Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the colors mix

Fausto Sarli Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2006.07 - Gucci Spring/Summer 2011
fausto-sarli_084605.jpg
00060m.jpg

00010m.jpg

vogue.it. style.com

Who? Mr.Sarli? Unfortunately he's dead..btw he did that Couture collection 4 years before Gucci SS 2011

lol..Gaultier is really crazy about doing this
Gianni Versace used to do it too. In his case, he'd take looks from his Atelier line and "recycle" them as ready-to-wear. :blink:

flickr/callmewanda
versacetribute.ning.com

Fashionista had a post months ago comparing that gucci outfit with an orange blazer (I believe) to a still from a marilyn monroe movie ... anyway, I'm sure tons of people have been inspired by it. Nothing comes out of thin air.

The one note i would like to make about JPG is at least he is recycling his own ideas and aesthetic and not that of other designers, as terribly lazy it is of him to do that.

^ I believe that was the idea. It was retrospective of his old things.

I don't know if this was here.

Balenciaga S/S 2000
2iiyk5g.jpg

Balenciaga Pre-fall 2011
10m.jpg

Balenciaga-The Campaigns Archive
Style.com

It's not the first time Nicolas brings back an iconic piece. The white hat Jennifer Connelly wore in the S/S 08 ad campaign was actually designed by Cristóbal Balenciaga himself, the white gown, similar to the one from Resort 2008 collection can be also found among his designs.

And maybe they wanted to revamp the sweater with the new technique, as it says on the website.
Intarsia knitting technique: the motif can be seen on topside as well as seen on underside

^ That's not new. The one from 2000 would likely have been an intarsia knit as well. Intarsia is just a method of knitted a picture or pattern into into something by knitting a separate piece and then assembling it with the rest.

Just for the record, that re-released Balenciaga sweater was shown a full ten days before the Givenchy men's collection was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know but when i saw this dress I remembered this other one.

Cavalli Fall 2005
00560m.jpg

Emilio Pucci Fall 2011
00410m.jpg

style.com

Zuhair Murad F/W 2009/10 and Fausto Sarli F/W 2010/11
zm-3.jpg
SARLI_281fq201011.jpg

flip-zone, faustosarli

I assume this hasn't been posted yet. Thanks to Coco Perez for the comparison picture!

Prada Spring 2012/Heet - the shirt is coming from one of their collections designed in the 80s

prada-menswear-spring-2012-shirt__oPt.jpg
heet-sportswear-print-shirt-prada-knockoff__oPt.jpg

cocoperez.com

That is totally the same shirt/print :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
us4848