Jimmy Choo Fragrance : Tamara Mellon by Inez & Vinoodh

Chanelcouture09

Some Like It Hot
Reaction score
TAMARA MELLON is the star of Jimmy Choo's first fragrance campaign, photographed by renowned fashion photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.
"We wanted something that reflected what was in the bottle, something empowering but also sensual and soft," Mellon tells WWD. "Fragrance is something that's very personal."
The scent, named Jimmy Choo, will be available exclusively at Saks Fifth Avenue from January 15.

*Vogue.co.uk

so.... a Jimmy Choo ad which doesn't show ANY shoe or handbag? i know it's for a perfume, but showcasing what Jimmy Choo is most famous for wouldn't hurt, would it?

interesting the fragrance bottle looks just like the dress~

It's not what I would expect of a Jimmy Choo fragrance campaign... it doesn't even have much of the spirit of Tamara herself. From seeing the editorial features that she's done, I expected something with a little more edge (even if it's what some would consider an expensively vulgar one). Instead we get wood panelling, and a bottle that looks like V&R's Flowerbomb.

Tamara-Mellon-NYC-apt-Bazaar.jpg

hookedonhouses.net

My mind can't help but think that it's gonna smell like feet. :lol:

^ Hahaha!! Wth!!

Hmmm... kinda interested in testing out the perfume, though. The ad is mediocre. It shows nothing about the perfume or the brand.

love this ad and it's even better we don't get to see her face in it :wink:

i actually like the ad & really think this is a major move into the next phase of jimmy choo transitioning to a lifestyle luxury brand. the image is more neck than i would've liked but it gets your attention. hopefully there are more images to this set, instead of this one shot.

My mind can't help but think that it's gonna smell like feet. :lol:

A perfume that smells of shoe leather and women's feet would probably become an erotic classic for some people.

^ LOL! :lol:

Now, regarding the ad, it's quite sensual! I expected more from Jimmy Choo but i don't hate it. The bottle is horrible though!

It's all quite phallic.

saw a pic in Vogue Paris in which she exposes one boob. same pose and everything, just with a single boob out. talking about weird...

I wonder if this campaign will run now that Tamara is out at Jimmy Choo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->