Louis Vuitton Pre-Fall 2024 Shanghai

love the remix of past collection but done more wearable makes it fresh

Oh! That’s good…
I find it interesting that he did referenced the collections he didn’t referenced in the main one and I also love the fact that it’s more styled in a way. A lot of pieces, a lot of things to grab and mix.
And it’s surprisingly cohesive despite the fact that the collections referenced are quite different. His early Vuitton days were more retro 70’s and the latter part more retro 80’s. The Memphis collection is not particularly my favorite of his repertoire but it’s more appealing here.

But I think the real success of this collection is that it’s still very commercial. There’s no second guess in « how the final version of this piece will look like » as it is probably all produced anyway. So the less extreme versions of the runway originals don’t loose in impact despite being filtered down.

It’s so weird to have this after Dior, to realize the machine it is, to think about those endless conversations about quiet luxury and what the client wants.

I still think the work of a designer is to provoke a desire and not (always)respond to the demand. It’s great to see that those ideas, that are 10 years old for some, those pieces can transcend the idea of trends and still provoke desire.

I’m biais because it’s Nicolas but I’m definitely sold!

I wish there was more of this kind of sets in the Parisian show. I love the almost intimate atmosphere…

LV x Sun Yitian "Animogram" BAGS & ACC Launch: May 17th 2024 IN STORES......so yes i assume same for rtw

yes to everything. This is so good. And to be this very dedicated with lazor vision is wonderful to see. NG hasn’t lost his cool one bits.

I love the references he drew. Quite expansive ideas but they all come together nicely. So many cute pieces for Brand Ambassadors to wear. Commercial but well styled. The silk printed pieces makes me actually feel like huge ptint is okay

this is how you reference the destination without being so literal and putting their flag or landscapes in the clothes. Just by knowing how they dress and by knowing their vibe. Im not sure if it was deliberate or not, the loud colors, the mismatching clothing but still looking put together. Everything look very chinese cool girl and at the same time everything when styled differently will work wonderfully for the western market.

I think Nicholas' cool is what many brands aspire to be these days but they just end up doing something clinical.

It’s very Chinese oriented (the way the looks have been styled) which is good. He definitely knows what he does and to sell it.

Not my favorite. Love the music and setting as usual.

started really slow but after the first 3 minutes this show really grew on me!
beaautiful flowy pieces and a turtleneck vest that was to die for.
Also love all the bags specially the one carried by Ashley.
And the soundtrack!

I still think the work of a designer is to provoke a desire and not (always)respond to the demand.
This is so true! But designers are designing nowadays solely to respond to demand, in order to sell and the system commands that. It's so sad, because so much creativity is being lost. But Nicolas is the exception, he always does his thing, no matter what the world is demanding.
I wish that designers would stop listening to marketing strategists and consultants, would stop creating things with the only purpose to sell, because the fact is, that if you think out of the box and create something accordingly, it will end up selling. At least, that's how it always was. This system is so retrograde. It's the enemy of flourishment and creativity.

I like the Loewe-esque opening dresses with the oversized prints. Some cute bags here and there.
Otherwise it's pretty much Nicolas Ghesquière on autopilot mode.

As much as I loved Ghesquière and as much as he will always be one of my cherised fashion heroes, I never got the appeal of what he has done at Vuitton. It is not chic. I find it quite gimmicky and uninspired. 0 refinement. It is like he doesn't care about fashion that much since he left Balenciaga.

With these big designers from the 00s I feel that once they got super rich, they kind of left fashion aside and started enjoying life.

As much as I loved Ghesquière and as much as he will always be one of my cherished fashion heroes, I never got the appeal of what he has done at Vuitton. It is not chic. I find it quite gimmicky and uninspired. 0 refinement. It is like he doesn't care about fashion that much since he left Balenciaga.

With these big designers from the 00s I feel that once they got super rich, they kind of left fashion aside and started enjoying life.
For me his balenciaga from 2000 -2008 was sharp - from 2009 he went into this playmobil french futuristic side he never left since coming to LV even if his first few shows at LV had some of the sharpness in silhouette as early balenciaga work with a touch of effortless attitude but wearing experimental clothes .....i understand your feeling it could be much better i miss the more dark edge of early work but i understand LV is a big beast to cater to allot of people most don't know or care he is even there and that's fair as well .....i do think his extreme forward laboratory future approach helps such a commercial brand stay edgy and product at the entry level to top benefit form all his work on details he put in the collections and hardware used on bags get that modern touch because of his obsession with futuristic ideas and styles.

I think revisiting a more edited and controlled output for a show and ideas would give a more chic impression on his current work and less jarring prints and textures all in one out fit etc

Ideal would be give a bit of experimentation to Hedi and more edit of hedi to NG ...and a touch of easy experimental of phoebe and Phoebe gets a bit more of jaring edge from NG :-)

Not a single look that I like. Most of it are a regurgitation of his past collections. His usual hideous prints. And the first part is so embarrassing to look at...it´s like "hey Nico, you forgot one look!":

006.jpg

prada.com

That pink bunny print may force me back into shopping womens clothes. Hopefully it comes in a tshirt.

this collection will be copied on the chinese grey market like mad.
so i guess Nicolas Ghesquière pressed all the right buttons here.

I personally love the recurrence of colorful prints in fashion. it's time to end the quiet, just safe played era we are in at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->