Mariah Carey: "I regret many outfits, so many!"

Heroin_Chic

Reaction score
Mariah Carey’s Just a Little Girl

Mariah Carey has a complex about her looks.

The sexy singer, famed for her curvaceous figure, admits she has always been paranoid about how she looks and doesn't believe she has a "best" feature.

She said: "I'm not sure I have best features. I had things I hated about myself. At the age of 12 I dyed my hair orange by mistake, and I shaved my eyebrows. You get a complex from that. Normally my cheeks look fat when I smile."

The 'Glitter' star also admits she regrets many of her fashion disasters, but has dismissed claims she deliberately dresses provocatively for attention.

She said: "I regret many outfits, so many. People always say that I'm raunchy, but how can I be raunchy? I'm eternally 12."

http://www.hollywoodrag.com/index.php?/weblog/comments2/mariah_careys_just_a_little_girl/

Well, this insight comes late but better late than never. :wink: I think admitting this makes her "one of us" - suits her much better than the "diva in too small clothes" antics.

Admitting a mistake is always a good and mature thing. Come down to earth and we`ll love you Mariah! :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
She scares me, not like monsters are scary, but like how sociopathic serial killers are scary.....they're calm, but you know something's twisted.

That last comment she made is definitly one for the psychiatrists couch :shock:

Spike413 said:
She scares me, not like monsters are scary, but like how sociopathic serial killers are scary.....they're calm, but you know something's twisted.

:lol::lol::lol:

Spike413 said:
That last comment she made is definitly one for the psychiatrists couch :shock:

Ok ok, but I think a person like Mariah shouldn`t be taken too literally. What I take out of it (& reward) is the self-criticism. We can be proud of her if she doesn`t refer to herself in the third person :lol:

I have never ever liked the way Mariah dresses, but it suits her nature. Mariah wouldn't be Mariah if she dressed like Nicole Kidman.

Not that I liked the way she dressed, but remember her in her "Dreamlover"/ "Fantasy" videos when she wore the plaid shirts, pigtails and denim shorts? It was cute on her when she was ten years younger....now she's just giving drag queens a run for their money.

Retire the pre-teen clothing Mariah...if you'd buy a shirt that covered more than 40% of your heaving bosom, then maybe people would stop calling you raunchy!

I think her outfits are one of the reasons why many people like her-- you can always count on her to throw on something a little over-the-top. And in some of them (like that short dress with the long sleeves in what I think was the 'We Belong Together' video) she actually looks very cute.

But I think that as she gets older some of those outfits, like the one rainglow mentioned, are a bit much. Now that she's reaching for forty she probably needs to tone them down a bit. Unless, of course, she's going for that Cher vibe...

okay mariah, stand in front of the mirror and repeat that over and over.

rainglow said:
Not that I liked the way she dressed, but remember her in her "Dreamlover"/ "Fantasy" videos when she wore the plaid shirts, pigtails and denim shorts?

I sometimes think about that. The jean shorts were her signature look, and she worked it so adorably. It literally doesn't even seem like the same person anymore! :P

^ I even remember her circa 97, the "Honey" days where it was all sleek little black minidresses and Gucci pumps.....it was just sexy enough without being trashy looking and in a way, she looked more mature then than she does now.

How can she be mature when she's "eternally 12!" Btw...what kind of 12 years old wear clothes like her and pose for playboy?
and Please, Mariah...don't tell me you shop at the junior section at Macy's :rolleyes:

:lol: Yes, absolutely.

cosmogrl5 said:
I have never ever liked the way Mariah dresses, but it suits her nature. Mariah wouldn't be Mariah if she dressed like Nicole Kidman.

Very true! ^_^

But don`t worry a Spandex Minidress still looks sl*tty even if it`s worn in the right size -> "eternally 12 in a size 12" :wink:

Heroin_Chic said:
Very true! ^_^

But don`t worry a Spandex Minidress still looks sl*tty even if it`s worn in the right size -> "eternally 12 in a size 12" :wink:

:lol::heart:

Sometimes I wonder if she even listens to what she says... ever. :lol:

All I can say is that at least she's being honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just can't work out Mariah's body shape. It alarms me sometimes.

^The funny thing is that she's part black. I remember being really confused at first when I saw her during a Black History Month commericial. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thenextbigthing
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->