MET Costume Institute Gala 2024 : Sleeping Beauties: Reawakening Fashion

Taylor Russell so far is the only one that kind of embodies the Met Gala, she looks gorgeous, on theme but without getting drowned by a designers' ego.. she's wearing her dress and not the other way around, and she doesn't look like a clown, she brings back some glamour to what used to be a fun but classic/more conservative event.

Tyla, whoever she is, is the opposite of that. The way she needs to get lifted is so so embarrassing and undignified... not to make this deeper than it is but these celebrities should suck up less to fashion and maybe not negotiate with self-respect, it's a bit like Doja Cat (actually thought she was Doja Cat going by her overtime on the steps)-: the most generic music but will try self-immolation just to be taken seriously by the fashion industry. Same for this girl. If you're just outstanding at whatever it is that you do, fashion will follow, they're followers...
You're right about Taylor. She struck the right balance between dress code and looking sartorially intriguing. I think social media bemoaning over people not being on theme is partly the reason for why everyone seems to look too costumey nowadays (no room for nuance). And look, I know it's easy to dog on the Kardashians and I'm generally quite indifferent to them, but they turned this event into a bit of a circus.

Bad Bunny is also in Margiela

gettyimages.com

Kendall Jenner:

Emily Ratajkowski:

YbK5zpW.jpeg

Teyana Taylor

2mJX0FZ.jpeg

Jack and Lazaro in the saddest looking suits

iz7Fuw1.jpeg

Matthew Macfadyen and Keeley Hawes

UYI5xY0.jpeg

Christian Cowan and Sam Smith

3kjIwLM.jpeg

Jessica Biel

Shakira:

Demi Lovato:

(I feel like they're just inviting ANYBODY to the MET this year.)

Troye in 2008 Prada! I love that collection.

Brie Larson:

Aurora James:

Camila Cabello:

Sydney Sweeney:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
molly07
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"