r924710279.jpg

r2997178155.jpg

photos: REUTERS/Charles Platiau

and honey... dont forget your :rolleyes: uggs :sick:

Attachments

• galliano_homme_.jpg
    galliano_homme_.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 86
Oh my god :shock: How horridly atrocious. What exactly are we supposed to be looking at. Of the little the models were wearing, it looks like they went through a garbage disposer.

this collection is a lot more in your face than i thought. this is definitely john's aesthetic and just a little more raunchy than dsquared. i would never ask anyone to wear it, but there is a definite audience for these kind of clothes. :o

Originally posted by mikeijames@Jan 24th, 2004 - 7:52 am
this collection is a lot more in your face than i thought. this is definitely john's aesthetic and just a little more raunchy than dsquared. i would never ask anyone to wear it, but there is a definite audience for these kind of clothes. :o
and I am not the audience! :lol: Blech! :blink:

Originally posted by Lena@Jan 24th, 2004 - 9:28 am
and honey... dont forget your :rolleyes: uggs :sick:
i am rolling over!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :rolleyes: :bounce: :rofl: :hardhead:
pls john , come back from your trip

*EARTH CALLING JOHN* :innocent:

but there is a definite audience for these kind of clothes

I like it! I'd wear it...apart from the suspenders and walking around in underwear part...I think that John Galliano once said that fashion had to be a balance between chic and wild - walking around in your undies is just too wild...

Originally posted by nqth@Jan 24th, 2004 - 8:43 am
There is a long art. on Galliano's collection

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/main.jh...3%2Fefgal23.xml
Lena, thanks for the pics and nqth, thanks for the link to this article. I love reading what John has to say about his own work.

Here's the photo from that article. The seeming (ok, ultra-apparent) difference between runway and what's for sale is so Galliano. Off the rack, the clothes are "ready" as is or they provide a point of departure for style that's without limit.

Attachments

• hn.jpg
    hn.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 107
Originally posted by Atelier@Jan 24th, 2004 - 8:53 am

Here's the photo from that article. The seeming (ok, ultra-apparent) difference between runway and what's for sale is so Galliano. Off the rack, the clothes are "ready" as is or they provide a point of departure for style that's without limit.

I also think that the clothes could be worn "normally" :-), without the raunchy runway look. Nice prints, t-shirts and jeans, those are the most "ready to wear":-) Discreet lacing is still not for me, tho.

The clothes are par for the course .
Galliano has form , but I prefer that of his stablemate , Hedi Slimane .

Still , to each his own , as they say ! :blink:

KIT :innocent:

Long live Hedi... classic is so much more appealing to me than this. I do, however, like the cut of the jeans in the fitting pic. Off the rack, it looks nothing like this (Jeffrey has it) fortunately.
Pete

that bag in the last picture is gorgeous, and so are the pants in the third picture...

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 24th, 2004 - 8:44 am
but there is a definite audience for these kind of clothes

I like it! I'd wear it...apart from the suspenders and walking around in underwear part...I think that John Galliano once said that fashion had to be a balance between chic and wild - walking around in your undies is just too wild...
I could wear some stuff also...not in that way... I could surely wear this.

r2997178155.jpg

And OMG is that guy trying to pop out something out of his undies :brows:... I would wear that underwear as outerwear with no problem :ninja:

more Galliano

Attachments

• 00050f.jpg
    00050f.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 68
is it just me, or does john look a horrifyingly lot like JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE here?

efgall1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericqn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->