Patent bags and bags w/patent trim

BalBabe said:
I REALLY like the gucci clutch, but since it's handheld, it's going to be terrible to keep clean. One thing about black patent is that it shows fingerprints very easily. A shoulder bag is hard enough but a clutch would be impossible. Take that into consideration if buying that bag.

what an excellent point...i hadn't even considered that!...:flower:

I just don't like the buckles two buckles there, and I've seen the patent of the fendi's is not really a patent that I like.. it's too smooth.. a bit too plastic-y. IMHO.

But if you love it-hey! I just think that this can't hold a candle to your old fendi bag. :P

softgrey said:
yes---that one!!...:P...

*what do you guys think of that colour combo?...

i like it..
i think it might look good with jeans and casual looks...
but not so much with what i usually wear...
plus i really do think it looks better in black..

the ONLY thing holding me back the the very washed bumpy leather...
but i think i like it...
i wish the chain was more golden...
in real life it isn't shiny at all...
it's kind of dull...meant to look a bit worn in i guess...

Does it come in a full black patent version? I'd go for that. This tan/black combo was probably the most popular one for the regular bbags when they came out, so I feel like it's a little overdone and the chicness factor which you mentioned in the previous post is less strong.

i really like the theory bag...
i remember seeing that style in regular leather, but was on the fence about it...
and theory bags are pretty resonably priced...

softie...i like the shape of the fendi, but i'm not sure about the color combo...

^ I really love it too. The measurements they gave were huge so I emailed them to make sure they're right, and it's only like 10.5x12 if I remember correctly. Such a shame it's too small.

I love that Marni beige patent bag too. It's unique and elegant...I wonder where I can see that in the city

Balenciaga...

014m.jpg

Guessgirl96 said:
^ I really love it too. The measurements they gave were huge so I emailed them to make sure they're right, and it's only like 10.5x12 if I remember correctly. Such a shame it's too small.

guess - they have the bigger version you can see some pics from the run way pictures but I'm not sure if the bigger size would be in patent and the colors combination might be different.

wow that balenciaga looks kind of grandma, but kind of cute too, though the gold/black combo on this particular one looks conservative imo

Foxie-Pooh said:
I love that Marni beige patent bag too. It's unique and elegant...I wonder where I can see that in the city

what city?...

they have it at the marni store in nyc...:flower:

katespade.com

I'm waitlisted for this ... and it won't break the bank :P ^_^ And there's a chance I might be able to wear it with my red patent shoes ...

Attachments

• oakpark.jpg
    oakpark.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 200
softgrey said:
I have decided that i ADORE patent leather bags and bags with patent trim.

There are quite a few of them out there right now.
One of the reasons they are so great is that they can go from day- to - night with ease...

**patent leather is always chic and very easy to care for (just wipe it down once in awhile)...

i found some beauties...
if you see any- please feel free to share in this thread...
:flower::flower::flower:

this one is marni fw06 from browns.com
:heart:...
love the NUDE patent!!!!

i just saw the marni tote last week at saks in bala cynwood.
its very pretty....
also saw the MJ totes, but i must say that i like the marni ones better....

^ Yes, I tore that page out of the magazine ... the handle's a bit messed up, no? :wink: The price wasn't too bad though.

ta-ta...i love that bag...:heart:
it was in the august lucky in fushia, i think...
the shape is so interesting...

i remember she made it in a python too...
pKS1-2264373reg.jpg

^ Thanks, kimair ... I think it was O where I saw it ... missed it in Lucky, I'll have to go back and look! I agree with you about the shape ... it seems to have just the right amount of structure, and I also like the touch of patent (and the shape of the trim). I think the two textures together will be very interesting.

I also considered this Etro (neimanmarcus.com:(

Attachments

• Etro red bag.jpg
    Etro red bag.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1
^ I found the bag you were talking about in Lucky and I could swear it's a different size than the one pictured above ... the bag in Lucky is big!! :unsure:

that etro bag is really nice ta-ta...
etro seems to be having a good run lately...
the last few seasons have been suprisingly good....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stranger1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->