Jude Law to be a father again

And further details from the same site:

Revealed: The unknown actress who is mother of Jude Law's child, proudly poses with her baby bump

31st July 2009

Her hands tenderly clasping her blooming baby bump, model and aspiring actress Samantha Burke reveals her pregnancy by actor Jude Law to the world.

The 24-year-old brunette from Florida, who is rumoured to be from a wealthy family, is expecting a daughter. She is said to be planning to call the child Sophia. The seven months pregnant mother of Jude Law's soon to be fourth child was unveiled in a world exclusive on website TMZ.

Mss Burke had a brief fling with Law last Christmas during the filming of the new Guy Ritchie movie, Sherlock Holmes.

Her lawyers have confirmed that the 36-year-old actor, who has three children with ex-wife Sadie Frost, is the father of the model's unborn baby. In a statement, Law has pledged to 'fully support' his new offspring however the actress's family are said to be horrified, and have instructed their lawyer to prepare an action to ensure mother and baby are looked after financially for the rest of their lives.

Jude said in statement yesterday: 'Mr Law is no longer in a relationship with the individual concerned but he intends to be a fully supportive part of the child’s life. This is an entirely private matter and no other statements will be made.'

Ms Burke was unable to phone the actor directly to tell him of her pregnancy - because the mobile phone number he had given her was disconnected. Instead she was forced to contact him through his publicity office to break the news, reported website RadarOnline.com.

TMZ has claimed a DNA test proved that Jude is the father of the child which is due on October 6. A statement on the website, from her lawyers, read: 'Ms Burke can confirm that she did in fact have a relationship with Mr Law and that she has informed Mr Law that she is expecting his child later this Fall. Since informing Mr Law of the pregnancy, he has been nothing but responsive and supportive of Ms Burke and the pregnancy.'

However, today a source told The Sun: 'There is a high-powered lawyer in the girl's family who is getting involved and Jude is terrified he will be financially cleaned out. Her family are also furious and upset that Jude has had his way and disappeared back into Britain with no further contact.'

The newspaper also claimed that Miss Burke wants a 'large maintenance payment and total financial costs, including a percentage of Jude's future earnings, to be agreed in writing'.

On website modelmayhem.com, 5ft 10in Burke revealed to friends she is pregnant with a baby girl. She wrote: 'Hello there! Well my name is Samantha, obviously. I am passionate about fashion and photography, but of course I just love to be in front of the camera. I've been modelling locally for about eight years now and do not want to give it up!

'I would love to go full-time eventually. I worked in New York City this past summer of 07' and I'm now across the river in Jersey City. I attended acting classes at the New York Studio for Film & Television. It was a commercial and soap opera based course. I loved it! I wouldn't mind modelling AND acting.'

And on a friend's profile page, she wrote: 'My tummy is growing! October is when I am due so maybe you'll get to meet the little girly.'

Miss Burke says she has appeared in Sports Illustrated, Bella Magazine and an advert for a sunglasses company. She is said to have suggested moving to London so that the new baby will have contact with his father and half-brothers and sisters on a regular basis.

But Law has reassured his ex-wife Sadie Frost that the new baby will not affect his relationship with their children. Jude has remained close to Sadie, and still holidays with her and their three children Rafferty, 12, Iris, eight, and six-year-old Rudy.

He has told his family, and Sadie is planning to take them on holiday to the Mediterranean to get over the shock. A family friend said: 'It was a surprise. I think Jude has already discussed and agreed child support probably running into tens of thousands of pounds.'

The pregnancy is the latest controversy to hit the star’s personal life. His six year-marriage to Miss Frost, 44, was dogged by rumours of wife-swapping. He then embarked on a relationship with actress Sienna Miller before his divorce to Frost was finalised. The couple were engaged but broke up when it was revealed Law had had an affair with his children’s nanny Daisy Wright.

Following his split from Miller in November 2005, Law has been linked to a number of women including model Lily Cole, journalist Kim Hersov, German underwear model Susan Hoecke and socialite Kimberley Stewart. Law is currently starring in the title role in the Donmar West End's production of Hamlet. The show will go to Broadway this autumn.

he only just got informed? darn. what a thing to wake up to.

and wait, wait what? what is this Lily Cole i see tagged at the end of that article! :angry:

sigh, Jude and Sadie will always remain my favourite out of all Jude's relationships. After Sadie everything went topsy-turvey. The curse of the Sienna Miller hit (case in point - Bartholemew Getty), he started losing hair, he became one big sordid media circus...etc.

oh well. good luck for all concerned.

