saks.com

wow- that's super chic mundo...!!!

thanks for posting...
:heart:...

Look what i found on netaporter.com :wub: I love it :woot:

Marni Fall 2006
indexws6.jpg

*netaporter.com

I love patent this season too, but more on shoes than on bags. I haven't seen a patent bag this season that makes my heart skip a beat, though plenty of shoes have done the trick. But as far as patent bags are concerned, I think Marc Jacobs' Hudson looks best, at least more so than YSL's Muse (I prefer that in plain leather) or Jimmy Choo's Romana. Burgendy and plummy brown are hot colors this season, but I think teal would beat up just as nicely.

Also, in an effort to update its image, Tod's has offered up several patent bags this fall. Anja Rubik lugs them around town in the Tod's campaign. Personally, I wouldn't recommend those bags even though I am a fan of both Tod's and Hogan. First, Anja Rubik looks like a desperate imitation of Kate Moss. Cape and leggings seem boring on her, and I've had enough with flatironed blondes dressed in head-to-toe black. Second, most of the patent bags have exposed zippers, which were meant to be a sexy departure for Tod's, but they just reminded me of Frankie B. jeans. Actually, Botkier made almost the exact same bag last season.

Now, if I see a nice doctor's bag in patent leather, I would be a lot more enthused...

From Miu Miu resort... Patent leather drawstring bags ($890:(

0404359508215_275x275.jpg
0404359508215_CNERO_275x275.jpg

picture source: Saks.com

looking for a good patent leather work bag this season, thinking of the marni balloon bag (pic from marni thread at tfs) but it's a little pricey at $1320. I love that it can go across the body. I also thought of the givenchy nightingale (pic from barneys.com), but that's even more expensive! Any suggestions? :flower:

Attachments

• marnibag_mkd2.jpg
    marnibag_mkd2.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 1
  • PG_20106.7051_ZM2.jpg
    PG_20106.7051_ZM2.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 0
emma, go for the givenchy! Its boring in plain black but I like it in patent.

I really like the Marni bag, I have been thinking about getting one for a while. I also like this Pierre Hardy shoulder bag.

source is barneys.com

Attachments

• PG_20104.8599_ZM1.jpg
    PG_20104.8599_ZM1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 2
yeah, i woke up thinking about how to hustle up some money to buy that marni! that's prob. sad to admit!!

the pierre hardy is nice but more purse-like. it comes bigger too right?

mmm- that piere hardy is stuck in my mind...
one of the best designs out there imo...
though i like the satchel better....

just found this on neimanmarcus.com

i love it...
henri beguelin

Attachments

• NMV02RW_mn.jpg
    NMV02RW_mn.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 120
this longchamp's nice too, but the marni is haunting me as i love the messenger aspect.

Attachments

• kate longchamp bag.jpg
    kate longchamp bag.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 112
can't seem to find the black medium marni balloon anywhere! tried marni website, marni store in ny, and all the big dept. stores! saw this gerard deral though, from that thread on tfs.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 90
^That's my bag...very nice ^_^:innocent: only +€300, it's not 'that' expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the Gustto Bacas with the patent trim that they did a bit ago... so much I bought one myself.
Great touch with the patent!

ok, i got a bag just like this but with more patent shine and silver hardware. it was under $100 at century 21 (which would have barely covered the tax on the marni balloon one :innocent:)
pic from anna corrina thread on tfs

Attachments

• AED16558d.jpg
    AED16558d.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
that bag is so nice, emma peel! and what a deal!

what is everyone's thoughts on patent bag/shoes? i got the plain black leather lanvins and want a new bag, but want a PATENT bag...will they look OK together?

i contemplated getting the patent maryjane lanvins, but couldn't decide if i'd be in love with them forever like the plain ones.

bought the patent bag to match the patent chloe wedges I bought, i think it's great to match black patent (or other patents too) as long at it doesn't match your dress too!

I like the lanvin ballet flat, but the mary jane is cute too

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herb2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->