Marc Jacobs S/S 2011 by Juergen Teller

one of those you really need to see in a magazine - W format, if possible.
and see how it is displayed. but i bet there'll be a white page left/right to it (i do hope).

it's true that the boobies are ****ing flat !!
but that looks like Jodie Foster circa Taxi Driver, Lolita by Nabokov, etc. or something like that. i don't know what else.

hadn't actually seen it was originally from W. How is it displayed ?
their format is good for that kind of portrait, very saturated (not only in colors).

Last edited by a moderator:
^I concur. Those blank space (sometimes) effectively adds something for the image.

In some really weird and inexplicable way... I quite like it :blink: But then: I guess I need to see it in print/ in a magazine to fully judge this.

it's true that the boobies are ****ing flat !!
but that looks like Jodie Foster circa Taxi Driver, Lolita by Nabokov, etc. or something like that. i don't know what else.
I totally agree with the Taxi Driver reference and forgot to mention it, but the issue is not that the "character" is underaged (although I have issues with that too but moreso with sexualized little girls styled as little girls), rather it is that the model is underaged, that is way too vérité for me. I am not saying that this should have been Freja, but she is an example of a model who is of age who could have provided the same effect.

hadn't actually seen it was originally from W. How is it displayed ?

It is displayed in the right, with a white page to its left. It has the typical designer, model, and photographer tag, but the store locations, instead of being listed above the model/photographer credits, ran down the right side of the left page along the crease. I haven't seen that before from a MJ campaign.

Geezus what a flat chest!

That aside, this is probably the first time I liked a Juergen shoot -- although it's too early to tell since it's just one shot.

those comments about her boobies are really funny, i'm sorry :rofl:
it looks okay to me, i don't really like this use of colors on teller's aesthetic.

caroline looks amazing :smile: i love her! this is a great shot.

Marc needs to use another photographer besides Juergen tbh.

This time I'm really disappointed this Teller's shot. I used to like his work with Marc Jacobs, but I'm not excited about what I see.

I really love this. The colors are amazing. I can't wait to see the rest of the campaign. I hope he used Luisa. She looked amazing in the show.

This is much better than last season.

The worst way to do a campaign. Backstage at the show.

Great stuff from Teller...he works so well with feminine colours (reds, pinks). The only thing disturbing is the nipple shot but otherwise I love it.

Ugh, I don't like the colors at all, too bright for my taste. I'm still curious to see what it will look like in print.

i'm never excited with marc jacobs campaign, but this one i should say different from previous! but i want to see the rest..

I loved this collection way more than the previous one, but the previous campaign was much better than this one.. so I'm disappointed

Backstage shots used as campaign pics are very lazy IMO, Teller's work for this brand is not my favourite by a long shot and I still haven't mastered the appeal of Caroline as a model yet. So, on paper I should hate this, but strangely enough I really like it and I love the full on saturated colour and this ad is gonna stop you in your tracks when your turning the pages of the magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->