Maison Margiela S/S 2016 Paris

Can't wait to read Cathy's review.

^I'm also waiting for that one. Curious.

Oh, i get it... The speech, that i keep reading all over TFP Forums, about preserve the codes/DNA/spirit of the house does not applies to Galliano!

I see A LOT of John and a little of Margiela. But... Hey, whatever makes people happy!

The Hermes looking bags are great, the coats are the strong (wearable) part. Can´t wait to see the redcarpet version of that gold skirted dress

Last edited by a moderator:
The tie belt is such a recurring theme this season.

David Bowie goes East? I can see some glam rock androgynous style in there. Very intriguing & interesting collection. I really love the fluid forms - along with some deconstructive details they bring energy, a rather fresh and flamboyant look. Bravo, John!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe she will be reviewing the Margiela collection. Her reviews for Courrèges, Dries and Chloé the day after, have already been posted. And by the looks of her social media pages, she didn't even attend the show. Possible blowback from her last Margiela review, perhaps? :ermm:

This is such a beautiful collection. One thing that I've always found a little unsettling about Galliano at Margiela is the obvious dissimilarity between their aesthetics. At the same time the prospect thrilled me because it meant something new. Galliano has such a strong character that it is impossible for any collection he does at this house to look very Margiela; at least on the surface. Having said all that, I think this collection is a near perfect marriage of their very distinct codes. I'm happy to see him here; he definitely needed a break and has come back in top form!

Totally in love with the first part, details are just incredible.
Although I'll live without those shoes and bags, overall - it's a great collection.

that's all she had to say on the matter, i think

I would not count John Galliano out, by the way. His second Margiela collection is much better than his debut last season. The two dominant themes are a kind of broken-down couture — things deliberately made to look a touch imperfect — and workwear, mainly in the form of Japanese-inspired pants and jackets. Some of the best jackets are made of a creamy neoprene or dense cotton with a similar spongy feel, including one with a velvet leopard-print collar. Another great look is a beige cotton wrap skirt with cutout flowers, the petals flapping about and revealing peeks of a silver lamé lining.

nymag.com/thecut/2015/10/up-close-raf-simonss-vision-for-dior-is-clear.html?mid=facebook_thecutblog

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaywootoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->