And more - the bit about his hair is hilarious (dailymail.co.uk:(

We had to read Jude Law the riot act: How Samantha Burke's family told him to face up to his responsibilities

02nd August 2009

The grandmother of the young model expecting Jude Law’s lovechild last night expressed her disgust at the actor’s behaviour and revealed that Samantha Burke’s angry father had called the Hollywood star to ‘read him the riot act’.

In an exclusive interview from her home in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Delores Burke said: ‘To say this family is mad at that man is an understatement. He has behaved as less than a gentleman. Samantha is a lovely girl but she is only 24 years old. At that age, you think you are a grown-up but you are still very young. He is old enough to know better. My son Denis is hopping mad. He feels that Jude Law took advantage of his little girl. He rang him up but could never get through on the number Jude gave Samantha. He kept leaving messages. In the end, some lawyer called up and then Denis did get to talk to Jude and read him the riot act. I think that’s what made him step up to the plate and promise to look after this baby. Denis is as mad as hell and wants him to be a man about this.’

It was revealed last week that the actor is expecting a child with Ms Burke – it will be his fourth – after they had a brief fling in New York last December during the filming of his latest movie, Sherlock Holmes. The baby, a girl already named Sophia, is due on October 6 and Jude was quick to state that he ‘intends to be a fully supportive part of the child’s life’.

Quite how he plans to do this when based in London and leading the peripatetic life of an actor remains to be seen. And while his representatives are keen to portray Jude as a man of honour who is prepared to face up to his responsibilities, Samantha’s grandmother paints a very different picture. As far as she is concerned, the 36-year-old star has shown nothing but contempt for her granddaughter, casting her aside without a second thought.

An 80-year-old widow and mother of 11 children – eight boys and three girls – Delores had never heard of Jude Law until his involvement with Samantha, a pretty brunette who supported her modelling career by working as a nanny. She said: ‘I’d not seen any of his films but of course some of my grandkids have shown me him on the television now and he’s a good-looking man. But he is a man who I believe took advantage of a young, innocent and silly girl.’

She added: ‘Samantha came here to see me about a month ago. She said she was only with him a couple of weeks. Samantha was living in New York working as a model and doing babysitting part-time to make extra money. She loves children. He was working there over Christmas and they met through mutual friends. She said that afterwards he ran back to England and basically dumped her. He doesn’t sound much of a man.

‘Then she found out she was pregnant. What I want to know is how a girl gets pregnant in this day and age? Yes, it takes two people but he is the older and wiser man and he should have made sure nothing like this happened. I’m mad at him, we all are. He has other children. Didn’t he think about how his actions would affect them? Samantha is a young girl and she’s upset. I think she hoped Jude would be more in the picture. But he’s just dumped her cold. She hasn’t heard from him at all.

‘There is no question that he is the father. She told me there will be DNA tests when the baby is born but the child is definitely his. Samantha is a good kid. She’s beautiful and was trying to make it in the big city. Now she’s gone home to her mother, Lea, in Florida. My son is furious. Of course we are a close family and we have all rallied around and we will stick by Samantha and help her raise this child.’

Across the Atlantic, in North London, the impact of the news has been devastating, too. As part of the infamous Primrose Hill set, Jude is no stranger to controversy. He and his ex-wife, Sadie Frost, 44, were caught up in a ‘wife-swapping’ scandal with their musician friends, Danny Goffey and Pearl Lowe, while his torrid relationship with Sienna Miller was torn apart after he had an affair with his children’s nanny. As a result, the actor has made a concerted effort to clean up his image which only makes this latest indiscretion all the more embarrassing. It has also served to highlight the increasingly tawdry nature of his private life.

