Daniel Jackson
Stylist: Tabitha Simmons
Hair: Esther Langham
Make-Up: Gucci Westman
Model: Karlie Kloss

US Vogue Digital Edition

Carolina Herrera Good Girl Fantastic Pink Fragrance 2020 Campaign

credit: imgmodels
94830935_227573171834648_966762995581692022_n3ce82921d03db14c8c0cc9dc2ffc2d93.jpg
95668766_1153017295042321_8489699133518700823_nf41d6e4196070cdb8d0f2662943e44d4.jpg
96212753_175232787090372_5593021061894081727_n8aa47e6f9cfad143ad302b0362008336.jpg
96212753_2698029950476381_2507573378568818482_nd148c84efc423534a13d0f0d4fe0ed29.jpg

British Vogue Jul 2020: The Way We Wore Auction

credit: vogue.co.uk
KK.jpg

KARLIE KLOSS Out on the Beach in Santa Monica 08/02/2020
karlie-kloss-out-on-the-beach-in-santa-monica-08-02-2020-0.jpg
karlie-kloss-out-on-the-beach-in-santa-monica-08-02-2020-9.jpg

hawtcelebs​

Karlie Kloss is NYC chic in fitted black sweater after returning back east from Los Angeles lockdown, 8/19/20
32155134-8645415-image-m-45_1597883974515.jpg
dailymail.co.uk

KARLIE KLOSS Arrives at Her Home in New York 09/25/2020
karlie-kloss-arrives-at-her-home-in-new-york-09-25-2020-3.jpg

hawtcelebs​

Karlie Kloss she grabs a coffee with a friend during outing in New York, 9/27/20
33708274-8780139-image-a-1_1601277359960.jpg
dailymail.co.uk

Karlie Kloss looked chic in her winter wear in NYC, after purchasing a $23.5milllion mansion near her sister-in-law's plot of land in Miami.
36699528-0-image-a-15_1607635948220.jpg
36699524-0-image-a-16_1607636982654.jpg

dailymail.co.uk

WSJ Magazine, December 28, 2020
Supermodel Karlie Kloss on How Pregnancy Has Affected Her Routines
“I normally love running but I have to say I’m out of breath these days just talking or going up a flight of stairs."
"Karlie Kloss says that the last thing she thinks about before she goes to bed is coffee, and these days she’s living for her cup of decaf in the morning. In mid-November, the supermodel, 28, confirmed she and her husband Joshua Kushner, 35, are expecting their first child together. Other than her caffeine routine, she says pregnancy has made waking up a little harder.

“I think I could sleep in until three in the afternoon,” she says.

It’s most likely not an option for her. Kloss’s days are filled with back-to-back Zoom meetings, Instagram Live streams for her first collection with Adidas and filming episodes for her YouTube channel, Klossy—all from her current home in Miami. In addition to modeling, Kloss runs Kode With Klossy, a free coding camp for teenage girls; hosts Bravo’s Project Runway; and has invested in companies including Apparis, Mirror and StockX. She’s a spokesperson for brands including Carolina Herrera and Estée Lauder, and in August, she led an investor group that acquired W magazine in partnership with Bustle Media Group. Here, she tells WSJ. about her first board meeting (virtual, of course) for W, her “simple” beauty routine and favorite smoothie recipe and why Sundays for her are a lot like Mondays.

What time do you wake up on Mondays, and what’s the first thing you do?
I normally am up at 6:30, 7, but I feel like these days, more into winter, I’m hitting the snooze button more and more. I like to get my workout in first thing in the morning, so I almost force myself to get out of bed and put on my leggings, my sneakers and my sports bra. I brush my teeth and go straight to my workout, which, by the way, is like the shortest commute of all time now that it’s basically just my Zoom workouts.

Do you have any go-to classes?
I’ve been loving Tracy Anderson workouts because you can do them anywhere. I have my little ankle weights, whether I’m in New York or my parents’ house or down in Miami. [The workouts are] full body weight workouts. And then I’ve really gotten more into yoga. I normally love running but I have to say I’m out of breath these days just talking or going up a flight of stairs. Being pregnant has put a little bit of a damper on my running routine but I still have been trying to stay active no matter what, going for lots of long walks.

