Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

Peter Dundas as head designer at Robert Cavalli 🙃
To be honest, his time as head designer (not creative director) under the creative direction of Eva Cavalli, was amazing. Too bad on his own, he missed completely.
When Chanel tried, and failed, to venture into menswear. At this time, menswear WAS having a moment, but I can’t imagine anybody wanting Chanel, or perhaps Karl, to be a part of that conversation. (Also random, when somebody here tried to flex by posting a pic of his Chanel shirt w/ the hanger, and the only response was “Nice hanger.”)

View attachment 1265493
View attachment 1265494
The irony of that menswear line was that they went from the « funny » thing that, « Ok, we are doing ties, fragrances, watches for men, let’s do something else ». They expected the wives to buy for their men but it turned out that Chanel menswear was mostly coveted by those wives’s male best friends or stylists.

The guy who almost destroyed Givenchy, Matthew Williams, plays as McQueen
choke-choking.gif

All of Lady Gaga’s interludes for the Monster Ball 😍😍😍
She references this video at @1:48. The guy who almost destroyed Givenchy, Matthew Williams, plays as McQueen

When Lady Gaga forshadowed MW become CD of Givenchy by having him roleplay as another CD of Givenchy.

When the agency made clients book Joan Smalls if they wanted to book some stars from that agency.

when grace jones visited miyake's flagship in tokyo, the shop staff had a hard time convincing her. for her, anything there was a present from miyake and he was a close friend.

20cfce153c6dcbd30dc35695758066ae-4.jpg

1000ya

I think often of this quote about Alexander wang at balenciaga: “we asked for an artist and they sent us a painter”.

I have no idea where I read it but it’s so lovely haha

when grace jones visited miyake's flagship in tokyo, the shop staff had a hard time convincing her. for her, anything there was a present from miyake and he was a close friend.

View attachment 1266019

1000ya
Issey was born in Hiroshima and survived the bombing at 7 yo, he was the sweetest man on Earth and everybody fell in love with him. The most liked man in Fashion ever. More than Kenzo. Period.

Issey was born in Hiroshima and survived the bombing at 7 yo, he was the sweetest man on Earth and everybody fell in love with him. The most liked man in Fashion ever. More than Kenzo. Period.
let's pay if you want to get things in his shop, whatever he is to you. all the more when you love him.

I think often of this quote about Alexander wang at balenciaga: “we asked for an artist and they sent us a painter”.

I have no idea where I read it but it’s so lovely haha
I believe Diana Vreeland said this (correct me if im wrong). This can be applied to most of the appointments nowadays. Strangely i coundn’t find this quote on Google.

I’m obsessed with Chanel from 2005 to 2008. In those years you could really tell how much of a genius Karl was. The peak of beauty of his work was the SS06 show… the models look like angels or little dolls from heaven. Everything seems so pure and so refined.

And it’s all so real and genuine… no gimmick castings, no phones in the front row (just saw one lady with a flip phone), no influencers, just old ladies and journalists (some of them dead now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvtvi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->