James Marsden

I saw him in Enchanted tonight, and McDreamy really couldn't hold a candle to him in the looks department, at least for me. I came to the realization that James Marsden may well be the best looking man in Hollywood right now. :brows:

Aww I maybe have to go see Enchanted now.... I like goofy James :heart:

He was so adorable and hilarious in Enchanted! Who knew it was possible for Amy Adams to be more annoying than she was in Catch Me if You Can!

omg i love those! thanks kochie :D is there an interview that goes along with it??

^i hope there is more in the actual issue, but this is all i could find from the website

Clean Start

Actor James Marsden demonstrates how to achieve spring's unfettered lookBy Katherine Kingsley; Photographs by Peggy Sirota

JAMES MARSDEN (FINALLY) GETS THE GIRL With bone structure like this, James Marsden is the kind of actor you expect to get the girl. But he doesn’t. Ever. As Cyclops in X-Men, he was overshadowed by Wolverine. In The Notebook, Rachel McAdams chose Ryan Gosling. In Superman Returns, he’s engaged to Lois Lane, and yet she still had a kid with Superman! But in this month’s 27 Dresses, Marsden plays opposite Knocked Up’s Katherine Heigl, and (spoiler alert) he finally comes out on top.

Most actors would find this beta-male career maddening. (There’s no big-screen Cyclops spin-off planned.) But Marsden actually considers himself lucky. Not only does he get to play the sorta weird, goofy character bits actors crave, but his performances also allow him to wink and nudge at our expectations. The Oklahoma native has been popping up in diverse and unexpected roles of late (see Hairspray). Perhaps it’s because, at age 34, he’s finally grown into his looks. The wrinkles about the eyes, the well-placed creases here and there—the man has weathered well, from a soap opera pinup with a high-definition smile to a handsome but believable dude.

Marsden expects to remain the prettiest character actor in the room, despite getting the girl in Dresses. And that’s just fine by him. “I’ve been up-and-coming for fifteen years now,” he says. “And to tell you the truth, it’s the perfect place to be.” It certainly makes fatherhood easier (he’s married with two kids). “I can still walk into the grocery store and most people don’t even blink an eye. If I can manage to still be up-and-coming when I’m 80 years old, then I’ll know I’ve had the ultimate career.”

TNT/TBS Broadcasts The 14th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards - Red Carpet
wireimage

thanks! i just saw '27 dresses' last night and oh my god! how can anyone not be in love with him!

He was super cute in 27 Dresses, but it was a bad bad movie....
he looks gorgeous at the sag awards :heart:

I searched to see if this gorgeous, talented, young lad had his own thread. Shock and dismay, he does not! His most notable works include X-Men, Superman Returns, Hairspray, and his most recent film; 27 Dresses. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->