Lanvin Happy Sac, Partage Sac, and Amalia

^ That's interesting, our primo Nordstrom here doesn't carry Lanvin bags ... I wish they did so I could've gotten points :innocent:

Got my Sept Bazaar, and they show a bunch of similar Lanvin bags, but thankfully not this one.

Grill, do you think it would be better with tiny little feet?

Fashionista - yes, feet would be better.

I actually ended up returning the leopard - I think the leather versions are better value than the embossed calf hair - with the jewelled chain handle and the saggy body construction the whole shebang wasn't gonna be holding up for long. I still think this is a very pretty bag but my husband wasn't having it - he loves the H Kelly.

^ I absolutely agree ... my last bag was hair calf & it's really unbelievably fragile. The leather I think will wear quite well.

Btw, as my bag has settled in a bit, I'm seeing what the shape is really meant to be. Took a few weeks ... At least, that is my interpretation of what's happening :wink:

I just have been loving the Happy Sac. I saw this photo last month of Heidi. I will be in San Francisco next weekend and Las Vegas the weekend after that. I will make sure I visit the 2 Barney's. I wold love to take one home with me. :heart:
Photo from People.com

Attachments

• heidi_klum.jpg
    heidi_klum.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to mention that I learned from the current Vogue that the Happy Sac also comes in denim courtesy of the Acne collaboration. There's a small picture in the magazine ...

Stopped by to mention that the clasp fell off my bag last week :huh: I actually found all the pieces (eventually), but Barney's offered to replace it, and I took them up on it, thinking I may not be so lucky next time. So waiting for the new bag to come in ...

^Wow, I expect better quality from Lanvin but then again this is the first thing I heard about such a thing happening.
Good to hear that things worked out for you. :smile:

Just came here to mention that my Lanvin Happy Sac is RIP :o A couple days ago the clasp flipped off again ... and then less than 24 hours later the chain broke. Not the chain itself, but the hardware that attaches it came unscrewed & fell off. The Happy Sac was no longer making me happy ... so I gathered all the pieces I could find and carried it all back to Barneys. I exchanged for a half-price Marc Jacobs lavender quilted bag, and still have a hefty refund check coming. Ah well ...

Btw my SA said that I am the second person she's sold a Happy Sac to, that this has happened with both the original bag and the replacement bag :innocent: Make of that what you will.

There's a new spring model that's a bit bigger. Actually I saw two sizes, one a bit bigger than mine, and then one bigger than that, kind of small & medium. Instead of the ribbon, it has a large leather tassel :huh:, two leather handles, and longer bright silver chains. Colors: In the small, I saw gunmetal (I was told it was black--anyway there's a metallic effect & it looked gunmetal to me) with navy grosgrain trim on the bag itself, bubblegum pink, coral, black, and pearl grey in the larger size. There may be more I'm not remembering ...

PS I should mention that the new bags are smooth & shiny leather, not nubuck or whatever like mine was ...

^That's totally crappy that it happened to you, not just once but twice!
ohmy.gif

You'll think that Lanvin would have better quality control than this...but if 2 Happy Sacs are going kaput on you, it's a sign that it's time to move on.....

^ Those were my thoughts as well :wink: My SA was describing it to another employee and said "Her bag blew," which I thought was a very concise description of what happened :lol:

so i guess i wont be buying one...i like the size of the one lindsay lohan has been carrying, the grey one...but im not going to get one if it will fall apart lol

fashionista, I'm sorry your bag fell apart!!!!! That really shouldn't be happening to a $2K bag.....It's weird, because I own 7 Lanvin bags and all of them are fantastic quality bags, just what you expect from Lanvin.
....I have the Partage Sac from SS08 that I use everyday to work for the past year that I put down on the street, on the floor, and toss around...and hasn't even been scratched due to the pebbled nature of the leather.
Most of my Lanvins have the turn-lock closure as well(I have the embossed leather version of the bag you returned)and they held up beautifully...

Perhaps it was an anomaly??

^ Well, my SA at Barney's had another customer that had the exact same thing happen--two bags, same exact problem.

