MET Costume Institute Gala 2022 : In America: Anthology of Fashion (Part 2 of 2)

Euphoria crew so overhyped for this event, Maude Apatow looks better than any of them.

Shalom Harlow:
DDFD5825-9F78-4E30-AD53-D8D28F5A781C.jpeg
gettyimages

Roslia is easily best dressed for me. I scrolled so fast so I have no idea who the designer is but she was on theme and look immaculate. Hailey comes close to second for me but I do feel like the costume is more Old Hollywood than 1890s... Lenny Kravtiz is easily the best out of the men.

I'm getting the impression that 'gilded glamour' meant any era of American fashion that exuded opulence and luxury rather than strictly the gilded era because I'm seeing A LOT of leather.

Cardi B - what a bombshell in Versace!

@indi888 - I think that's actually what Cardi said regarding the theme.

LOL. I must say, I’m curious to see more of Avani’s outfit… because Addison does absolutely NOTHING for the TikTok influencers at the MET.

(I am so over this MET. My god.)

Any pictures of Imaan? The broadcast didnt at all focus on her.

Lesson for future Met Galas, nobody cares how long your dress train is -- doesn't make for a remarkable look.
Yes - long trains, sheer dresses, crop tops (only Zendaya gets a free pass), unnecessary cut-outs... it's all so very tiring. The Thom Browne aesthetic is not far off as well but there are always a few good looks from his crew every year, at least.

Kind of sad that Kim is going to be the last person on the red carpet á la Beyonce and Rihanna, isn't it? If it weren't for Kanye she would probably still be blacklisted, lmao.

Miranda Kerr & Evan Spiegel:
991429D2-D697-4E59-84A6-93A275015ECD.jpeg
gettyimages

I think I just saw Adut, but she got cut out for Nikki's failing dress

What's with the cutesy references to monarchy and aristocracy.. it's almost anti-American :lol:... imagine Frank Lloyd Wright is part of the theme and you pick some gaudy s*it that's like an oligarch's wet dream of 'opulence' and elegance lol. Some of these celebs and influencers are truly helpless, zero taste and minimal curiosity to research and experiment with fashion..

Only Emma Stone stands out to me so far, and not because her look is particularly interesting, she just looks lovely if you don't consider the theme and event. Anna's little crown looks stupid, Tommy's entire look AND crown is hideous.. Emma Chan always looking miserable (will never understand any hype around her, so terribly boring).. and this? so you work for Vogue or produce The Met Gala (whatever google says) and this is what you come up with and it's so ill-fitted it's falling off? just tragic.

The super wealthy American families of the gilded age often married their daughters off to men with aristocratic titles. The man gives the girl a title and the girl gives the man the loads of money that his title once afforded his family. They were referred to as the dollar princesses and I believe Winston Churchill's mother (lady Randolph Churchill aka Jennie Jerome) was one of these women. So tiaras were a part of the American gilded age in a way. Besides, these people really liked their extravagant costume parties and balls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am061890
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->