Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

stella made to wait too long, with a pose struck
which made her giggle and snap on the runway (not seriously of course)
maybe she said to him something like go to the bathroom before the show starts.

the video is edited and looks as if nothing especially had happened though.

gettyimages-1524288664-2048x2048.jpg
gettyimages-1524288693-2048x2048 (1).jpg
photo_mid_def_335300.jpg
getty
firstview

While we're on the topic of H&M designer collaborations, Versace x H&M felt like a "you had to be there" kind of moment in fashion history. It had everyone in a choke hold during 2012:

I remember watching a conspiracy theorist analysis of it. The good old days! :rofl:

Here's a link to the original thread. Then there's this article and another one. Franca then did an interview with The Cut and discussed the controversy surrounding it.
Yeah. This is why europeans sound crazy when they talk about america…

Actually this is a great time to discuss how black americans literally shape fashion and get no credit. In fact we have franca sozzani of all the clowns getting a f*cking attitude about it. Where is giuseppe with the pasta stains ??? Why did you leave out your tasteless. What happened to italian pride. Where is maria in her polyester tracksuit and rats nest hair? Why did you forget their 1982 fiat punto with mismatched panels. What happened Franca?? Why is your italian tastelessness not good enough.

Lets not forget Givenchy by Riccardo was exclusively American Black coded. Not European Black not African Black. American Black. If it wasnt american black coded nobody would want it. I mean have you seen how poorly they imitate american blackness? French and English rap is an atrocity. like its so cringy going to london or paris and seeing people desperately trying to drip like an american from harlem but it doesnt happen ever.

yes this is racist. Yes you look bad because its dripping in passive aggression. I mean they put the MJ skirt from his african inspired stuff here. Clearly the elevator doesnt go all the way up. It normally doesnt for europeans regarding race …

Last edited:
Yeah. This is why europeans sound crazy when they talk about america…

Actually this is a great time to discuss how black americans literally shape fashion and get no credit. In fact we have franca sozzani of all the clowns getting a f*cking attitude about it. Where is giuseppe with the pasta stains ??? Why did you leave out your tasteless. What happened to italian pride. Where is maria in her polyester tracksuit and rats nest hair? Why did you forget their 1982 fiat punto with mismatched panels. What happened Franca?? Why is your italian tastelessness not good enough.

Lets not forget Givenchy by Riccardo was exclusively American Black coded. Not European Black not African Black. American Black. If it wasnt american black coded nobody would want it. I mean have you seen how poorly they imitate american blackness? French and English rap is an atrocity. like its so cringy going to london or paris and seeing people desperately trying to drip like an american from harlem but it doesnt happen ever.

yes this is racist. Yes you look bad because its dripping in passive aggression. I mean they put the MJ skirt from his african inspired stuff here. Clearly the elevator doesnt go all the way up. It normally doesnt for europeans regarding race …
While I agree with a lot of what you say, you have to remember that everything that is coming from America, for Europeans is American and not necessarily coded as Black American with the understanding of the traumas and cultural layers.

Everything is a result of American Hegemony post WW2.

It’s also quite normal for Black French or UK who were born in a western environment where they are a minority to look up to their equivalent from biggest economy of the world.

There’s a black experience in Europe but the black identity in Europe is rooted in national African identities. Essentially black men and women in Europe have the same experience as US blacks but due to their personal identities (a Senegalese is very different from a Gabonese which is even more different from a black French Caribbean), even with colonization (the French colonization was very different from the UK one or the Portuguese one) they don’t live or experience their blackness the same.

And being black American has never been stigmatized in Europe. Which is not the case for Black Africans.

So while I think there’s a lot of ignorance and mimétisme from Europe, there’s either some ignorance or lack of interest too from the US part.

French and English rap is an atrocity.
you aren't wrong! random but I was at the gym the other day and they had Central Cee's Sprinter on and.. :glare:... I started reflecting on how successful he seems but how that was also just destined to never truly succeed in the US lol. The man is bragging about an SUV!.. like yes, I'm sure pulling up in 'an SUV' in a nameless neighborhood in Britain is cool and all but it isn't rare at all in the US, you need to state WHICH one it is, like what is it, is it a lambo, a maybach? is it a freakin’ FIAT? how are you going to compete with American rappers and the very specific s*it they got from all their 'bricks' when that’s your game? just bye.

Model Dana Patrick, who appeared in Meat Loaf's videos "I'do Anything for Love" and "I'd Lie For You" was approached with music deals when people in the music industry thought it was her singing. The actual artist featured in the songs was Lorraine Crosby, who had an extensive music career of her own. Dana was just lip-synching.
Dana Patrick walking for Christian Dior FW 1992 during her modelling years:
Christian Dior 1992 Women RTW 41.jpg
My archives/distractify.com

This has to be on youtube somewhere. But I remember watching a segment on a Givenchy HC show by Julien McDonald. I think it was "Fashion Television" with Jeanne Beker. The segment showed 2 ladies w/ these wacky hats on, abruptly leaving the show early. The host TRIED to get some commentary from them. One of them wasn't having any of it and kept walking, and the other boldly proclaimed "This is NOT haute couture." Burn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->