I think the key is to use them only rarely ...

I was just looking at the newest bags, and my SA was trying to steer me away from Lanvin :wink: I was looking at one without the hardware I had the problem with, but it does have the round hardware where the chains pass through, which did pop off on one of my bags--but I just popped it right back on :lol: She said the popping off of that hardware has been common too.

Well, we'll see ... I'm waiting for more of the fall bags to come out before deciding what to do. I will also be buying a lovely new furnace for fall, so perhaps I will at some point decide that the bags I already have will do perfectly well :wink:

Oh my:o

I guess Lanvin has its QC issues just like Chanel or Hermes:( I've heard way too many horror stories about QC issues about Chanel bags in particular(the round grommet where chain is connected through the bag falling off the bag after 2 days of use was the worst I heard!), but luckily nothing has ever happened to mine.

Actually, one of my Lanvin bags(Small Partage Sac from SS08, the one that looks like two bags in one)is my workhorse, so I have been using it everyday for the past year, carrying heavy books, documents, my lunchbox on top of everything else I carry in my bag. Consequently, my work bag weighs a ton, but the bag is in immactulately good condiiton....the only difference from the day I bought it was that the leather is softer and smooshier.
And my Happy Partage MM Sac in embossed leather had been used everyday during my 2-week vacation in Canada and still looks brand-new....

So I think you and the ladies who ended up with defective bags were unlucky...for the lack of better word:(

I think I might have what you were considering at Barneys.....the envelope shaped Amalia bag, no? It's gorgeous and I love that I can wear it messenger style:flower: But if I had QC issues with Lanvin, I'm not sure if I had ventured out to yet another one.....at the very least you get a refund from Barney's!

Good luck deciding, and let us know if you decided to get it:innocent:

Oh my:o

I guess Lanvin has its QC issues just like Chanel or Hermes:( I've heard way too many horror stories about QC issues about Chanel bags in particular(the round grommet where chain is connected through the bag falling off the bag after 2 days of use was the worst I heard!), but luckily nothing has ever happened to mine.

Actually, one of my Lanvin bags(Small Partage Sac from SS08, the one that looks like two bags in one)is my workhorse, so I have been using it everyday for the past year, carrying heavy books, documents, my lunchbox on top of everything else I carry in my bag. Consequently, my work bag weighs a ton, but the bag is in immactulately good condiiton....the only difference from the day I bought it was that the leather is softer and smooshier.
And my Happy Partage MM Sac in embossed leather had been used everyday during my 2-week vacation in Canada and still looks brand-new....

So I think you and the ladies who ended up with defective bags were unlucky...for the lack of better word:(

I think I might have what you were considering at Barneys.....the envelope shaped Amalia bag, no? It's gorgeous and I love that I can wear it messenger style:flower: But if I had QC issues with Lanvin, I'm not sure if I had ventured out to yet another one.....at the very least you get a refund from Barney's!

Good luck deciding, and let us know if you decided to get it:innocent:

And here I was thinking you are one lucky duck :P

I have a theory ... not sure where you're buying your bags, but I'm wondering if they have uneven production, and the bad ones are consistently coming to where I'm buying ... :huh:

You're probably right that Amalia is what I was looking at ... does it have a zipper gusset at the bottom? I must say, Lanvin really does know how to make an interesting black bag ... that is why I'm tempted, it seems no one else can really compete.

I had the Chanel problem you mention with one of my Happy Sacs, and I can beat 2 days :innocent: My replacement bag actually arrived with the grommet detached, but (in the spirit of my mother, who once successfully stopped her husband's serious bleeding because she did not want to go to the emergency room at bed time!) I was like, I can fix that!! I snapped it back together, and that piece was fine while the rest of the bag proceeded to fall apart :innocent:

I have a theory ... not sure where you're buying your bags, but I'm wondering if they have uneven production, and the bad ones are consistently coming to where I'm buying ... :huh:

:woot: Well, actually all of my 7 Lanvins came from different stores so go figure!!! But the fact that your SA at Barney's said that what happened to you had happened to other customers makes me think that it may not be "safe" to buy another from that particular location of Barney's....maybe. I'm just speculating here!!!

