Marc Jacobs S/S 2016 New York

They're like zombie show girls from times past.

The garments are delicate, extremely well made. It reminds me of his grunge collection, the moment he decided to bring the street looks to the runway, the clashing, anti everything joy of being youthful and reckless, very good starting point for his pivot route, bravo.

***KING Brilliant!

That was a visual spectacle. The setting was brilliant, love the clothes, the music ,models, the energy and message of the show.
So many references , 40s Hollywood, 70s, 80s, Americana.
A very nice ending to a very boring NYC fashion week.

Fabulous! And fun! All the big designers are doing great this season. I'm pleasantly surprised. Great casting and amazing clothes!

Marc Jacobs is a very intelligent person and I see some expression and fun in the collection. It's a refreshing departure from the serious esoteric nature clothing has to imbue at times.I like that there is a high level of refinement to the clothing without it being the main focus and the whole presentation of his idea is really rounded. It's chaotic but there is a lot that pulls it together.

Great show, but awful clothes. He isn't very relevant anymore since quitting LV.

I really don't understand some comments. It's not less costumey than Proenza Schouler.
I can't picture anyone wearing Proenza Schouler.
There is some great separates in this collection: beautifuly cut pants, great bombers, funky knits, some strong blazers.
I don't mind that the gowns look like costume. No one is really buying evening wear.

If you are going to buy something from Marc, it has to be special and that's the point. I don't need another line-up of black & white clothes with bows and hip bones exposure.

This collection has the energy, the madness and the showmanship of some of his hits shows. Marc Jacobs mainline hasn't being interesting in a long time and even after some well received collection, i feel like he didn't hit the mark. This is what people needed.

i like this! much better than last season, more variety

the runway is really cool

Wait for their edit video, right now I'm so upset over that stupid broken record and who god damn broadcasted it.

The soundtrack on the live stream was the real music, it's a version of New York Dolls’s - “Trash”.

This collection is brilliant and I get strong Schiaparelli vibe from it. It's a good thing here, because I can feel that joy. When I saw this collection for the first time I didn't like it at all because it was ugly to me. Now I think that ugliness works really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->