Lanvin Happy Sac, Partage Sac, and Amalia

well 2 options:blush:... i would love the "reporter" bag which i've just found out and it's delicious, btw i'll try at the Lanvin Boutique in Forte dei marmi (which is the first and only lanvin boutique in Italy..and i've already looked out for this bag at other retailers..); the other one i love is the happy partage the metallic lamè version or the velvet one! do you think those kind of bags are gonna be on sale??? of course if only i could afford it, i would buy the entire Lanvin boutique! :lol:
source: net-a-porter

Attachments

• 39046_in_dl.jpg
    39046_in_dl.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Lanvin-Happy-Sac-Partage-Bag-500x415.jpg
    Lanvin-Happy-Sac-Partage-Bag-500x415.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 3
  • img-thing.jpg
    img-thing.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh the Reporter bag is so cute! It was actually on sale at Department Feminin, but it's sold out now. I think NAP sold out that style in SS09, when it was released. Barneys' used to have it as well, and it was gone when they went on sale.

The Happy you're looking at is the "python-look" one, which has clear sequins to resemble python scales. I'm not sure if that went on sale...but I got my Gold Laser-Cut Happy on sale at Barney's, so some stores do put Happy style on sale.

Best of luck!!!

Those bags are a little bit chanel-ish, Lanvin is a pretty good brand but they fail to transmit the Lanvin spirit into their bag imo

^ There are certain details in common, but this is one of my favorite handbag lines and I've never seriously considered buying a Chanel bag, so ... ^_^

Grosgrain is used extensively in both the handbags and the clothing. I think the spirit of the line is there ...

One thing I find very different from Chanel is the logo situation ... it's generally plastered on all things Chanel, and it's very subtle here. The logo coin is detachable, and otherwise the bags are unlogoed except for the lining. When I had my Happy I kept the coin on ... I find it a beautiful logo, and not once was it recognized.

Btw, my SA at Barneys tells me that they have straightened out their hardware issues. I really like my small Amalia, so I may get the full size ... I would love for them to come out with a Happy I like as much as the one I had originally.

I got two Amalias from Barneys - the quilted brown lambskin and beige lambskin tote. The intention was to return one of them, since I couldn't decide on which one I liked better and wanted to order one before it got sold out. The brown was on sale for $899 and the beige for $1139. The beige is ever so slightly larger than the brown, but imperceptibly so. I mean, unless one scrutinises it very, very carefully, they both look the same size. I decided to return the beige.

One thing I find very different from Chanel is the logo situation ... it's generally plastered on all things Chanel, and it's very subtle here. The logo coin is detachable, and otherwise the bags are unlogoed except for the lining. When I had my Happy I kept the coin on ... I find it a beautiful logo, and not once was it recognized.

Oh my god, I HATE logos too. They look downright cheap, IMHO. All those Chanel goods one sees on places like Purseforum with those gaudy interlocked C's embossed in bright gold or just embossed against the bag itself (like the GST) - I find it quite crass. Maybe it's just me, but I buy bags not because I want everyone to know I'm carrying Chanel or a Hermes or a Vuitton, but because the bag itself looks really good and classy and under the radar. Not a status symbol which screams that I can afford it, but something that looks chic and classy and sophisticated. WHich is why I'll never own a Chanel bag, or a Balenciaga (way too heavy and difficult to carry) or a Louis Vuitton (they just don't look all that great for the exorbitant prices).

Off my soapbox now.

Last edited by a moderator:
an old thread, but it's my current bag! Bought it off ebay without the ribbon in black, and now I want to make another grosgrain bow and replace the old one. The leather is BEAUTIFUL on this one btw, after all these years it still glows, almost like a black pearl - and in incredible condition considering its age.
anyway here are a few celebrity street style images of Kirsten Dunst - my OG inspo to get the Happy bag - wearing the bag back in June 2011 leaving The Box nightclub with Leith Clark and on the street

(images of Kirsten and Leith from dailymail.co.uk and of Kirsten in the denim dress from the many shady street styles of: kirsten dunst)
article-2007252-0CB0BBCD00000578-932_468x683.jpgarticle-2007252-0CB0BB9D00000578-353_468x732.jpgkirsten dunst denim dress and clubmaster sunglasses.jpg

^ I'm not surprised, the grosgrain ribbon on mine is pretty destroyed! And I agree, I had a nubuck one I returned (hw issues), so not sure how that would've aged, but the goatskin one I have now is just beautiful and very tough. To me, it still looks flawless.

I actually have two - the beige/brown one came with its grosgrain ribbon, and the part that's threaded through the chain handle is absolutely shredded, probably because I flipped between long and doubled handles for so long and the friction eventually gets to it. But I do appreciate that the bow is still there so I can attempt a DIY recreation on the black one with some ribbon. What it's missing is its medallion, which is present on the black one.

The black one also has an exterior zip pocket at the back which the brown one doesn't (I assume because it was from a production run when they hadn't yet cut that detail), and seems more hardy overall, like you noted it may be a difference in leather - I've flaked colour off the brown one with just a fingernail before but even with that it's not in bad shape considering the amount it's been used, it has a nice patina in places.
20231107_162550.jpg
20231107_162836.jpg
20231107_162815.jpg

Interesting about the back zip! Neither of mine had/have it. I'll have to take pix of mine next time it's out ... it's only the ribbon that's aged. It has a purply tint to the black now ... I've trimmed it up a little, had the breaking just like yours. I think your bow looks better than mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->