MET Costume Institute Gala 2022 : In America: Anthology of Fashion (Part 2 of 2)

Yes, Adut is at the MET! I’m just scrolling through Twitter at this point; otherwise there’s no way to possibly keep up… and of COURSE Kourtney & Travis are making out on the red carpet again.

Erykah Badu & Francesco Risso:
356E79DB-B242-4BDB-8DC8-52C711B86F10.jpeg
gettyimages

Pretty much everyone looks like a clown. Legit. CLOWNS. And they're all strutting about like they're iconic goddesses. Talk about delusional. And all these men look like circus emcees in their bejewelled capes and femme suits. It's so beyond ridiculous.

Kim, however, looks fab in Marilyn's dress.

Kim does/but should look good for spending 5 million on that dress, shame Pete drags the whole vibe down.

Lily James has been wearing the same outfit for the past few months since she's been playing Pamela Anderson. Hang it up.
It's so bad. She looks uncomfortable in every picture. Bring back Erdem-wearing Lily James.

Still waiting on Adut & Anok photos…

I love how the media invests in Kourney and Travis' PR campaign and pushes the idea that anyone cares. Nothing fresh about them, they look like they've been dating since 2007, experienced homelessness together, lived in a car, survived fentanyl, 2 years in jail and.. now we're here.

Thanks for that Squilliam (and SLFC!), always fun to learn these bits of history and society through fashion. Any context on the amount of black leather? (I think someone mentioned it but I can't find the post).

Maybe I take back liking Kim's look. It's not so great if a dress is so tight your left knee is poking out in every picture. Might just be her awkward posing.

Something else to add to the long list of things to be sad about, when it comes to the story of Marilyn Monroe.

Guess we'll have to see Adut tomorrow. Also need Sara Sampaio and Miranda Kerr's pictures too.

Don't care for Sky's look particularly, but if this means she's back out there and is going to put out a second album after nearly a decade, I'm ALL for it.

Lena Waithe:
5E86E95F-C2EC-4DC4-A4A0-C6C7E988217D.jpeg
gettyimages

Jeremy Pope:
D07402CB-2F58-4B9C-82C3-8DE7CA4A01E1.jpeg
gettyimages

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarajevoblues