Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

A few more rare shots of Balenciaga, these are from Marie-Andrée Jouve's book. My scans from ages ago.

1715820778796.png

1715820796489.png
1715820843180.png

Omg and the Bernard Buffet (who in his own way could be an entire random fashion moment, Pierre before Yves, if ya know ya know) painting of Balenciaga's dog!!!

1715821145216.png
artnet

Last edited:
Do you have the pic of a young Karl, posing in front of the Balmain boutique, with his lustrous mane of hair on full display? I’ve tried to post it w/ the Attach files feature, but it never lets me.

Your wish is my command

wwd
Thanks for that! I love that pic of him. Him, Balenciaga, and Givenchy were quite easy on the eyes back then, but I’m also biased for b&w photos of men in swanky clothes.

And you dont need to apologize for your contributions. TFS is best when we use images to illustrate our thoughts. :smile:

P.S. I feel like I've become a spammer troll in this thread. I'm just glad to have a place to deposit all the random fashion tidbits I've acquired over my lifetime. 🙏
Not spam at all. Those posts are gems! Thank you for sharing 💐

^ same, I love old pictures in general but this provides context to the industry today in a fun way!

I’m curious about this partnership, but not curious enough to spend much time googling it.

Givenchy in his middle-age. He aged quite well…in this pic, at least.

View attachment 1270928
Hubert de Givenchy seems like he was the nicest man ever ! Never a bad word about anybody ! So calm, so kind and level-headed in his interviews. Love him. Both he and his partners made great clothes and their lives seemed quite peaceful.

Can we take a moment to appreciate Roland Mouret's F/W 05/06 collection? Especially Keira Knightly's galaxy dress?

1715866957937.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terarcher1111
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->