Maison Margiela S/S 2016 Paris

Fashion_Girl22

Reaction score
Maison-Margiela-Ready-to-Wear-Spring-Summer-2016-Paris-6146-1443612116-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

So many different shapes, textures and colours. It's so refreshing and the details look incredible.

oh dear
this, everyone, is why i am happy raf is at dior and he did not continue :wink: (and other reason too, obviously)

The collections is fascinating. It is an art of fashion not a street wear.
Recycling and deconstruction can still be done authentically ,especially when it will be done by John Galliano.

Raf Simons made Dior very boring. Simons HC collections are very similar to prêt-à-porter .
Dior in Galliano epoch was always a great show.

As much as it pains me to say this, since I've loved everything Galliano has sent on the runway at Margiela so far, this is bad. It's sort of stuck in a limbo - not experimental enough to be an artisanal collection, not commercial enough to be ready-to-wear. Last season had a lot of wearable clothes and I loved the styling, whereas this looks very arts&crafts-y and the plastic wrap like an afterthought.

I'm of two minds on this one. Part of me likes it because it is so far removed from all of the homogeneous, minimal stuff that gets spit out like clockwork now; all the while being a serious proposal of using old technique to create something new (a continuation of the HC in July) and not just another different for the sake of being different, rehash of old conceptual ideas. But on the other hand, I'm beginning to feel as if Galliano's present day aesthetic is far too affected for Margiela. Some of the pieces almost teeter on the line of being 'John Galliano for Christian Dior, with references of Martin Margiela'. Even with all of the raw edges, hastily stitched tops turned inside out, and paint-smudged fabrics, it just appears far too pristine to be truly authentic to me. As detestable as most found the MM6 collection, it honestly had the kind attitude I think John's work for the mainline needs. He's capable of delivering it but I just don't think it's there yet.

However, there is a really distinct and identifiable look to his Margiela that he has managed to carve out in such a small amount of time. And as separates, his Margiela is far less intimidating and more desirable than anything he's produced during the final years of his Dior tenure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->