bit casual, cozy chic."
Slide-003.jpg

For her spring 2008 collection, Marant found inspiration in the loose and carefree looks favored by hippies from a bygone era, creating modern pieces that are as elegant as they are relaxed. "The '60s Boho people were symbols of freedom. That really belongs to my style."
Slide-004.jpg

Marant's laid back-chic style isn't limited to just the French; the designer points to Kirsten Dunst as one of her favorite A-List clients. "She's a very Isabel Marant girl in her way of thinking and behaving. I hope she brings back my style and spreads it around the US."
Slide-005.jpg

Marant, who speaks six languages and has visited a handful of countries, also frequently finds inspiration in her travels. "I've got some really strong clothes that I really love from foreign cultures. If there were a theme, it would be Sahara, nomads in the desert—a mix of the military-safari style with ethnic things."
Slide-006.jpg

Like any upstanding French citizen, Marant can't help but philosophize on fashion and the state of consumerism today. "When I start on a collection, I ask myself a lot of questions. I get very philosophic. I'm against consumption so doing my job—which is about fashion—is always a bit hard for me," explains Marant.
Slide-007.jpg

Although she now has three boutiques in Paris, Marant hasn't outgrown her family. Her husband, handbag designer Jerome Dreyfuss, just opened his first store in Paris next door to one of her storefronts. "We eat and sit together. It's very cute," says Marant, before joking, "But now I'm not going to sell any bags. I have to sue him!"
Slide-008.jpg

Although she calls Paris home, Marant's upbringing was far more global; the designer has a German mother, a French father, and a Caribbean stepmother. This combination could be the reason why the designer is constantly fighting wanderlust—“I always like the look of people in movement," she says.
Slide-009.jpg

Marant, whose designs are carried by just a handful of boutiques in the US, sees a marked difference between the way American and French women dress, but believes that change is underway. "For girls all over the world, there is the realization and interpretation of all cultures," explains Marant. "I think there's a kind of uniformity that is coming up more and more because we're all sharing the same images; It's like this in China, Japan, Germany, and England."
Slide-010.jpg

Marant's advice to fellow explorers? Bring a dictionary. "Each time I travel in a country, I carry a lesson book on the language. I hate not being able to have tiny conversations in the country, because then you're missing out."
Slide-011.jpg

That Marant cites mid-century furniture designer Charlotte Perriand as one of her icons is no surprise, considering that both share an interest in creating beautiful—but utilitarian—design. "[Her designs] were the simplest things but very efficient, and that's what I really like," Marant says.
Slide-012.jpg

“I think Paris is still a beautiful city," effuses Marant. "I live in a very typical area of Paris called Belleville—it’s the most mixed area of Paris. You really feel like there are people living here." Marant also loves the St. Germain area, where she has a boutique. "There's an eclectic mix of people and a relaxed attitude. The tiny streets are beautiful—I hate areas where there are only shops or only banks."
Slide-014.jpg

As for the future, Marant can't see herself designing clothing forever. "I've always had a space in my head for retiring from fashion—I won't for the next 10 years, but I have crazy and precise ideas of things to do." But Marant is keeping mum on her future projects: "I can't speak about them because someone will take my idea!"

source: http://www.elle.com/Life-Love/Travel/Style-Scout-Isabel-Marant

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->