Lanvin Happy Sac, Partage Sac, and Amalia

luisaviaroma

^ I am beginning to think you're right about my SA :lol:

Well, I did it ... this is the Amalia for those who haven't seen it. You can see in the picture how soft the lambskin is ...

Attachments

• amalia lvr.JPG
    amalia lvr.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
Woohoo~:clap: Congrats!!!!

The leather is silky, buttery soft and the bag is extremely light:flower: I'm getting the Lanvin boutique to take a few chain links out of the chain of mine so that it won't hit me mid-thigh when I wear it messenger styleB) (I'm petite, short limbs:blush:)

^ So is messenger style across your body--from one shoulder to your other hip?

I know the body of the bag is lambskin ... what are the handles? Is it lizard, embossed leather ... do you know? You've known everything so far, so I thought I'd ask :wink:

Btw, the pewter of the bag at Barney's (I assume the same one I'm getting) is flat, not at all metallic. Just thought I'd mention in case anyone else is considering it ...

LOL I'm just nuts about Lanvin, that's all:P

Well, you might have answered the questions when you saw the bag IRL at Barney's, but for those of you who haven't, that bag could be worn in so many different ways....over the shoulders(double-chained and single-chained), the crook of your arm, and cross-body style.
What sold this bag to me was the fact that I could wear it cross-body and it's light. And the fact that there are leather straps on the chain so that the chain won't dig into your shoulder:flower:

I believe the handles are embossed-lizard, but I'm not 100% certain. It doesn't say on the tag that lizard skin is used, and there are other bags Lanvin made this season with embossed lizard/croc leather, so I'm assuming this is embossed as well.

The bag is flat, but it's expandable with zipper that goes around the bag...so you can zip it to make it totally flat, or unzip it for extra width.....it's genius, if you ask me!!!

^ I actually prefer to wear bags over my arm so that I have my hands free, and don't weigh myself down at the neck and shoulder, but I had thought the chain was a bit long for that--so maybe not, that would be good. My bag is in Memphis, and I've just faxed my import form again (I just hate it when I don't get clear instructions ...) Hopefully I will have it before long!

My bag arrived from Luisaviaroma this morning, quite early (still sleeping!), and ... it has the exact same piece of scotch tape yours did :angry: :angry: :angry:

As far as I'm concerned, this is knowingly shipping defective merchandise, because apparently they're all like this (which is what I feared after finding out about the tape after I ordered). I'm going to take it by my shoe repair for an opinion about whether it can be fixed.

I just sent them a (semi-)scathing e-mail.

I adore these Lanvin bags. They are stunning and so very modern.

I am very happy to see that there is a thread devoted to them up and running.

fashionista, I cannot believe that LVR STILL ships their Lanvins with the bloody scotch tape on it!!!!!!!!!! Make sure you contact Christina, and tell her I sent you. She should be able to give you the discount she gave me, if you want to keep it and not return.

What I did was, remove the scotch tape and lightly rubbed the stickyness left by the scotch tape with an eraser.....which was a mistake. You should use a leather eraser, which is what I was told afterwards by my shoe repair people. But I moisturized it with Apple Care 3 times, and it's barely visible now. Because of the uneven, crinkled nature of the leather, it really doesn't look that bad now........but let me tell you, I was furious when I received the bag with the tape on it:angry:
Now, with the extra discount and the fact that it's almost invisible, I'm OK with it....

What bothers me more than anything is that Christina gave me her word that they'll improve their customer service and it's clearly still happening!!! I should write to her about this.....

^ That's interesting about the leather eraser, I hadn't heard of that.

I am reluctant to try to fix it, because then I would potentially become responsible if anything goes wrong in the process. She said I would get all my money back, but what about customs? :unsure:

She seems to be saying it's one employee in the warehouse who did it ... put all the price tags on, and then taped the bag to the purse itself. I am thinking that probably the small square of bubble wrap taped to the purse was originally a bubble wrap bag/envelope, and they trimmed the rest away.

I am left wondering if anyone can really be that stupid, or was it sabotage :huh:

Anyway, what I suspect is that all the damage is already done, and for whatever reason they have decided to continue shipping the damaged bags and deal with the fallout on a case-by-case basis, rather than, say, filing an insurance claim for the damage this employee caused (and I sincerely hope the employee is no longer working there). Or maybe they've done that too ...

I have never ordered from them before, & I certainly won't again. I would think anyone thinking of ordering any bag whatsoever from them would do well to be wary ... I'm especially irritated because this was far from a simple order/return--there's all the import paperwork, customs, complicated return process--what a mess :yuk:

Oh, lody:o I feel responsible for recommending LVR to you!!!!!!!
But honestly, I have been buying from them(though never bags, just clothes and shoes) and packaging has always been immaculate, goods always in perfect condition and spectacular customer service.

But the fact that my experience wasn't just an one-off makes me weary about buying another bag from them......I don't know if anyone can be that stupid either!!!!!! I mean, for your bag to have the exact same defect as mine? Too much of coincidence, I think. Was it on the lower left bottom on the back of the bag?

That being said, I kept the bag because I was able to minimize the damage and after a few treatments with Apple Care, it blended in with the rest of the bag. I took the bag to the Lanvin boutique to have the chain shortened and showed the defect to all the SAs......they couldn't tell unless I pointed it out to them. So that's a good sign:flower:

I think you'd still have to pay customs.......mine came out to be around $100 which I was billed later from Fedex.