He has three children with Sadie – Rafferty, 12, Iris, eight, and six-year-old Rudy. Although the couple divorced six years ago, they are still great friends and, according to a source, it was to Sadie that Jude turned when he first heard the news from his lawyer via a late-night telephone call. The friend said: ‘He immediately went round to Sadie’s house where he promptly burst into tears. He told Sadie that he only slept with her once after a drunken party and never had any contact with her afterwards. Sadie has promised to be supportive but she is angry on several levels. Her response was to call him an idiot. Firstly, she has been nursing hopes of a reunion. They go on holidays together and speak pretty much every day. And she is always the person he turns to in a crisis. Secondly, this affects her kids. This will be their half-sister. Thirdly, Sadie is about to go into a West End show and she wants to put that whole bed-hopping image behind her. This just drags it all up again.

‘Right now, Sadie’s packing the cases for the kids and herself as they’re going away on a three-week summer holiday to Ibiza. She’s told everyone she doesn’t even want to think about it until she gets back. It’s been a very busy year and she doesn’t want this to ruin her holiday.’

In reality, however, the news will affect not just the holiday but the rest of all of their lives. Nor can it help Jude’s professional reputation. The actor earned Oscar nominations for his roles in the 1999 thriller The Talented Mr Ripley and 2003 drama Cold Mountain yet has never quite made it on to the Hollywood A-list. As a result, he has had to work hard to keep his career on track. He is currently playing Hamlet in the West End and is about to move with the production to Broadway in October. That same month will see the opening of his latest film, The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus, starring the late Heath Ledger, while Sherlock Holmes – in which he plays Dr Watson – is expected to be released on Boxing Day.

Yet all this could be undone as Jude’s name is once again in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons. The source said: ‘Jude is in complete meltdown because he thinks this is massively going to impact on his career . . . and speed up his hair-loss which he’s maniacally anxious about. In Hollywood, he’s dropped from aspirant A-lister to B-lister and he’s very worried about losing his looks – and hair, which he believes is directly as a result of stress.’

There has also been private, as well as public, humiliation. The friend said: ‘The Primrose Hill set were surprised but not shocked that Jude has been caught out. And, to be honest, they’re all pretty thrilled and delighted by his latest humiliation. He is not popular with Sadie’s best friends Kate Moss and Fran Cutler because he cut them all out after the scandal about Jude and Sadie “wife-swapping” with their friends Danny Goffey and Pearl Lowe. He blamed it all on their lifestyles but the fact is every other sex scandal since has been caused by him. First there was Sienna, then his affair with his children’s nanny and now this. Kate has been checking the internet every couple of hours for updates and although she has spoken to Sadie, no one has called Jude. Sienna has spoken to both Jude and Sadie offering her support but he is very much aware that they are all laughing at him, which makes it even worse.’

Sadie herself told The Mail on Sunday that she was standing beside her former husband. ‘I support Jude in whatever he chooses to do in his life,’ she said. ‘We have a good relationship and a lot of love for each other and I think that’s a great way to be.’ Sadie added that Jude’s new arrival will have little effect on her and their three children. ‘My children and I are completely separate from this and it doesn’t affect us at all,’ she said. ‘I don’t feel like the situation has anything to do with me.’ She added: ‘Jude and I have been divorced for years now and what he does in his personal life is up to him. I’m really lucky to have the most amazing, loving children and everyone’s doing absolutely fine. They’re very happy kids.’

Next week, matters will become even more difficult for Jude because he is due to fly to New York for meetings with Samantha’s lawyers. According to Delores, Samantha’s father, an airline pilot, is determined to see that his daughter is properly provided for. After the child is born, Samantha intends to live with her mother Lea and half-brother Jarred in the family home in Pensacola, Florida.

Dolores said: ‘When Samantha got pregnant, she told her dad and then he took control of the situation. Denis and Samantha’s mum broke up years ago but they stayed close. He’s a good man and Lea is a wonderful mother. They will make sure she is OK. Denis will make sure that man takes responsibility for his actions and pays to support this baby. When Samantha told him, he was shocked at first and then got very, very angry. He has been the one negotiating with the lawyers to work out a deal for Samantha and the baby’s future.’

Denis’s second wife, Diane, confirmed last night that negotiations are under way. Speaking from their home in the Lakewood suburb of Cleveland, Ohio, she said: ‘I am very sorry but there is really nothing that we can say at the moment as the legal negotiations are currently still going on. My husband is not here, he is with his daughter looking after her. It has been a difficult time for the family and we are trying to get through it the best we can.’

