Marilyn Manson & Dita Von Teese for Vivienne Westwood

thanks to jadedomega for the info and the additional images...:wink:

Marilyn Manson and Dita Von Teese for Vivienne Westwood!

I`m sorry if I maybe misplaced the Threat - I`m not sure where it belongs since it`s a mix of Celebrity, Photography, Advertising & Collection...:unsure:

MANSON AND DITA IN WESTWOOD
spacer.gif
VIVIENNE WESTWOOD has gone the celebrity way for her spring/summer 2005 ad campaign, but taking up with the latest blonde Hollywood starlet isn't really her style. The veteran British designer called upon Marilyn Manson and his sexy sweetheart, Dita Von Teese to pose in her latest designs and the pair will soon be seen strutting their stuff in all the glossies. Vivienne and her husband and business partner Andreas met the heavily made-up rock star and his fiancée last year at a dinner party and it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. While Vivienne is currently designing Dita's wedding dress, Manson wore her designs during his recent tour and his Personal Jesus track played during both Westwood's spring/summer 2005 womenswear and autumn/winter 2005-6 menswear shows. "I like his music; I like his brain, his looks and his style," says Vivienne. "He's marrying Dita who must be his dream - I'm looking forward to the dress - and to her act - friends tell me it's something else." (January 20 2005, AM)

MManson_VWestwood05B.jpg

DVTeese_VWestwood05B.jpg

Source: http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/story/story.asp?stid=22913

I LOVE IT!!!

well I like him more than most of the celebrity models, but still... GIVE THE CAMPAIGN TO A REAL MODEL@!$@!%

there was a thread about it in the Star Style section.

never posted on it..because I dont like it.

ryan_nz said:
well I like him more than most of the celebrity models, but still... GIVE THE CAMPAIGN TO A REAL MODEL@!$@!%

For any other Designer/Label I`d agree with you but not here.

Mrs Westwood has always been "a Punk" in her mind so Manson totally fits (concerning attitude etc) and also: which is the last Westwood Campaign that you remember? I actually remember NONE :( It`s about time something is happening with the Label again because it`s cool!

So in this ONE (&only) case "Celebrity modeling" is ok.

merged...

please do a search before posting...

Well,I really liked that pirate campaign she did for her Red Label ages ago...and the Tracy Emin ads weren't bad either.

faust said:
Sounds good. Smart move, but VW is a sharp one, so I wouldn't expect anything else. The images suck though, sorry. You can do SOOOOOOOOO much better with Manson. Give me a frigging camera...

I kind of agree about the images but god bless Viv for being so out-of-the-box!

'Bout time we see something other than poptarts in these campaigns...sheesh!

faust said:
Sounds good. Smart move, but VW is a sharp one, so I wouldn't expect anything else. The images suck though, sorry. You can do SOOOOOOOOO much better with Manson. Give me a frigging camera...

As Viv was the 'creative director' on this shoot, she must be happy with how it looks, so I wouldn't neccessarily blame the photographer. She oversaw everything that happened that day, so it must be as she envisaged...

Westwood campaigns are never that great, but by using these two definitely make people notice the ads.

I like Perou - He's shot lots of Dita & Manson before, this being my favourite.

dita_020.jpg

Heroin_Chic said:
For any other Designer/Label I`d agree with you but not here.

Mrs Westwood has always been "a Punk" in her mind so Manson totally fits (concerning attitude etc) and also: which is the last Westwood Campaign that you remember? I actually remember NONE :( It`s about time something is happening with the Label again because it`s cool!

So in this ONE (&only) case "Celebrity modeling" is ok.

I can probably remember every Westwood campaign - the reason you may not have noticed them is that she obviously doesn't have the budget of LVMH etc. so can't take out 4 pages in every issue throughout the season of every magazine. Westwood has to be more discerning with the cash.

....and there's always been 'something happening' with Westwood, it's just now with the V&A exhibition etc. she has gained much more editorial (I remember when she was very rarely ever used in any magazine) & also a more mainstream audience than ever before. Her clothes haven't changed, she's just flavour of the month...

Vivienne Westwood - Manson and Dita

I'm looking for the pictures that were taken of Marilyn Manson and Dita for Vivienne Westwood.
Does anyone have these pictures? I really need them :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
i think there was a thread on these ads in star style? i'm not sure though, have you done a search yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uppmuntra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->