Louis Vuitton Handbag Questions (December 2003 - November 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pradalvr01

Reaction score
The Louis Vuitton bag that Jessica Simpson has in her show, i want it bad but i have been online and to the store in Chicago where i live and i can't find it. Somebody help me!!

Her white Murakami multicolor Speedy?

I'm pretty sure that's sold out world wide, your best chance now is eBay but you'll be paying quite a bit

you can view some auctions here:
ebay white multicolor speedy

be careful about ebay though because there are lots of fakes around

For fine Luis Vuitton products try the Beverly Center on Beverly Blvd
if you live in thr Los Angeles area.

Also, i recommend Rodeo Dr. in Beverly Hills.

personally...i would hunt around on ebay without making any serious purchases...the rainbow murakami bags have been so copied lately that i would trust nothing until the furor dies down...

outside of that, i would call around to consignment boutiques you trust and see if they have anything. you've got to get on waiting lists early to get must-have bags from vuitton.

We all know Murakami and Sprouse, but who were the other artists who did a series of bags for Louis Vuitton? I'm doing a little research into how their work informed their productions there.

Thanks for your help.

Julie Verhoeven. She collaborated with Jacobs/is responsible for the patchwork bags from 2002. She's a fashion illustrator and designer based in London. She worked as a design assistant at Martine Sitbon and later at John Galliano, while there she handled in-house illustration, designing prints for fabrics, and fabric sourcing.

Verhoeven even designed her own collection for Gibo, Spring 2003 RTW. Lots of '80s touches, color blocking, reference to disco (much like her illustrations).

What hapen to LV now? Their bags are getting weirder :yuk:
Where's the elegance?

Anybody knows whether Marc Jacobs designs this bag or not?

i dont think MJ designs much, much more the bag/accessories department

he mainly supervises

btw i agree luvbrands, those new LV :rolleyes: :sick:

Peeps,

I Kinda like the second one (blue) :wacko: simply because its unusual :lol: As for the others it seems as though MJ or the designer is seriously trying to make the bags young, hip and appealing. If that is what they are trying to achieve then they should take my simple advice and JUST LEAVE THE BAGS AS THEY ARE. Our indivuality and personal styles can make the bags hip with the way we dress them up! :flower:

i think that marc (not single-handedly, mind you) took the louis vuitton bag and propelled it into the twenty first century. without the quirkiness and innovation of the bags produced under his tutelage, i strain to see how the house of vuitton would still be relevant in the world of high-fashion.

the bags this season were a triumph of design, not only because they found yet another way to re-interpret the classic monogram, but because he did not rely on some artist to imbue the bags energy. he (and his team) did it themselves.

I also don't like the idea that they set the new collections' price outrageously expensive. :yuk:

Eventhough Marc Jacobs and his team are trying to create something new, they shouldn't created something this bad though.

I don't know. To me, it seems that i began to lose interest in buying LV, especially with new wierd models coming out. :huh:

I rather buy Chanel now, at least it's classy and show some class :innocent:

erm... i actually like #2 & #5, they're different..
& i'm sure the opinions of many will change after those bags have been exposed in magazines & seen on celebrities =)

give it some time

I actually like a few bags from this line (is that the spring couture?)
but the prices are just insane :ninja:

I guess they just wanna try something different.

even though i dont find those particularly pretty, i wouldnt mind owning a few of them... :P
but the prices are way too insane. i am sure they will do a more affordable line like they always do each season. usually the catwalk designs are either not ALL produced or way too pricey :wacko: :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom63
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->