According to friends in London, Jude is so terrified of the potential ramifications of the scandal that he is willing to do whatever is necessary to preserve his reputation. The source said: ‘So far, he has only been able to text Samantha. He hasn’t actually spoken to her which is what is worrying him because she seems to be keeping it all very formal.
‘Jude’s warned Sadie that it could turn into a court case, which is the last thing he wants. Apparently he has been incredibly placatory, saying he’ll stand by the baby and jumping however high she wants because the last thing he wants is his name dragged through the mud again. ‘He’s been drinking quite heavily since he found out and crying and moaning and going on about how he is never going to be able to take any time off because he’s got so many people to support . . . all the kids, an ex-wife, ex-lovers.’

But if Samantha’s family are determined that he will pay the price for his actions, they have not forgotten that there remains, at the centre of this, an innocent child. Delores said: ‘The baby will be my first great-grandchild and despite how it has all happened, I am very happy about that and am just praying the baby is healthy and strong and that this Jude Law does the right thing and supports her and is part of her life. Samantha is a good girl and will be a wonderful mother. We are a strong family and we will get through this.
‘It’s just a shame that in my day Englishmen were gentlemen. But this man certainly hasn’t behaved like one to my granddaughter.’

Attachments

• article-1203716-05EBE758000005DC-585_224x423.jpg
    article-1203716-05EBE758000005DC-585_224x423.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 4
  • article-1203716-05EBF589000005DC-801_224x423.jpg
    article-1203716-05EBF589000005DC-801_224x423.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 5
He has three children with Sadie – Rafferty, 12, Iris, eight, and six-year-old Rudy. Although the couple divorced six years ago, they are still great friends and, according to a source, it was to Sadie that Jude turned when he first heard the news from his lawyer via a late-night telephone call. The friend said: ‘He immediately went round to Sadie’s house where he promptly burst into tears. He told Sadie that he only slept with her once after a drunken party and never had any contact with her afterwards. Sadie has promised to be supportive but she is angry on several levels. Her response was to call him an idiot. Firstly, she has been nursing hopes of a reunion. They go on holidays together and speak pretty much every day. And she is always the person he turns to in a crisis. Secondly, this affects her kids. This will be their half-sister. Thirdly, Sadie is about to go into a West End show and she wants to put that whole bed-hopping image behind her. This just drags it all up again.

‘Right now, Sadie’s packing the cases for the kids and herself as they’re going away on a three-week summer holiday to Ibiza. She’s told everyone she doesn’t even want to think about it until she gets back. It’s been a very busy year and she doesn’t want this to ruin her holiday.’

Am I missing something? Is there something going on between them still?

‘He’s been drinking quite heavily since he found out and crying and moaning and going on about how he is never going to be able to take any time off because he’s got so many people to support . . . all the kids, an ex-wife, ex-lovers.

It's called condoms. Use them. And maybe he should work on keeping his breeches on.

I really hate how he is getting all the blame. I haven't been a Jude Law fan for a long time (even though he was standing right next to me last Monday and I was kind of freaking out but stayed cool) even I can admit it's not all his fault.

It's not just up to the guy to provide protection. The girl also plays a part whether she be on the pill or have condoms.

As far as I'm concerned her family is not looking in a good light mouthing off to the media. Of course this could all be crap but well if not then they should just shut their mouths. It was a fling not a relationship.

It's like what do they want him to do just pack up his stuff and go live in Florida. Say bye bye to his kids and family.

It takes two to tango.

It takes two to tango.

Gosh, THANK YOU FOR THAT COMMENT.

Her dad's ~he knocked up my lovely and innocent 24 y-o daughter what a jerk~ act is just plain DISGUSTING. She's as responsible as Jude is in this story. Plus, if she really didn't want of the kid, she could have gotten an abortion. I know, it could be against her own moral values but come on, you know she's totally enjoying her 15 minutes of fame and having Jude's kid means $$$$ getting in the bank for her :yuk:

Who knows whether they used protection or not though? No contraception is 100% failsafe.