Do you have a favorite breakfast for starting the week off right?
I really love doing a smoothie to pack in all the nutrients: frozen blueberries, frozen spinach, almond milk, a bunch of maca and ashwagandha and all these things that I can’t really pronounce.

What’s your vitamin routine like?
I take this really great prenatal called Ritual. And Seed probiotics. That’s kind of it.

Do you set aside a specific time to brainstorm or reflect during the week?
I feel like Monday through Fridays are crazy, so Saturdays are the day when I’m fully offline. I step away from my computer, my phone. I’m present and disconnected from virtual life. I feel like the week really starts on Sunday. It’s when I take a minute to look back at the week prior, make sure that I’ve gotten back to everyone I need to, closing any loops and then looking ahead to the week to come: prepping with materials or communications, reading that needs to happen. Sunday is my day to get ahead on life.

What’s your beauty routine like these days?
It’s more on the simple side. I guess it’s because, my fifteen years working as a model, I’ve always been the blank canvas for the artists to create these looks. I’ve always been so much more focused on taking care of myself from the inside out. At night, my routine is cleansing, toning, using a serum and then a cream and an under-the-eye cream. In the morning...I slap on a serum and a light cream. I [like] a light concealer, I like to fill in the brow with an eyebrow pencil. Maybe a little bit of cream blush and a lip liner and then that’s it.

Is there anything about your beauty routine or diet that’s out of the ordinary?
I’ve always had bizarre cravings, so it’s kind of nothing new, but I’ve really been loving everything salty and crunchy.

Do you have a best time management or efficiency hack?
In a weird way, I feel like I’ve been able to become much better with my time management [during the pandemic]. I feel more productive and more involved than before, [not] being on an airplane and in transit all the time. Today, I did an Instagram Live for Adidas with Alexis [Williams], this amazing [Kode With Klossy] scholar who was in the campaign with me. Then I went straight to a board meeting, we had our first ever W board meeting. This year, we acquired W magazine in the middle of a virtual world which has been an amazing endeavor.

And then I had a quick 20 minutes to go pee and grab lunch and then race back. And then we have a big Kode With Klossy presentation this afternoon. It’s been really interesting and exciting to see the innovative ways for us all to communicate or [for] brands to reach people. This past summer, Kode With Klossy went virtual for the first time ever. For the past five years, we’ve run in-person summer camps across the country… [but] by going virtual, we were able to scale in a whole new way. We had students from 20 countries around the world, so it allowed us to grow in an unprecedented way.

What’s your media diet like?
I love The Wall Street Journal. I get a lot of my news from newsletters and I love listening to podcasts. I scroll through Instagram and Twitter but I also limit myself; otherwise, I go down rabbit holes. But in the morning first thing, especially on a Monday, I read through all my newsletters and make sure I get abreast of what’s going on. I love the W magazine newsletter, a Wall Street Journal newsletter, a Washington Post newsletter and a New York Times newsletter.

What’s your involvement at W like?
It’s so exciting to be involved on the other side of a publication like W. My entire career I’ve been on more the editorial side, so [now I’m] more on the strategy and supporting the creative team. Sara Moonves is an incredible editor-in-chief, but also what I get excited about is thinking about the opportunity that exists to continue to evolve where fashion and media are going, building out new revenue streams.

What do you look for when you’re deciding whether to make an investment?
I’ve invested in quite a few startups over the past years. I really love to support female-founded businesses.... I have quite a little portfolio at this point, in my heart I’m very entrepreneurial.

When it comes to life post-baby, are there other supermodel moms who you look up to in the industry?
Where to begin? Christy Turlington [Burns] has been a role model and mentor of mine. She is somebody who I feel really lucky to have to look to for guidance and advice. Her work with Every Mother Counts is one of the reasons why early on in my career I realized the opportunity to make the most of having the platform. And as a mom, I think she’s just the coolest. Cindy Crawford is an incredible supermom as well. Natalia Vodianova, I mean, she has five kids. I still to this day don’t understand how she does it. I’m really excited for all of my friends who are entering this next chapter of life at this time too, so excited for some new mom groups.

What’s one piece of advice you’ve gotten that’s guided you?
I keep a running list of notes on my phone and computer. There’s this one that I love: “Success is not the key to happiness; happiness is the key to success.” That is a quote that I love."

By Lane Florsheim
wsj.com​

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimble
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->