I am SO sorry the same thing has happened to you and it has caused you so much hassle!!!!!!!!:doh:

^ Thanks ... not to worry :flower:

Yes, it was the lower left on the unzippered side of the bag (not sure whether you consider that the back, probably :wink:)

I have been thinking that I might go chat with my shoe repair about this leather eraser.

Just wanted to note that LVR's valuation of the damaged bag on the customs form was 25 euros. Hey, for that I'd've kept it :innocent:

I went by both of the shoe repairs I use. One told me there was no such thing as a leather eraser, and I should simply touch the sticky spot gently with my finger until it was gone. He demonstrated ... it seemed to work. I thought that might remove the adhesive, but what about the discoloration?

The other shoe repair guy was on vacation for two weeks. The guy filling in could only repeat, "Michael not here. He can fix, will be back in two weeks."

So ... back it went.

Really!? LVR had you declared the bag for EUR 25 so that there wouldn't be any customs incurred on their part!? :o

Hummm, I was told my my shoe repair guy about this leather eraser to remove the stickiness off the leather without damaging the leather surface, but I had never heard of it before either.
Well, I got the bag back from the Lanvin boutique(to get the chain shortened), and examined the damaged area....but now that I had treated the area with Apple Care a few more times, it's hardly noticeable. Only in certain lights, it's visible. I'm usually OCD about my clothes and bags but this one doesn't bother me much anymore, probably due to the nature of crinkled distressed leather.

Are you going to get the Amalia when/if Barneys put them on sale??:innocent:

^ Correct ... they sent the declaration with all the information and told me to sign it. I didn't see it till I opened the file today as I was filling out the paperwork. I guess at this point I'm the exporter? :unsure: That thought has just now occurred to me :innocent: When I read the form initially, I thought it was them, and their declaration. Great ... My only thought was to get the d#mn thing back to them before the 10 days runs out. I haven't been able to get to it since I got the RA# because of a work deadline.

I don't doubt that there is such a thing as a leather eraser ... if you saw this guy, I think you would agree with me that his knowledge of the world is something less than exhaustive :wink: He doesn't see it that way, though ... if there was a leather eraser in the known universe, he would be aware of it ^_^

I may still get it, not sure yet. I guess Barney's will put it on sale with the fall merchandise ... so it's going to be awhile before that happens.

...well, I was thinking that if LVR has no problem having you have the bag declared as EUR 25 to save the customs on their end, they should be able to do the same for the customers purchasing goods from them. It's only fair, don't you think?:rolleyes:

:lol: I see. I used to take all my shoes to Shoe Service Plus in NYC, they were miracle workers back then before the management was changed. If you call up Artbag and explain the situation, they'll probably know ways to minimize the damage or diminish it all together.

You do like the bag, apart from the damage, right? And the I'm not sure if these bags will go on sale/stick around until the next season sale time.....Lanvin is doing the Amalia again for the fall, and they're doing the exact same one as the ones we got, and few other varieties of the bag(i.e. beige crinkled lamb skin, khaki python, patent etc)so I'm not sure if Barneys'll put them on sale if the Amalia is going to be a Lanvin classic...

^ Well, I think the key is that the bag is damaged (granted, it was when they sent it too, and they knew it), and even though I consider an additional 10% off inadequate, probably the value has not declined quite that steeply :ninja:

I've never had to fill out all this paperwork before, I don't know what I'm doing :huh: :doh: When she sent it to me, there was nothing about agreeing with the valuation, she just sent me steps of what to do with all the forms & I did them.

Yes, I do like it. I generally don't wait for things to go on sale ... I was waiting to see the rest of the fall bags before making up my mind. We'll see ... The beige crinkled lambskin sounds pretty.

So did you send the bag back??? I hope everything went smoothly and that you got your refund^_^

I don't usually return things when I buy off online sites(I make sure I love it and it fits by asking questions etc), so I've never noticed if returned goods are under-valued.....although come to think of it, when I did return a few things to Net-a-Porter, the full value was stated in the invoice:huh:

The Amalia is the key look for the bags for FW09, it seems like. They're doing so many colors(I've seen purple and dove grey as well as the anthracite I have), so I'm sure you can pick one up later on should you decide to get it:flower: Beige crinkled lamb is so gorgeous and chic:heart:

I'm getting the metallic bronze Pollison bag from FW08 that my boutique found for me, and I'm seriously going on a bag bag:blush:

^ I've returned it, it should have gotten there this past Tuesday ... haven't checked to see if I've got the credit yet. They say within two billing cycles ... how it could legitimately take two is a great mystery to me :innocent:

Barney's here has a Lanvin Fall accessories window in which the Amalia is featured & looks lovely ... the purple sounds gorgeous :heart:

I'm not sure which the Pollison is?

So sorry it took me AGES to reply back to this thread! :doh:

Oh, they told me the same thing when they said they'll refund 10% back to my CC for the defect. Wonder why....:huh:

Well, I don't have the pics, but if I can find the pics online, I'll post it. The first generation Pollison came out in SS08 with lizard handles, and the second and the seemingly last generation came out in the subsequent season. It's a HUGE round bag with gathered top through round metallic rings(like the top of curtains), which are connected to handles. It's pretty hard to explain, and it is sooo different. I adore the shape. It came only in metallics(silver, bronze and gold/silver) and I'm getting the bronze:flower:

^ Thanks for the description ... I don't think I've seen it, but I can picture it. I have a bag that's somewhat similarly constructed ... but the handles are woven through the top of the bag, a single circular leather tube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->