Jean-Paul Gaultier : Pre-2000

mid-late 80s gaultier inside out blazer

001a.jpg

001b.jpg

photos mine

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread. I was a big fan in the 80's and have tons of pieces and images from that period. I will be posting old campaigns and editorials once I get them scanned. Keep a look out. Here is a teaser for now.
ed973df2.jpg

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread. I was a big fan in the 80's and have tons of pieces and images from that period. I will be posting old campaigns and editorials once I get them scanned. Keep a look out. Here is a teaser for now.

wow thanks! :woot:

i just realized more could be found here....3 to 5 pics(every pic contains 3-7 looks) per show...just go to screnncap.....!

btw,this magazine started in 1996

is there any documentation of what martin margiela actually did during his stint at gaultier in the 80s? did he design or co-design any of the lines?

for those who don't know/haven't seen it, costumes in the fifth element (1997) were designed by gaultier. he produced an astonishing 954 costumes for this film, which takes place mostly in 23rd-century NYC.

fifth_element_03.jpg

moesrealm.com

115759__fifth_l.jpg

timeinc.net

the_fifth_element_large_03.jpg

sciflicks.com

vlcsnap-1006198.png

ourownocean.wordpress.com

Last edited by a moderator:
gaultier s/s 1996 "body map" blouse. bodysuit from this collection shown in the kyoto costume institute book p618

jpgb.jpg

pic by me

Courtesy of martinel in the John Galliano/London Pd thread: album featuring his SS92 collection (this runway collection looks like it would've been a fun show to attend...love the trome l'oeil mens coat w/ the image of a mans' backside on the actual backside of the coat)

http://album.mrose.nl/thumbnails.php?album=5

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->