Knitting!

i just picked up the latest issue of vogue knitting and there's this really cute cap sleeve sweater i think i might try if i can find some yarn that would work...anyone working on anything right now??

i have just taught myself to crochet flowers! i love them, im working on a head band for my friend just need to knit the band then place them on^_^

a large circle scarf/snood i made for my uni project

_MG_4366.jpg

and a simple hat with pom pom

_MG_4356.jpg
_MG_4359.jpg

pictures are my own

i should really get abit more daring with my knitting!

I love to knit! I want to knit my first piece of clothing this year. Does anyone know any easy patterns for like a sweater or a cardigan?

those are nice photos, EIR

petit lucille showed me a cool site full of unique socks.. sockdreams.com.. ex. a sock with toes.. ^^ i found this sock there, a closeup of the fabric.. unusual knit design.
1ylus7.jpg

This thread has inspired me to start knitting again... I can both knit and crochet but haven't done it in years... I should be okay though, my most difficult project was a chunky jumper... My mum is a great knitter so I bet she'll be happy to know that I'm following her steps :lol:
I think I'll start with a big scarf for now... will make sure to post some pics :flower:

I want to do a big chunky circle scarf too Elegance.is.refusal did you knit it like a regular big scarf and then sew it into a circle or knit it round?

Help Please!

so i haven't been knitting for too long and i had a question about some knitting instructions. Im making this purse and i am at a part where it says Change to cream and,beg with knit row, work 2 rows in St st

the question is am i going to knit one row purl one row and thats it.
Or, is it knit one row purl one row=1 row
knit one row purl one row=2 rows. So four rows?

I think you knit one row, then purl the next. Stocking stitch is just like two right side rows, so when you look at the right side, you'll have three knit rows. hope that makes sense.

I think you knit one row, then purl the next. Stocking stitch is just like two right side rows, so when you look at the right side, you'll have three knit rows. hope that makes sense.

ok so knit row. purl row. Thanks! I thought so but I wasn't sure and I didn't want to mess up what I've knitted so far.

I want to do a big chunky circle scarf too Elegance.is.refusal did you knit it like a regular big scarf and then sew it into a circle or knit it round?

i just knitted it like a normal scarf and sewed the ends together, because how large the scarf i made is i dont think it would work on circle needles, not that i would know how to do it anyway:lol:

its currently living in my wardrobe but im planning on buying a black trench to wear it with this winter:heart:

i might make another one in a slighty smaller size because the one i made for my project is pretty huge!

Aw thats cool I wanna do it now then I was hoping you would say normal scarf sewn together because thats doable to me!!!

i think im gona make a less chunkier version in cream, just gotta get my hands on the wool.

its a good job its acting like an indian summer i always seem to leave knitting projects abit late i should really start them at the begining of summer so im not rushing to get them finished for cold weather:ninja:

i felt this really nice wool on a knitted toque while i was at a store in another city last week... it was so smooth and soft. they had felted it. i forgot to ask what kind it was. a lot of my friends complain about how scratchy wool is on their skin, and some have allergies, but this one was quite special...

I just finished knitting my first sweater a few days ago! I'm so proud of myself haha
Now I wish I could afford to buy tons of yarn to knit even more sweaters.

At the moment I'm knitting Rodarte inspired sweater,
here are work-in-process photos:
rodarteinspiredknitting_stylehur-1.jpg

rodarteinspiredknitting_stylehurric.jpg

own photos

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back