Good lord she looks Florida....kind of like that woman who bumped off her own baby. Sorry, but those pictures are really unappealing :sick:

i read reports that the dna test has already taken place. how is that possible. if the baby is in the womb now?

i read reports that the dna test has already taken place. how is that possible. if the baby is in the womb now?
Yes they can do prenatal paternity test.
  • Prenatal (before your child’s birth) DNA testing:
    [*] Amniocentesis: This test is performed in the second trimester, anywhere from the 14th-24th weeks of pregnancy. During this procedure, the doctor uses ultrasound to guide a thin needle into your uterus, through your abdomen. The needle draws out a small amount of amniotic fluid, which is tested. Risks include a small chance of harming the baby and miscarriage. Other side effects may include cramping, leaking amniotic fluid, and vaginal bleeding. A doctors consent is needed to do this procedure for paternity testing.
    [*] Chrionic Villus Sampling (CVS:( This test consists of a thin needle or tube which a doctor inserts from the vagina, through the cervix, guided by an ultrasound, to obtain chrionic villi. Chrionic villi are little finger like pieces of tissue attached to the wall of the uterus. The chrionic villi and the fetus come from the same fertilized egg, and have the same genetic makeup. This testing can be done earlier in pregnancy from the 10th-13th weeks. A doctors consent is needed to do this procedure for paternity testing.
http://www.americanpregnancy.org/unplannedpregnancy/paternitytesting.html

:shock:

Those bikini shots of her and her pregnant tummy online speak volumes about the girl's character.

She's snagged her meal ticket for life.

Poor Jude, I really feel for him.

:rolleyes: Why him and not her? Not all women who sleep with famous men are shameless money-grabbing hussies out to trap celebrities into impregnating them. I'm pretty sure it took participation from both of them to make the baby. He obviously knows that sex = possible baby.

^ I feel sorry for him because her family have gone and said things in the media and are portraying him out to be this guy who did the dirty on her and that her father "read him the riot act" or whatever the saying is.

That's why in my previous post I said it takes two to tango. She isn't innocent in this like her family is saying and that he can't just drop everything and go live in Florida.

It was a fling not a relationship and they will just have to do their best.

^ And he just found out that he was going to be a father 2 weeks ago.

The Daily Mail reports:

Jude Law's pregnant former lover, Samantha Burke, in full bloom as she mulls over huge magazine offers

17th September 2009

The model having Jude Law's baby is shopping around for a big money deal for photos of their love child, according to U.S reports. Samantha Burke is due to have baby Sophia on October 6 - the very same day Law's Broadway version of Hamlet opens in New York City.

Lawyers for 24-year-old Burke are hunting around for a deal to coincide with the birth of the baby, October 6th. Which coincidentally is the opening day of Law's new show, according to the New York Post.

'Samantha is getting offers ranging up to $200,000 for the interview and baby photos," a source told the Post. The irony of the timing for the interview is not lost on her. She will talk openly about her relationship with Jude - and he's not getting rave reviews. While Jude has promised to provide for Sophia, Samantha doesn't feel like his behaviour towards her was entirely chivalrous.

The timing of the interview will not please producers of Hamlet who are hoping for minimal distractions to their show.They have already banned reporters asking questions about Law's relationships and love life, the Post claims.

Burke got pregnant with Law's child after a brief fling when he was in the city filming Sherlock Holmes.

In Samantha's last entry on her blog, she wrote: 'Only a month to go until I welcome Sophia into this world. I'm excited, of course, but a little anxious too. There is still so much to do to get ready.Be sure to check back with me after Sophia arrives. I can't wait!'

Samantha was thrown a baby shower last month and revealed she was overwhelmed by support from friends. She added: 'I figured friends would buy just one or two things each but apparently girls are fun to shop for! Sophia's already spoiled and she's not even here yet. I'm blessed to have such amazing people in my life and happy to see them all under the same roof at the beautiful baby shower.'

Attachments

• article-1214147-0677F1B5000005DC-824_468x610.jpg
    article-1214147-0677F1B5000005DC-824_468x610.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 11
  • article-1214147-0677F130000005DC-818_233x554.jpg
    article-1214147-0677F130000005DC-818_233x554.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 4
Jude (and Sadie) have kept their kids out of the media spotlight. They never did a Hello/ok! photoshoot. So if Samantha goes to the papers/mags and sells her story then Jude has a right to be mega p*ssed. It will not paint her in a good light at all.

Do these stars know what condoms are for? Oh well shes lucky that she will get support from jude...I wish I was his fling lol minus the baby.

Well, I feel sorry for the f*cking kid! what a bloody circus to come out to - if i was it i'd stay inside!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bastianvek
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->