I am lucky, to not have those horrible things happen to any of my bags, not just Lanvin but all of them....

It's horrible it had happened not only once but TWICE!!!!!!! Seriously, that IS bad:shock: Maybe 3rd time would've been the lucky charm, but hell, I wouldn't have risked it either!!!! I'm soo sorry it had happened to you:(

Yep, the one you're looking at sure is Amalia! I have the MM Amalia, which doesn't have two envelopes stuck together like the GM. It's fab, the leather is squishy soft, it's light as well.....love all the pockets inside:flower: And the color is actually not black, but anthracite which makes it even more interesting!!!

I know what you mean about Lanvin keeps making interesting black bags....because I don't baby my bags, I almost exclusively buy black or dark-colored bags and Lanvin is one of the only brands(and Givenchy:heart:) that make interesting enough black bags for me to buy!!!

^ I know my replacement bag was shipped from another location--NY or someplace else on the East coast. Boston?? (Not even sure they have a store there ...)

I am mystified, but it's good to know that you haven't had any of these problems ... maybe I can be the lucky duck next time :wink:

I noticed what you're saying about the leather being super soft, that was nice :heart: And it's holding up well for you, it's not fragile (the leather itself)?

I'm not completely sure the color of the one I looked at--it looked like a very deep navy ... the SA swore it was black 'with blue tones.' :huh: :huh: So I don't know what it was ... I guess I should have inspected the tag for a color. And of course sometimes they mix colors on the same bag ... I really could have sworn the handle was midnight blue. Maybe the lighting is bad ...

Givenchy has really beautiful leather, but I have a thing about logos ... my SA was showing me that one of the new bags has a black on black logo that shows up less :wink:

OMG, were we separated at birth!? :woot: I too have an aversion to logos, which is why I adore Lanvin:heart: I have two 'gales, one is the original SS07 distressed patent medium and the other is the metallic black maxi with ostrich foot handles. The maxi doesn't have the Givenchy logo, and my medium does, but it's so incospicuous(unlike the current models)that you can hardly see...especially because the leather is shiny wrinkly patent!

OK, so not the particular location of Barney's you get your bags from....hum, I don't know what it is then....

Yes, the leather on my Small Partage Sac has gotten super soft and smooshy while being dragged around all day with heavy books and documents inside. It's made out of bull leather(that's what it said), so it's SUPER durable. You should see how I use and abuse my bag, my bag with all of my stuff inside weighs about 11lbs(I was curious how heavy it was one morning and decided to test it:lol:), and I put it down on the ground whether wet or dry, carry it in the rain without any protectant spray on it....my SAs at the local Lanvin boutique are mortified every time they see how I use my workhorse:woot: Despite all the abuse it has taken in the past year, the leather isn't even scratched let alone scuffed:flower:
It's the sturdiest bag I have ever had...which is why I had to get a back-up just in case this one falls apart in a couple of years!
That being said, I wouln't treat my other Lanvins the way I treat my workhorse...simply because of the leather my other bags are made out of. My other bags are made out of goat and lamb, which are a lot more fragile than calf.

Yep, the Amalia you were looking at is the one I have. The one I'm talking about have mightnight blue handles, and it has navy blue gros-grain ribbon zipper pulls. The Amalia came in two colors, one was ivory and the other is the anthracite. To your SA's defense, that color does have a bit blue undertones especially framed by navy blue handles and navy blue gros-grain ribbon zipper pulls.
I think you should get it! Luisaviaroma has them on sale:wink:

^ Aha! She told me the handle wasn't blue, I feel so vindicated now :lol: Thank you so much for the news of the lvr sale ... I will go check it out. :heart:

We have had this same discussion about another Lanvin bag in the past, that I thought was gunmetal, and again, she insisted was black. I just bet it was another anthracite :innocent:

No problems, hope you get it:P Wonderful bag, wonderful site, wonderful customer service there!!!^_^ Now hopefully, this time your bag won't fall apart!!!

LOL I think your SA might be *color blind*

Let me know what you decide!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->